BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope it never comes to light my friend. I think if Ronnie signs then it won't.

Should have explained that. I was just sent that message, if there really is any real update, Nicko will have had it before me.

Ok Nicko there is your invite, now is a good time for the update. No fowl-er jokes either

News from Brazil: Palmeiras president had talks with Assis but he claims that nothing has been decided yet and it will take a while.

" We need to understand this case, it's a big negotiation, with a battle between 3 clubs from Brazil and others from abroad"

The reporter than asked how Palmeiras plan to pay him, since they have recurrent problems with players salaries.

He said that all has been worked out since June, planning a financial engineering and bringing in new sponsors due to Ronaldinho's presence.

If we sign him i'd go down, i'd pay to watch him bloody warm up.

This is a Brazilian superstar folks, who has been there and done it at the top levels for both club and country. He's still 30, he has more tricks than the artful dodger and is still jinking past people to this day. Currently playing at AC Milan so quite clearly is still at a very good European side.

If you ain't even a tiny bit excited by this in someway, then you've got problems.

A full interview with Mrs Desai about rovers and our bid for Ronaldinho on Sky Sports news from 6am in the morning. Expect alot of rovers fans will be watching that. :)

And i don't know if this has been posting before, sorry if it has been!

Another interview....!

Although it gives us something to talk about on here, the majority of the interviews with the owners have just made then/the club look a bit clueless. Time to keep quiet a bit??

This is exactly it. How could this not be a positive signing for Rovers. So what if he doesn't hit the hights of his Barcelona days. He is a billion times better than what we have. I know i have been saying Dunn is past it but that is becuase of his injuries and not his age. I hope everyone who has been supporting Dunn and sticking up for his performances aren't classin Ronaldinho as past it. Ronaldinho would be a great signing and would increase the profile of the club countless times over. The man IS a global brand.

To dare is to dream.

And a club near to us had that splattered all over their cars last season :unsure:

Another interview....!

Although it gives us something to talk about on here, the majority of the interviews with the owners have just made then/the club look a bit clueless. Time to keep quiet a bit??

To be fair Mrs. Desai have usually been good in interview. It's the brothers that are making a mess.

The figure Mrs D told Sky does sound awfully similar to the size of Ronaldinho's personal terms...perhaps there is some confusion.

There is always confusion. The tails wagging but the head doesn't know about it.

I just wish they would delete twitter, facebook, etc. Go a week without doing an interview (mind you a day would be amazing) and get 1 person to do interviews, don't have 2 or 3 people with conflicting information. 1 person, 1 version of events and don't disclose transfer deals until they are done.

Signing Ronaldinho, plus several other decent premiership standard players would signal the influx of new players this team has been crying out for.

Need to be very careful of changing too much too quickly. Transition is good, putting 6 or 7 new players into a team doesn't work for good performances overnight. We do need change especially in midfield and attack though.

bloody hell. Can't take any more of this. Chairlady says we bidded for him and her brother V.Rao says we haven't. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Part of the problem may be their use of English. As a second language, they may not grasp the nuances. For example, their use of the phrase "there is no bid/interest/etc" may be interpreted by them as a correct statememnt of current posture, but does not exclude either past bids or contemplated future bids.

I'd love it if it happened. There's probably not a better viable marketing tool on world football for them. They want to break into south America with their other business. What better than having one of the most recognisable faces in world football in a rovers shirt with venkys on the front of it. I'm certainly guessing they'll be our shirt sponsor from next season.

I think this is virtually guaranteed. "VENKYS" will be plastered on every Rovers shirt next season. I only hope that the design is tasteful, though the current Crown Paints will be easily improved upon.

You might not think it is going to happen - and I am not holding my breath - but genuine and lengthy attempts have been made.

And clearly still are.

And this is reassuring. Despite all the gaffs, if they can pull off a marque signing and obtain other players to improve the squad then their deeds, far more than their error prone words, will establish their good intent in regards to the Rovers.

Now Honda, he would be a great signing and he would sell enough shirts in Japan to possibly cover his fee. If we work it right, the Japanese market could be penetrated. Not a bad player too either! :rover:

Honda would be good. On the other hand, I can think of a lot better ways to strengthen the squad with 15 million and would Honda be necessary for marketing if they get Ronaldinho?

