SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Nicko,

Any truth in the rumours ive been told.

Warnock to sign in next few days for Blackburn again?

He didnt play for Villa yesterday either. Preferred a kid on the bench instead.

Is he off?

I doubt it. He went to Villa for a huge rise - maybe as much as £1 million a year.

Rovers won't give him that kind of cash...or pay Villa a fee.

Don;t see him being thrown into the Samba equation either.

This deserves one of these :wstu:

In fact it deserves two :wstu:

Some of you lot still don't get it.

The biggest "risk" with these new owners is relegation and eventual oblivion.

What many fail to realise is Rovers have been playing the riskiest game of all for years. "Spend no money and hope to god our safe-playing will keep us in the Premier League."

Why does everyone seem to think that we would be guaranteed Premier League safety without this takeover? I know we were unlikely to get relegated under Sam but who can truly say? Plus he was looking to jump ship soon, especially if England came a calling.

Without investment chances are our lack of spending and clubs strengthening around us would have left us edging closer to the plunge.

I know the Raos are a bit mental but I'm happy we have money to spend and if you haven't noticed it looks like Kean is getting money to spend on HIS targets, putting aside this Ronaldinho thing.

Ronaldinho's brother and agent said that tomorrow or wednesday it will all be solved.

He did not say much of the negotiations, just first there are problems to be solved with AC Milan and that their decision will be on how much are they willing to lose

What nonsense. You have no idea how much money they have. Your mentality is only going to keep us at the level we're at now, and I for one would risk it all to have a bloody good go at challenging the big boys again!

This Venky's lot have done a few stupid things PR wise, but I for one welcome their mentality, and it makes a welcome change from the stale Walker Trust.

You are living in a dream world matey. Wake up, smell the coffee and recognise that these people from Pune are nothing more than egotistical charlatans who have about as much chance of rekindling the fortunes of our small town club at the levels magically bestowed by Jack as Arnie Schwarzenegger has of becoming US President (i.e. none).

Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words and the transfer actions of this lot are worringly barmy. So much so that it is clear that they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. End of.

You are living in a dream world matey. Wake up, smell the coffee and recognise that these people from Pune are nothing more than egotistical charlatans who have about as much chance of rekindling the fortunes of our small town club at the levels magically bestowed by Jack as Arnie Schwarzenegger has of becoming US President (i.e. none).

Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words and the transfer actions of this lot are worringly barmy. So much so that it is clear that they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. End of.

I THINK YOU MAY HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THERE !!!

I'm not denying there is a link, however, Nicko provided a link to that site that quoted Mirror Sport!

Where did the story start? A real chicken and egg question.

To be fair, that Brazilian website article - including all quotes - was what started people talking and was there long before The Mirror knew of the serious interest.

In fact, the quotes have been directly lifted onto The Mirror's article.

Regardless, interesting times.

I really don't know what to think - believe the likelihood that an offer sits with Ronnie and he's mulling over what to do next, or that there never was any offer in the first place.

Seems nobody actually knows...

I THINK YOU MAY HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THERE !!!

It's been pretty obvious from day one. Whether they can turn it around from here is still a massive task. Actually signing Ronaldinho would go a little way towards it but they have no respect left to play with from the press or from us Rovers fans...

What nonsense. You have no idea how much money they have. Your mentality is only going to keep us at the level we're at now, and I for one would risk it all to have a bloody good go at challenging the big boys again!

This Venky's lot have done a few stupid things PR wise, but I for one welcome their mentality, and it makes a welcome change from the stale Walker Trust.

Lets be honest.. is there any player at Rovers who could possibly moan at Ronaldinhos contract...

....hands up if you have won a world cup

....hands up if you've been World player of the year

...twice

...Eurpoean player of he year....

anyone.....

Keith Andrews - I got promoted from the third division with MK Dons

There isn't one player at the club that could justify any wage increase.

Would be different if there were 2 or 3 big stars vying against each other, but we haven't got any.

