BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree - Pedersen has been awful for us.

Apart from being loyal, a very decent player who is super fit, a model professional, a pin up in Norway, a well known name in international football and:

P258 G42 A56 (contributed 98 goals to our team)

Spot on, a genuinely top professional.

based solely on comments and conjecture on this board i'm thinking 20% chance at best can't not see spuds jumping in if he looks remotely like coming to england even chelsea to kickstart they're season, in fact i could still see united going for him if they are willing to pay garbage like o'shea 80k it would'nt seem unrealistic to go for a 30 year old ronnie on 120k.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already ruled out signing anyone this transfer window - Rules United out

Would Tottenham match or pay higher than our allegedly 130K a week? Especially as they already have numerous attacking mid-fielders. Would seem a waste of money if anything - Which i would think rules them out..

The only team as you say that may come in for them may be Chelsea or even Mancherster City - both teams have money to burn...

I agree - Pedersen has been awful for us.

Apart from being loyal, a very decent player who is super fit, a model professional, a pin up in Norway, a well known name in international football and:

P258 G42 A56 (contributed 98 goals to our team)

You forgot to mention that he was boyband member too, it's like having Shane from Westlife running up the wing

Going off what i've heard from various sources and the media i would say this is the list of who is in the best position to sign him at this current moment and who has the best chance

1. Palmeiras

2. Rovers

3. Gremio/Flamengo

4. Chelsea/Man City/ L.A Galaxy....

But as i say this is going off what i've heard...

The fact that we are even able to offer wages in the Ronaldinho bracket surely shows that Venky's has some serious financial muscle (if indeed it is true that this bid is being funded by the brothers personal wealth). It's all a bit surreal ... the fact we even have a chance to sign him, considering the last few years under the Trust, is astonishing.

For what it's worth, if we have that kind of money I still think it could be spent more wisely. However, if he does sign I'm certainly not going to complain.

Have you not read the small print. The request for all rovers supporters to buy at least two whole chickens this week. Money is required to fund a wage bill.

Going off what i've heard from various sources and the media i would say this is the list of who is in the best position to sign him at this current moment and who has the best chance

1. Palmeiras

2. Rovers

3. Gremio/Flamengo

4. Chelsea/Man City/ L.A Galaxy....

But as i say this is going off what i've heard...

I think we've all heard that ;)

The rules still apply.

But what will they actually mean in practice? BBC Sport explains the key points of the new system:

- Clubs register a squad of up to 25 players, which must include at least eight 'home-grown' players, at the end of each transfer window.

- Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

- Clubs can supplement squad with unlimited number of players under the age of 21.

- Changes can be made only during transfer windows, although in exceptional circumstances (eg goalkeeping injury crisis) moves could be allowed.

So while the 25 man squad rule is in place, the reality is it doesn't mean much until 1 Feb, when the final list for the second half of the season has to be submitted. If we sign Ronaldinho we can take whoever we like out, for example.

Archived