BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

The most recent quotes on this whole subject are about to come out from the chairlady, good old Mrs D.

The people who are hunting for old quotes and half-baked denial stories really want to get a grip. Most of the denial stuff os in the local paper who, shall we say, misread the situation.

Wonder how The Sun feel about describing the attempt as 'ludicrous'?

I dont know how they misread the situation when Brother Venky said they are not interested. He clearly misled the paper.

PS. Only one winner here, and thats Milan. Getting 8 million Euros (exactly what they had asked for) from us for someone whose contract is up in June.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most recent quotes on this whole subject are about to come out from the chairlady, good old Mrs D.

The people who are hunting for old quotes and half-baked denial stories really want to get a grip. Most of the denial stuff os in the local paper who, shall we say, misread the situation.

Wonder how The Sun feel about describing the attempt as 'ludicrous'?

I hope they are squirming right now. Perhaps tomorrows headline in The Sun will contain a shred of truth, but I wont hold my breath.They have never let facts get in the way of a good story. I hate that rag.

I'd love it if it happened. There's probably not a better viable marketing tool on world football for them. They want to break into south America with their other business. What better than having one of the most recognisable faces in world football in a rovers shirt with venkys on the front of it. I'm certainly guessing they'll be our shirt sponsor from next season.

I dont know how they misread the situation when Brother Venky said they are not interested. He clearly misled the paper.

PS. Only one winner here, and thats Milan. Getting 8 million Euros (exactly what they had asked for) from us for someone whose contract is up in June.

I believe they described it as a publicity stunt from the off and were happy to put the boot in...no?

Anyway, who cares about that mob.

The 'bid' to Milan may be a bit of confusion too...it is very elaborate.

However - got to say - there is an awful long way for this to go before it is done.

They probably still think it is and unless we actually sign him they haven't got anything to retract. They said us trying to get him was ludicrous, not that your story was ludicrous.....

There is no way you can describe a bid for Ronaldinho as ludicrous.

Sorry.

It's a lack of respect.

You might not think it is going to happen - and I am not holding my breath - but genuine and lengthy attempts have been made.

And clearly still are.

Reminds me of laughing at Manchester City when they bought De Jong for £14mish when he had 6 months left on his contract.

From Venkys dont you mean.

The guy on TalkSport whilst talking about Ronnie said "I bet there are a lot of football fans out there who can't name five Rovers players and now they might get Ronaldinho"...

The Premier League should turn their back on that station for that comment. A founder member, one of only 4 teams to win it, and in their tenth successive season as a Premier League club. FFS!!!!!

Any Brazilians playing in the Manchester area? Fabio, Rafael, & Lucas (Liverpool) and I cant see them partying with Ronnie. If we were based in London, it may have tempted him. But there is no way he will trade in sun and beach along with some samba in exchange for North West weather.

Reminds me of laughing at Manchester City when they bought De Jong for £14mish when he had 6 months left on his contract.

These things are never quite what they seem.

It is possible - stress this is a theory - that AC Milan have to be paid and then settle up Ronaldinho out of the fee to 'sweeten' his departure.

Could be tax reasons, image right issues.

Who knows?

The figure Mrs D told Sky does sound awfully similar to the size of Ronaldinho's personal terms...perhaps there is some confusion.

It wouldn't be the first time, to be fair.

These things are never quite what they seem.

It is possible - stress this is a theory - that AC Milan have to be paid and then settle up Ronaldinho out of the fee to 'sweeten' his departure.

Could be tax reasons, image right issues.

Who knows?

The figure Mrs D told Sky does sound awfully similar to the size of Ronaldinho's personal terms...perhaps there is some confusion.

It wouldn't be the first time, to be fair.

Was just thinking that myself. :wacko:

There is no way you can describe a bid for Ronaldinho as ludicrous.

Sorry.

It's a lack of respect.

You might not think it is going to happen - and I am not holding my breath - but genuine and lengthy attempts have been made.

And clearly still are.

I would describe us bidding for Messi for example as ludicrous in the sense he would never come here and I think the Sun are applying a similar logic.

I agree with you on this nicko, in the context (Milan want rid, we have new owners that want to impress, we have a bettter league than our competitors in this signing, his age etc) it is not ludicrous and the Guardian's use of "audacious" was a better fit.

I also print screened the Sun's report just in case we do get Ronnie so trust me, I'm not on the Sun's side here. I'd love to see that report look stupid...I just don't think it does right now unless we actually sign him because they'll just say "we told you you wouldn't get him"

Sidwell doesnt sound like the kind of quality name Kean was on about. But not the worst signing. Definitely better than the current defensive midfielders.

Brazilian media just reporting that Flamengo have offered him 8 million pounds a year for a 2 and a half year contract. Its higher than Milan pay him.

Archived