Frightening isn't it folks! :unsure:

Maradona, Beckham, Ronaldinho are all has-beens.

Why aren't the new owners targetting Messi and Ronaldo ?

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted the new owners haven't signed these two players yet.

Don't they know what they're doing ?

Why does everyone seem to think that we would be guaranteed Premier League safety without this takeover? I know we were unlikely to get relegated under Sam but who can truly say? Plus he was looking to jump ship soon, especially if England came a calling.

I don't think anyone expected us to stay in the Premier League without a takeover, the majority of people at least were waiting for it to happen, so we could finally have some money to make us competitive again. The thing most people have been suspicious about was the sacking of Sam and replacing him with someone who'd never managed before for the rest of the season. Kean is an unknown element to the equation, there's real risk that he will fail and so far I have not been assured in any way that he has more chance of succeeding than failing.

Most people will agree that they expect Premier League safety (at the least) under Sam, but under Kean, we don't really know what to expect. The only thing that's keeping our hopes up right now is that we will bring some quality signings to bolster the squad and these will be successful in obtaining results until the end of the season.

It's been pretty obvious from day one. Whether they can turn it around from here is still a massive task. Actually signing Ronaldinho would go a little way towards it but they have no respect left to play with from the press or from us Rovers fans...

signing Ronaldinho outside of the budget, you must be a hard person to please.

there should be two treads

1. for posters who want the owners to have success.

2. for posters that dont want the owners to have success and can say i told you so if and when they fail, but if they succeed then they just had rovers at heart blah blah blah.

if we sign Ronaldinho i will be over the moon. its been shown that he not passed it, he just not at his best. he would walk into any team in this league, tbh i think it will depend how much he want to play in the EPL vrs going home. if we dont sign him so what we will have a little egg on are faces but at lest we tried.

@ 100 grand a week, it just a bit more than we offered Bentley before he left, there prob close to 100k of crap a week at rovers we could get rid off.

Lets be honest.. is there any player at Rovers who could possibly moan at Ronaldinhos contract...

...twice

anyone.....

Would be different if there were 2 or 3 big stars vying against each other, but we haven't got any.

Diouf - Maradona and Pele think I'm awesome

What are you on about? The lot at Man City are clearly just as if not more barmy. Don't you remember the Kaka affair?

If they have money, things will be fine, that's the be all and end all.

Your posts come across as nothing but drunken rants. Venky's might just end up destroying our club, who knows? They might be the second best thing that ever happened to it.

Let's wait and see, instead of coming to wild preconceptions. Whatever your opinion, they've been successful in their business ventures up to now.

Ronaldinho is a trophy. If we get him, fantastic. If we dont then thats that.

The success of this window will come down to the singings that Kean makes. If the 3/4 players he brings in are up to the mark then I think we could have a reasonable finish to the season. Ronnie is a bonus.

If their PR was in order then I doubt anyone on here would be complaining about making approaches to Ronaldinho. Id have him over Beckham any day. But as I said, he is a bonus. The more low key signings are far more significant in my eyes.

Venky's will be judged by the Rovers teamsheet come Feb 1st. We needed cash, that is why they're here. Lets see what they can do.

Maradona, Beckham, Ronaldinho are all has-beens.

Why aren't the new owners targetting Messi and Ronaldo ?

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted the new owners haven't signed these two players yet.

Don't they know what they're doing ?

No. Why would they?

I`ve been saying since day one that Indian chicken farmers will know nothing about running a premier league football club.

We`ve gone from a respected club to a ridiculed one.

...twice

anyone.....

SALGADO.

I hate to get all historic on you, but when Jack Walker came in he tried to buy Gary Lineker. Everyone, including Spurs and Lineker and the papers who missed THAT story, laughed.

What happened after that again...?

I agree. But didn't Jack realise that to attract the big players he needed to appoint a big manager. At the time Kenny Dalglish was one of the biggest names. I know money talks and we are in different times, but surely a big time manager would be more likely to attract the big players.

Archived