BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

I think the http://twitter.com/#!/VenkyLondonPLC/ is real. their tweets look professional although some of the english is a bit weird, but that's twitter+indians i guess. :)

They say no news untill things are confirmed.

Still not running on Western rules, you can't ask for privacy...

We did confirm information as was released and now we would appreciate privacy and will comment further when information is confirmed

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the http://twitter.com/#!/VenkyLondonPLC/ is real. their tweets look professional although some of the english is a bit weird, but that's twitter+indians i guess. :)

They say no news untill things are confirmed.

They've also mentioned negotiating with Mr Belokon (Blackpool President I think.

Edit: Beat me to it!

Still not running on Western rules, you can't ask for privacy...

I don't find that too strange though. It is not common for clubs to go out and talk about transfers too much before there is a deal.

Another thing. What was that you said about looking at houses??

Good old Hughesy---------"they are not very good at media messages". How difficult is it for them not to say one thing one day and then a completely different thing the next?

Stop trolling!

Is it not clear it came out when it should have, so they tried to keep it quiet, however it didnt work so they have now gone public?

Doesnt take a masters to work that one out either! :rolleyes:

I don't find that too strange though. It is not common for clubs to go out and talk about transfers too much before there is a deal.

Another thing. What was that you said about looking at houses??

Just a silly rumour I heard...

yeah was discussed earlier, I'm pretty sure this is not official, but who knows with the crazy Venkys army

It feels official with the info, the Arabic writing and the posts about venkys new ventures in different countries.

But the I feel the hig doubt when all the posts are from an iPhone tweet.

Even though I'm ridiculously excited about the, rather slim, prospect of Ronaldinho in Blackburn, the pessimist in me can't help but wonder if this is going to scupper negotiations for other targets... the more money we show and the more contradictory the statements we make the more we seem like an easy target for clubs to inflate prices and agents to inflate fees.

It feels official with the info, the Arabic writing and the posts about venkys new ventures in different countries.

It's not Arabic. Can't say much beyond that but I would think one form or another of Hindi.

They really don't look at all alike.

Even though I'm ridiculously excited about the, rather slim, prospect of Ronaldinho in Blackburn, the pessimist in me can't help but wonder if this is going to scupper negotiations for other targets... the more money we show and the more contradictory the statements we make the more we seem like an easy target for clubs to inflate prices and agents to inflate fees.

That is bound to happen anyway if we are going to sign players that will take us to the top 5. There is no cheap way to get there.

Why would a chicken company need twitter? :wacko:

Most companies use Twitter and Facebook these days, its used as a marketing tool, and it costs absolutely nothing. Check the Vekys website,there is a link to their FB page and their twitter page. Get with the times

Are you completely insane? Ronaldinho makes Benny Mac look slim and a non stop box to box player. Surely it's obvious that our priority is for a defensive midfielder first?

Ronaldinho is just another global name to follow those of Maradona and Beckham that provides something else for the sacred cow to swank about. It's so embarrassing. Our club is being dragged through the mud and subjected to widespread ridicule good and proper.

Are you completely insane? Ronaldinho makes Benny Mac look slim and a non stop box to box player. Surely it's obvious that our priority is for a defensive midfielder first?

Ronaldinho is just another global name to follow those of Maradona and Beckham that provides something else for the sacred cow to swank about. It's so embarrassing. Our club is being dragged through the mud and subjected to widespread ridicule good and proper.

Blimey Gordon, you don't really do yourself any favours posting in that sort of vein.

As regards your other point, no-one is saying we don't need other players as well, but if it was a choice between a decent striker and a decent defensive midfilder or a decent striker, decent defensive midfielder AND a luxury marquis signing to raise our profile like Ronaldinho, surely anyone would take the latter.

So funny watching a load of spotty faced youths getting excited over a has-been footballer who won't be joining us anyway.

Trying to see how many times you have to repeat yourself before everyone decides you must be right and agrees with you? Or just how many different ways you can word the exact same thing?

Archived