BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Anybody know exactly how much money Ronaldinho is worth?

He's swimming in cash already and now has the chance to go and play in his home country - his own language, family and friends around, hot climate... plus - although the money would pale in comparison to what he's reportedly been offered by Barry Chuckle - the cost of living in Brazil is obviously much less.

I saw Ronnie play at Camp Nou before - phenomenal skills but in all honesty he reminded me of Dwight Yorke! I very much doubt he'd fancy heading down the Bolton Road for a scrap on a rainy Tuesday night - cliched as that sounds.

Getting him to Ewood would be the coup of the century - I just can't see it happening.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking on the Blackburn page on the daily mail website. They have links to all the websites/newspapers who have reported on the Ronnie story. Seems to be not just every national rag, but local ones as well, not to mention global media sites. If its publicity they were after, its publicity they have got.

Another thought, I wonder if Venkys and Assis, were in on some silly little ploy which works in the best interest for both parties involved. An agreement was made that Venkys would leak a rumour that they were in for Ronnie, and are looking to offer him silly money, what follows this is a better contract offer for him inj Brazil to counter this, and Venkys get global publicity and no cost to them. Just another thought, far fetched, but nothing would surprise me at this very moment in time.

It is all about publicity. Kean is using Brand Beckham today backs this up

I would love to know who is on this list. I dont think Ive been this excited about a list since I wrote to santa as a child

My thoughts are -

Romeu

Robbie Keane

Charlie Adam

Ba

Traore

Kranjcar/O'Hara/Bentley

At least 2 of those are on it I would of thought anyway.

I'm sorry, but I don't get this. What is this standard of journalism that would report on such stories, only for them to turn out totally false? And from seemingly trusted sources too. It just does not seem right that you would write a news story based on information that quite clearly belongs to la-la land and has no grounds in reality.

Have Rovers supporters not been through enough to be toyed around like this?

Nicko, you saids earlier today that we are close to signing one, two or maybe even three. Can you tell us what positions they play in? Hopefully a striker, and 2 central midifelders (one defensive, one attacking)

I don't know why but I feel we are after Djibril Cisse. No links though

I'm sorry, but I don't get this. What is this standard of journalism that would report on such stories, only for them to turn out totally false? And from seemingly trusted sources too. It just does not seem right that you would write a news story based on information that quite clearly belongs to la-la land and has no grounds in reality.

Have Rovers supporters not been through enough to be toyed around like this?

Which bit? Ronaldinhos brother has confirmed that Rovers have made a bid for him? :rolleyes:

Which bit? Ronaldinhos brother has confirmed that Rovers have made a bid for him? :rolleyes:

Well quite clearly, that is not the case.

The story was quickly removed from their site and Rao has now rubbished the rumour.

He said: “That is not true. There is no interest at all, they are just rumours.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8766268.Venky_s__Ronaldinho_a_no_go_for_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mr

So basically, some well-respected journalists are pulling out stories from their backsides.

Either that, or for some reason Venkys are lying and we are actually about to sign Ronaldinho.

Guess which one sounds more true.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8766268.Venky_s__Ronaldinho_a_no_go_for_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mr

So basically, some well-respected journalists are pulling out stories from their backsides.

Either that, or for some reason Venkys are lying and we are actually about to sign Ronaldinho.

When JW denied that deals were taking place when they were, did you consider that to be lying??? You're choosing to believe one source over another without any knowledge regarding whether they're credible. One article stating distancing Venky's from Ronaldinho isnt much in comparison to several sources verifying that Venky's have been tracking Ronnie for months and tabled an offer.

Clearly something has been going on but yet again the Venky's PR machine has hit the meltdown button. That is why there is so much confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dichotomy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dichotomy

According to this.. Palmeiras have offered him $1.6m a month which if Brazilian dollars equates to £140k a week...

Spot on with that figure. Even this hasn't just been a load of hot air from the battery hen merchants, would Ronnie prefer 140,000 a week in Brazil or Blackburn? Hmmmm... difficult one...

Venky's PR just get more and more comical as the days go by. The words "###### up" and "brewery" spring to mind.

I'm not a Journalist and I know that there is nothing made up about Nicko's story and whether or not you want to believe it, we are still trying to sign him.

According to this.. Palmeiras have offered him $1.6m a month which if Brazilian dollars equates to £140k a week...

Palmeiras are using Japanese sponsors to try and do the deal.Will pay 75% of the wages.

Off topic::: Macheda's move to Sampdoria opens up a chance of Santa Cruz to Lazio again,Lazio after Klose too.

I'm not a Journalist and I know that there is nothing made up about Nicko's story and whether or not you want to believe it, we are still trying to sign him.

BPF - I respect your postings as you don't seem the type who tries to sensationalise your 'scoops', unlike some others.

Do you have any indication as to whether Ronaldinho would be willing to come here or not?

Palmeiras are using Japanese sponsors to try and do the deal.Will pay 75% of the wages.

Off topic::: Macheda's move to Sampdoria opens up a chance of Santa Cruz to Lazio again,Lazio after Klose too.

Santa Cruz is pretty much the luckiest person on the earth.

Salary quoted was in brazillian Reais, 1.3m of which equates to 507,842.93 GBP per month according to xe.com, x 12 to get yearly is 6094115.16 divided by 52 weeks (if its a yearly salary and not just the footballing season) is £117, 194 per week.

sounds like 13k less to me?

Admittedly Brazil is his home, but he would still take a kicking in local taxes compared to the uk, plus will need some serious staff with guns to protect him (which he can undoubtedly pay for, but it all costs).

Nicko, you saids earlier today that we are close to signing one, two or maybe even three. Can you tell us what positions they play in? Hopefully a striker, and 2 central midifelders (one defensive, one attacking)

I don't know why but I feel we are after Djibril Cisse. No links though

I bloody well hope not.

BPF - I respect your postings as you don't seem the type who tries to sensationalise your 'scoops', unlike some others.

Do you have any indication as to whether Ronaldinho would be willing to come here or not?

Thank you Randy.

I don't to be honest. I heard yesterday that he was interested but that turned out to be the news that his agent had held talks with us. I know that there are a few other clubs interested now so if we pulled it off then Venkys would really have to be applauded for pulling off what was pretty impossible. We'll have to wait and see.

Thank you Randy.

I don't to be honest. I heard yesterday that he was interested but that turned out to be the news that his agent had held talks with us. I know that there are a few other clubs interested now so if we pulled it off then Venkys would really have to be applauded for pulling off what was pretty impossible. We'll have to wait and see.

I think your last sentence sums things up just perfectly. The fact is none of us know whats going on. Even Journalists who beleive they have info from reliable sources. Problem is we all want answers sooner rather than later, butgood things come to those who wait.

Archived