BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Are you completely insane? Ronaldinho makes Benny Mac look slim and a non stop box to box player. Surely it's obvious that our priority is for a defensive midfielder first?

Ronaldinho is just another global name to follow those of Maradona and Beckham that provides something else for the sacred cow to swank about. It's so embarrassing. Our club is being dragged through the mud and subjected to widespread ridicule good and proper.

Not sure he's the insane one....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you completely insane? Ronaldinho makes Benny Mac look slim and a non stop box to box player. Surely it's obvious that our priority is for a defensive midfielder first?

Ronaldinho is just another global name to follow those of Maradona and Beckham that provides something else for the sacred cow to swank about. It's so embarrassing. Our club is being dragged through the mud and subjected to widespread ridicule good and proper.

Why does your churlish arrival on the scene not surprise me. You need to go and have a beer with Philip,Mr E,Jal and one or two others...boy I bet that would be a right barrel of laughs!!

Lighten up a bit for God's sake!!!

So just to clarify, you don't want to see Ronaldinho at the club?

They are not used to being LIED to. You wouldnt expect the club owners to straight up play you when you are the local paper do you?

The best journalists work underground not overground,if they did that they wouldn't have to worry about getting lied to.

If you're ringing a clubs press officer every 10 minutes your not going to get anywhere fast.

I'm not being nasty thats just how it go's.

Id say we need a creative midfielder/attacker just as much as a DM. Even with the squad fully fit there is no creativity. Ronaldinho is an answer to that.

The difference between Maradona/Beckham is that there has been work done on this, a bid has been put in and somehow it looks like we stand a slim chance. This is the ambition so many have been screaming for over the past 4/5 years and now its here many people are attacking Venky's for it.

This isnt a publicity stunt, its a genuine effort. I give them credit for that, but there is a whole lot more to do before things start to turn around.

We've gone from not even being able to afford the wages of newcomers to bidding for one of the most famous footballers on the planet!

And you expect people not to get excited?!?!

Gremio struggling to come up with the fee for his wages as somebody else stated earlier on in the thread...

Also, i have read that Palmeiras are struggling aswell due to them wanting a Japanese company to fund half or more of his wages, but their current sponsor (Fiat I think) will not allow a 3rd party to have a sponsor on the shirt meaning that they are aswell struggling to pay his wages...

Which means it looks like it could be between us and Flamengo? That is providing that nobody else is in for him at the moment.

This is all making me get too exctied!! AAHHHH!! :rover:

I find this very interesting:

RONALDINHO TO SIGN FOR IN JAN TRANSFER WINDOW

Join By End Of January Transfer Window

Gremio 6/4

Blackburn 3/1

Flamengo 9/2

Palmeiras 9/2

Liverpool 12/1

Man Utd 14/1

Arsenal 16/1

Chelsea 20/1

I've heard that the Gremio deal is all but dead. If that is true, we are being ranked as favourites? Also the fact that it is 3/1 that he will join Blackburn Rovers, brilliant.

The most recent quotes on this whole subject are about to come out from the chairlady, good old Mrs D.

The people who are hunting for old quotes and half-baked denial stories really want to get a grip. Most of the denial stuff os in the local paper who, shall we say, misread the situation.

Wonder how The Sun feel about describing the attempt as 'ludicrous'?

Even read some snarky comment off Sid Lowe's twitter.

Sid Lowe, twitter.... funny that, uh?

That Twitter account has existed for less than a day and only has 14 tweets. Set up by a "fan" who read that Venkys broke the Ronaldinho story on Twitter/Facebook, I reckon.

There has to be a possibility it is false but they took VenkysIndia down from Twitter this morning Indian time after the Venkatesh interview.

Come on, you know it was your accent that made the diference lol

It has diferent expressions but it is still easy to understand

off topic but mildly amusing -

I do find that Portguese are very good at being multi lingual, i mean the spanish next door to where i lived in Portugal could not talk or understand a single word of Portuguese, but the Portuguese locals could understand and communicate with the Spanish fine, i bet the same is said for brazil where many of my portuguese friends used to holiday as it was the one place they felt rich compared to the locals hehe

As for my accent, even the word for milk was different!

That said, my lad won a compo to be the match mascot at the Manchester City away game, in my best Spanish i spoke to Michel salgado just saying "hello, how are you etc" and he came back with "your Spanish is awful hehe" (this was before i had seen/heard him on tv and realised his english was a lot better than my Spanish).

Gremio struggling to come up with the fee for his wages as somebody else stated earlier on in the thread...

Also, i have read that Palmeiras are struggling aswell due to them wanting a Japanese company to fund half or more of his wages, but their current sponsor (Fiat I think) will not allow a 3rd party to have a sponsor on the shirt meaning that they are aswell struggling to pay his wages...

Which means it looks like it could be between us and Flamengo? That is providing that nobody else is in for him at the moment.

This is all making me get too exctied!! AAHHHH!! :rover:

There is one other that could cause us problems but they'll not match us financially. They are not from Brazil or England or anywhere in Europe for that matter.

He looks pretty good to me, a couple of pics taken during the off season are no reason not to sign him.

How long before she's on here asking for an 11 o'clocker?

I think that's why they are all twittering so much. Mr Nicko has to be stuffed.

It must be four in the morning over there when the 11 o'clockers go out.

So I suppose the 'Venky's' latest alleged statement is, in fact, an 11 o'clocker in Pune.

I find this very interesting:

RONALDINHO TO SIGN FOR IN JAN TRANSFER WINDOW

Join By End Of January Transfer Window

Gremio 6/4

Blackburn 3/1

Flamengo 9/2

Palmeiras 9/2

Liverpool 12/1

Man Utd 14/1

Arsenal 16/1

Chelsea 20/1

I've heard that the Gremio deal is all but dead. If that is true, we are being ranked as favourites? Also the fact that it is 3/1 that he will join Blackburn Rovers, brilliant.

Why do people think that betting odds and statistical probability are the same thing?

Why do people think that betting odds and statistical probability are the same thing?

There's also a lot of people that realise that they aren't related.

You can't deny it's exciting looking at those odds though.

• Moderation Lead

How could anyone not be excited by the prospect of Ronaldinho signing for BRFC? One of the best players (if not of all time, certainly recent memory)- when we are desparately devoid of creativity in midfield.

The negativity of some Rovers fans is frankly, baffling.

How could anyone not be excited by the prospect of Ronaldinho signing for BRFC? One of the best players (if not of all time, certainly recent memory)- when we are desparately devoid of creativity in midfield.

The negativity of some Rovers fans is frankly, baffling.

If the cost is being funded personally by the brothers then I am on board, if not and we did go down the consequences don't bare thniking about.

off topic but mildly amusing -

I do find that Portguese are very good at being multi lingual, i mean the spanish next door to where i lived in Portugal could not talk or understand a single word of Portuguese, but the Portuguese locals could understand and communicate with the Spanish fine, i bet the same is said for brazil where many of my portuguese friends used to holiday as it was the one place they felt rich compared to the locals hehe

As for my accent, even the word for milk was different!

There are two big reasons for that:

Portuguese people make an effort to understand everyone, even if it's a completely diferent language. Spanish people don't make an effort to understand any other language(except the one from Galiza, their language (galego) is closer to portuguese than to spanish).

In Portugal we are more in contact with other language. In Spain, all films are in Spanish and all TV is in spanish too. It is hard to find a program in the native language.

Archived