BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

He's not knocked us back, yet.

I suggest steve kean is the weak link of any deal for Ronaldhino. I just cannot see him wanting to play for Steve Kean. Maybe if Rovers had a manager who is known world wide then a possible, though slim, chance of it happening.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Having owners signing players can only cause problems. For starters Kean will have to play whoever they sign, be it Beckham or Ronaldinho. They aren't going to pay that kind of money out only to see Kean leave 'em on the bench. That in itself is going to cause problems between owners, manager and other players. In effect it will mean Venky's interfering with team selection - and we've seen that before at other clubs.

Venky's: give the budget to a manager who you trust with money and keep out of the footballing side of things.

Totally agree.

Why are people so wound up about the gossip? Isn't it better than silence?

Let the signings be the real news, the fact that there is so much gossip demonstrates that there is activity. Anyone who says the squad doesn't need additions, or that we would have had them without a change of ownership is not living in the real world. We will continue to get the negative, the sky is falling down merchants come what may.

It is ironic, that the last transfer window we were all moaning that we were not signing anybody. This window we have been linked with one of the best players we could be linked with, yet there is still moaning.

Kean wants Beckham

With Kean wanting Beckham and Venky's Ronaldinho could we end up with both gracing our midfield?

Now that would be finger licking good.

EDIT: I reckon the clincher is assis getting one final giant pay-cheque, give him the 3 million Venky's!

Posh would fit right in with the supporters, with that pout of hers ...

Venky's man in Brazil is, surprisingly enough, a Brazilian.

Or it could be Jerome Anderson with a sun tan.

We should be told.

:lol:

I get the feeling you're enjoying this ...

It is ironic, that the last transfer window we were all moaning that we were not signing anybody. This window we have been linked with one of the best players we could be linked with, yet there is still moaning.

Just no pleasing some people im afraid.

Just watching Prem years on Sky Sports 4. 05-06 season, Great season for Blackburn. Pedersen on fire. What went wrong?

In any business COMMUNICATION is key. Football moreso with the implications of the fans and how it can be reported in the news.

I have questions?

1) Why was it released on the official Venkys FB page

2) Why is Ronaldihos brother and agent saying there has been contact

3) Why are Venkys denying it?

I have a horror gut instinct that this was merely a quick ploy to carry favour with the fans and a bit of cheap publicity accross the world particularly South America at Rovers expense. Was the FB page released and deleted in the hope of getting people talking? who knows but Venkys said when they took over that the clubs management "failed to maximise marketing opportunities". Venkys are publicity hungry, sacking Ssm got that publicity, this transfer link has got people talking. What Venkys fail to realise is that the former management did not court publicity through the club for a reason unless it was FACT and positive.

I honestly feel Venkys do not know what they have bought in terms of tradition, history and current proposition. I also wish that when players transfer to the club they get a swift history of it and why it is so important in the creation of the professional game that developed here in East Lancashire which directly effects why they can earn a living from it.

Not liking one extreme doesn't mean you want the other does it? I think most fans would be happy bing linked to four or five decent, squad-imporving, players.

can somebody clear something up. Kean mentions 1 domestic loan and 2 foreign loans, is this over and above permanent signings? it seems in his statememt, he talks about 3 signings and then mentions the loans.

Top story in breaking news. Suggest Brazil it is

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Same story from another source

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Ronaldinho's brother and agent says the playmaker is negotiating a return to Brazil from AC Milan, with three top clubs lining up to sign him.

The 30-year-old Ronaldinho is currently in Brazil and his brother Roberto Assis says Flamengo, Gremio and Palmeiras are all trying to sign the player, with a deal expected to be sealed in a few days' time.

Assis has met with the clubs' representatives and is analyzing their offers. He told the GloboEsporte.com website that "we don't know what's going to happen yet, but we want him playing in Brazil again."

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=347861

I suggest steve kean is the weak link of any deal for Ronaldhino. I just cannot see him wanting to play for Steve Kean. Maybe if Rovers had a manager who is known world wide then a possible, though slim, chance of it happening.

Nah, don`t think Keano is the weak link at all - if Ronnie comes to Rovers, its purely about money Pafell so I don`t think the manager/coach will be an influence.

Now, attracting youngers stars who want to develop their careers and skillsets, then yes, it may be an influencing factor in their decision making :rolleyes:

I agree that having a high profile manager could help us in attracting big name players, but money does talk and the offer is on the table - I think that's more important than whether our manager's name is Kean or Keane.

I feel sorry for the journalists in all this. How the hell are they meant to figure Venky's out?!

No one could blame them if they started making stuff up. Afterall Venkys seem to be good at it

Just no pleasing some people im afraid.

Just watching Prem years on Sky Sports 4. 05-06 season, Great season for Blackburn. Pedersen on fire. What went wrong?

The trust tightened the purse strings even further and eventually pushed Hughes out, pretty much sums it up I reckon.

Just looking on the Blackburn page on the daily mail website. They have links to all the websites/newspapers who have reported on the Ronnie story. Seems to be not just every national rag, but local ones as well, not to mention global media sites. If its publicity they were after, its publicity they have got.

Another thought, I wonder if Venkys and Assis, were in on some silly little ploy which works in the best interest for both parties involved. An agreement was made that Venkys would leak a rumour that they were in for Ronnie, and are looking to offer him silly money, what follows this is a better contract offer for him inj Brazil to counter this, and Venkys get global publicity and no cost to them. Just another thought, far fetched, but nothing would surprise me at this very moment in time.

The trust tightened the purse strings even further and eventually pushed Hughes out, pretty much sums it up I reckon.

It was a rhetorical question, I think we all know were it went wrong. Shame though.

Archived