And just how integrated is the Indian and Japanese markets?

How come nobody is slagging off the new owners anymore?

Because, at least temporarily, they've given us hope that we are not circling the drain. If they pull off Ronaldinho and 2-4 other solid signings, the odds are actually quite good that we will be going up the table, not down.

And despite my ire with their amateurish antics, if they do what they say they want to do, then they deserve full credit. And I will definetly buy a Ronaldinho Rovers' shirt. Which is good, as I'm debating between Kalinic and Jones at the moment.

RONALDINHO...there should be a piece about how it would work in the Mirror tomorrow...the deal would be a major money-spinner...it wouldn't pay for itself, but it would claw back a lot of cash as well as create interest...every reason to believe it is still alive, although it does seem a bit hard to take in...the fact his brother/agent is finding out there isn't big money in Brazil is helpful...intrigued that Mrs D should be explaining more in the morning....worth hearing...she knows best on this one.

Surprise, surprise time...

ROQUE SANTA CRUZ...talks have begun with Man City for a loan...not my cup of tea, but there you go...Steve Kean thinks he could get a tune out of him...and efforts are being made...Roque would come on loan, so it's just down to how much of the wages are paid...this is shaping up as the 'other' Premier League loan...not for me, but I will leave it to the experts.

BA...unbelievably messy...the guy has fallen out with his club but the price is hefty...Rovers are watching...but I think Roque is more likely as we speak.

ADAM...spooked me when Venky's twitter account came out with that....there is due to be an offer to Blackpool...he is deffo a priority...Kean wanted him, as said before, and fancied him as much if not more than Sam when he was being considered a few weeks ago...Blackpool will be hard to deal with...don't blame them.

So those are the main runners and riders.

Who knows what tomorrow brings, but I think Roque and Adam are the two that the manager describes as close.

Ronaldinho is a separate 'project.'

Amazing.

RONALDINHO...there should be a piece about how it would work in the Mirror tomorrow...the deal would be a major money-spinner...it wouldn't pay for itself, but it would claw back a lot of cash as well as create interest...every reason to believe it is still alive, although it does seem a bit hard to take in...the fact his brother/agent is finding out there isn't big money in Brazil is helpful...intrigued that Mrs D should be explaining more in the morning....worth hearing...she knows best on this one.

ROQUE SANTA CRUZ...talks have begun with Man City for a loan...not my cup of tea, but there you go...Steve Kean thinks he could get a tune out of him...and efforts are being made...Roque would come on loan, so it's just down to how much of the wages are paid...this is shaping up as the 'other' Premier League loan...not for me, but I will leave it to the experts.

Amazing.

Yep.Amazing.

Ronaldinho still on.

RSC out of nowhere.

Cheers Nicko

BA...unbelievably messy...the guy has fallen out with his club but the price is hefty...Rovers are watching...but I think Roque is more likely as we speak.

ADAM...spooked me when Venky's twitter account came out with that....there is due to be an offer to Blackpool...he is deffo a priority...Kean wanted him, as said before, and fancied him as much if not more than Sam when he was being considered a few weeks ago...Blackpool will be hard to deal with...don't blame them.

Who knows what tomorrow brings, but I think Roque and Adam are the two that the manager describes as close.

Amazing.

Well at a pound a letter I know who's name I'll be having on my shirt... ;)

Amazing.

Thanks for the update Nicko, always appreciated. Just wondering if you know who the players on the list are?

nicko, i know people might have asked this before but what does ur heart say? (or ur head?) do u think it will happen and how long do u think it will take for ronaldinho to come to a desision?

It's Ronaldinho's head and heart that matter. Venky's clearly want to do something huge, so their wallets count too.

I thought it was a long shot when I heard, but I am beginning to wonder.

If you asked me to stake my last fiver on it I would say something will go wrong.

If that is the case - I just hope it gets sorted quickly.

The manager's list is THE priority. You need to sign three or four players.

If you get a cherry on top like Ronaldinho that would be spectacular.

If you don't get the rest of the cake too then it would be daft - and dangerous.

Archived