BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

So I guess the third option is that Venkys themselves are lying and making themselves look like clowns. The phrase" publicity stunt" gets used often, but I don't see how in any way shape or form the fact that Venkys will have proven themselves to be liars would generate a positive interest towards their company. Who is the individual that is going to go "Hmm well Venkys made a bit for Ronalhinho, but then they said that was total rubbish, and then it turned out they were lying once more...what a great company, let me go buy their products!" ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why say we would increase the offer if needed though? Naive. You wouldnt do that in any business, let alone football. And these guys are supposed to be business people. :glare:

Thats what I said earlier, can not understand that at all. Slightly worrying, but maybe they just have more money than sense and dont care. I believe they are used to throwing as much money as it takes to get what they want.

OFF TOPIC: I can't stand the complete lack of repsect our club recieves left right and centre. Ray Parlour giving it the whole "he's past it and it's a complete joke" etc. Zidane went to Real Madrid at a similar time in his career? So too did Figo. I think it would be the greatest (biggest) signing in the history of the club.

Exactly. He's only 30, and he was sensational last season. He'd be a fantastic signing. Parlour is a (naughty wordy) anyway.

People laughed at City and they managed to get Kaka into Manchester for talks. I dread the way we will be talked about at the end of this saga.

Cause lets be honest, its a long-shot. Probably 100-1 that he would come here.

I have to agree - it is a very long shot that we could get him - but wow what a signal of intent it would be. Not been as excited about a transfer window since the early Jack Walker EPL days. Lets hope it doesn't turn out to be a let down - pointless having a player like Ronnie without a decent defensive midfield player. At least we now know why the senior players received the Venky "plans" with enthusiasm.

OFF TOPIC: I can't stand the complete lack of repsect our club recieves left right and centre. Ray Parlour giving it the whole "he's past it and it's a complete joke" etc. Zidane went to Real Madrid at a similar time in his career? So too did Figo. I think it would be the greatest (biggest) signing in the history of the club.

Lovejoy moment: "It's only Ray Parlour."

I wouldn't have thought Juve could pay him what we're reportedly going to.

Gremino sounds the best bet to me, pull of his homeland and home town team, no brainer, or is it.

That was referring to Juve bidding for Ivan Rakitic, not Ronnie.

Why say we would increase the offer if needed though? Naive. You wouldnt do that in any business, let alone football. And these guys are supposed to be business people. :glare:

My take on it is this "bid" is the contract offer. They wouldn't be stupid enough to announce they'd pay more for Ron but do I think they'd let Ron know they'll do anything to sign him including more money? Yes. I know it's wacky though.

I just emailed TS to ask why they have been championing Beckham to Spurs all day to then go and call our bid for Ronnie as "ridiculous"...I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

Thanks. Very interesting stuff on there

If that is a fake page, they are going to an awful lot of effort to post tweets in two different languages.

I hope this little episode has taught you all a valuable lesson. Nicko knows what he is talking about. I'm confident that you can disregard anything the LET say, unless they hire me ;).

On Sunday night I was told that if anything goes wrong then there will be a denial. I find it very interesting that after talks in Brazil, Venkys are suddenly happy to discuss the story again...

Watch this space.

Adams and Mr.Ronaldinho would certainly add the creativity required!

God please make the latter happen.

Are you completely insane? Ronaldinho makes Benny Mac look slim and a non stop box to box player. Surely it's obvious that our priority is for a defensive midfielder first?

Ronaldinho is just another global name to follow those of Maradona and Beckham that provides something else for the sacred cow to swank about. It's so embarrassing. Our club is being dragged through the mud and subjected to widespread ridicule good and proper.

I'd say that Twitter page looks genuine- the language is in the style of Perfect Relations!

VenkyLondonPLC Venky's London PLC

We can confirm the transfer of Ronaldinho on we are in discussions with AC Milan have made a formal offer €7million

40 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

हम यह पुष्टि कर सकते हैं हम रोनाल्डिन्हो के स्थानांतरण पर एसी मिलान के साथ विचार विमर्श में हैं और एक औपचारिक प्रस्ताव बनाया है

41 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

We deal with Mr Belokon the moment and expect to announce this week to signed Mr Adam

5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

हम पल और से निपटने की घोषणा की उम्मीद में Mr Belokon से बात करने के लिए इस सप्ताह Mr Adam पर हस्ताक्षर

5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

However, tweeting ongoing transfer negotiations is a bit odd and as all this is apparently news to everyone at Ewood, I wonder who is talking to Blackpool on behalf of Rovers?

Are you completely insane? Ronaldinho makes Benny Mac look slim and a non stop box to box player. Surely it's obvious that our priority is for a defensive midfielder first?

Ronaldinho is just another global name to follow those of Maradona and Beckham that provides something else for the sacred cow to swank about. It's so embarrassing. Our club is being dragged through the mud and subjected to widespread ridicule good and proper.

Oh come on Gord, the thought of Ronaldinho in Blue and White halves is exciting though isn't it? 30 years old and judging by the stats he is yet to have a bad season at the top of European football.

Archived