BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Salary quoted was in brazillian Reais, 1.3m of which equates to 507,842.93 GBP per month according to xe.com, x 12 to get yearly is 6094115.16 divided by 52 weeks (if its a yearly salary and not just the footballing season) is £117, 194 per week.

sounds like 13k less to me?

Admittedly Brazil is his home, but he would still take a kicking in local taxes compared to the uk, plus will need some serious staff with guns to protect him (which he can undoubtedly pay for, but it all costs).

Ha ha - very good point, I hadn't thought of that aspect!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salary quoted was in brazillian Reais, 1.3m of which equates to 507,842.93 GBP per month according to xe.com, x 12 to get yearly is 6094115.16 divided by 52 weeks (if its a yearly salary and not just the footballing season) is £117, 194 per week.

Admittedly Brazil is his home, but he would still take a kicking in local taxes compared to the uk, plus will need some serious staff with guns to protect him (which he can undoubtedly pay for, but it all costs).

To be fair Venky's was only advertising offering the same. 7,2M in euros is £6,2M. £6,2M/52 weeks = £119k/wk. Not £130k or £140k the papers are "quoting".

Palmeiras are using Japanese sponsors to try and do the deal.Will pay 75% of the wages.

Off topic::: Macheda's move to Sampdoria opens up a chance of Santa Cruz to Lazio again,Lazio after Klose too.

As of 16.24 CET.

Folha de Sao Paulo claims a group of sponsors were ready to siphon off a fund and pay for the arrival of Ronaldinho in exchange for sponsorship space on the club's shirt.

But, Fiat, who are the main sponsors at Palmeiras, have an agreement with the club prohibiting additional advertising on the kit.

It is said the club had offered 'Dinho a €580,000 per month salary, but with financial resources looking bleak, Gremio and Flamengo appear frontrunners in the evolving race.

My link

As of 16.24 CET.

Folha de Sao Paulo claims a group of sponsors were ready to siphon off a fund and pay for the arrival of Ronaldinho in exchange for sponsorship space on the club's shirt.

But, Fiat, who are the main sponsors at Palmeiras, have an agreement with the club prohibiting additional advertising on the kit.

It is said the club had offered 'Dinho a €580,000 per month salary, but with financial resources looking bleak, Gremio and Flamengo appear frontrunners in the evolving race.

My link

As transfer saga's go this one has to be right up there. Entertainment all the way. Wouldnt be at all surprised if there were a few more twists in the tale.

How about a top 5 club? ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343517/Blackpool-boss-Ian-Holloway-claims-Ill-Charlie-Adam-club.html

Got to love Holloway, who else comes out with a quote like this -

"You won’t get him strutting round the place like he’s a chocolate bar, licking himself."

Nicko said there will be an 11 o'clocker which should shed some light on the targets

Steve Kean said it will prob be after the Liverpool game before anyone comes in.

There is zero chance of Beckham playing for us even without a Tottenham offer on the table. He was reported to have turned down Everton as it was "too close to home". The story I read had him talking to Jamie Redknapp about Tottenham's style of play. He clearly doesn't need the money either, so even if we did match what Spurs were playing (likely a stupid figure already) I don't think it would matter.

As for Ronaldinho, seems unlikely to me but I would have no beef with the owners of the club trying to get this done if they thought it was on. Steve Kean was never going to put Ronaldinho on his list even for his fantasy football team, let alone for his first managerial transfer window. Owners buying players is a problem when it's some schmuck who is useless or unknown, or the manager actively doesn't want the player at the club even when offered.

Until there is any evidence on the latter, and on the proviso a marquee signing doesn't interfere with those Kean's identified targets then I'm not going to fault the Rao brothers for thinking bigger than the manager is likely to do at this point.

I expect however, he'll be on the beach in a week which would probably explain Venky's already shocking PR machine going into meltdown.

Thank you Randy.

I don't to be honest. I heard yesterday that he was interested but that turned out to be the news that his agent had held talks with us. I know that there are a few other clubs interested now so if we pulled it off then Venkys would really have to be applauded for pulling off what was pretty impossible. We'll have to wait and see.

Nobody seems to have picked up the fact that the offical site has not denied the interest. They have in the past.

As of 16.24 CET.

My link

They are not the Japanese sponsors.It's all cloak & daggers in Brazil.

A Blackpool fan told me Charlie Adam has a release clause - anyone else know anything? Supposedly it's £4.6m - seems like an odd number.

Interesting, I would think he is definitely one of the names on the list. I think he would make a real differance to the team, has done absolute wonders to a fairly average Blackpool team. They would soon slide down the table without him there making things tickon the pitch.

Interesting, I would think he is definitely one of the names on the list. I think he would make a real differance to the team, has done absolute wonders to a fairly average Blackpool team. They would soon slide down the table without him there making things tickon the pitch.

He's prone to suicidal errors though - our goal at Bloomfield Road for one, and in the first minute at City this weekend. That said, pair him with N'Zonzi or a similar player and he could turn our midfield around.

Sorry yes it was 1.3 not 1.6 however the income tax is massively different..

117k @ 27.5% tax in Brazil = £85k take home

130k @ 50% tax in England = £65k take home

He's still better off in Brazil

Sounds like Ronaldinho's people are using the Rovers contract offer to dangle in front of Brazilian clubs...

Interesting.

So, maybe he is money-motivated.

;)

Think the problem is he has his heart set on Brazil, but I guess unless they can come up with the coffers, who know's. I just have a feeling this one still has more twists than a turkey twizzler.

Archived