BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So funny watching a load of spotty faced youths getting excited over a has-been footballer who won't be joining us anyway.

A top post again, obviously so much thought and wit has been put into it. I'm 28, and last time I checked I didnt have a spotty face, and yes I am excited about the prospect that Ronaldinho MIGHT sign for Blackburn Rovers.

Said it before and will say it again <_< this signing will never happen but the name of Venky's is plastered over the sports websites/pages again.

All publicity is good publicity.

If you had any idea of what was going on behind the scenes, you would realise that this is far from a publicity stunt.

Absolutely I'm with you and Philip, Jim and a few others who can see through this b*llocks. He's past it would only come for the money and is purely a publicity stunt for the chicken farmers - but hey thats what our club has become. How does he fit in with the managers plans how exactly will he link up with the genius that is Benjani?

Wise up guys.

Absolutely I'm with you and Philip, Jim and a few others who can see through this b*llocks. He's past it would only come for the money and is purely a publicity stunt for the chicken farmers - but hey thats what our club has become. How does he fit in with the managers plans how exactly will he link up with the genius that is Benjani?

Wise up guys.

A few people are saying he's past it, but there is no evidence of this.

Granted, he's not the best player in the world as he used to be, but his figures have stayed at an impressively high level throughout his career, and remain to do so.

I can't help but think that saying "Ronaldinho will never join. It is stupid" are just saying so because they are scared out of their pants of the prospect of actually getting excited, and then find out they are wrong.

My ex girlfriend was like that, and it was a true nightmare. So what if Ronaldinho doesn't sign? At least we are trying.

If you had any idea of what was going on behind the scenes, you would realise that this is far from a publicity stunt.

Classic, actually you'd be surprised. Anyway just for the rest of us who aren't in the Venky's circle of knowledge could you spill the beans?

jim wants the club to fail?

Who in there right mind wouldn't find even getting this far along with the chance of signing Ronaldinho an exciting sign of intent?

How can it be called a 'publicity stunt' when the chair comes out and says a bid has been lodged?

What else do they have to do to suggest otherwise?

I certainly don't want the club to fail and I think there is a very real chance of the transfer of Ronaldhino to Rovers happening.

I was aware that there was a high probability that one of the Rao brothers was going to deny the transfer in public last night which is why I posted the warning that the mood might change 30 minutes before the Sun's article appeared.

The issue as I see it is what sort of a screwed up mess of a club is Ronaldinho going to be joining?

There is track record of EPL clubs going down with their superstar signings on board- ask Steve Gibson and Boro were well managed compared with what is going on in whatever/wherever currently passes for the locus of control at Rovers at present.

Off topic but is there still a low graphics version of the messageboard available? I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of traffic over the next few hours and I'd like to do my part to lighten the load as much as I can while everyone is hitting refresh... :)

Im on. My phone

how exactly will he link up with the genius that is Benjani?

Is it Ronaldinho's fault we are lumbered with the useless mercenary that is Benjani until the end of the season?

Jeez.

Surely the whole point is that the days of having to look at those sort of desperation signings are behind us.

Who in there right mind wouldn't find even getting this far along with the chance of signing Ronaldinho an exciting sign of intent?

How can it be called a 'publicity stunt' when the chair comes out and says a bid has been lodged?

What else do they have to do to suggest otherwise?

Sam,

The people posting 'This is going to fail' are merely playing the percentages.

The fact is that even if he had the contract in front of him, pen in hand, sat in the Ewood boardroom, it would still be considered an unlikely deal. This would be an unbelievable deal for the club. Jim and the others are just allowing themselves the chance to make the disappointment of their fellow fans even worse if this doesn't happen. Sad really.

I certainly don't want the club to fail and I think there is a very real chance of the transfer of Ronaldhino to Rovers happening.

I was aware that there was a high probability that one of the Rao brothers was going to deny the transfer in public last night which is why I posted the warning that the mood might change 30 minutes before the Sun's article appeared.

The issue as I see it is what sort of a screwed up mess of a club is Ronaldinho going to be joining?

There is track record of EPL clubs going down with their superstar signings on board- ask Steve Gibson and Boro were well managed compared with what is going on in whatever/wherever currently passes for the locus of control at Rovers at present.

344 users reading this topic, surely must be some kind of record?

And this is just the interest this has caused on a message board, imagine the impact it would make if he signed. We would sell out every home game, shirt sales are going to pay off the deal alone.

Archived