Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are what the 2 LET reporters have said

http://twitter.com/#!/PaulPlunkettLT

http://twitter.com/#!/CryerRovers

When I read the LT article this morning I got the impression that the LT were no longer particularly in the loop and that the owners weren't being particularly forthcoming with the LT about what was going on.

Then again if I was the Rao's I wouldn't particularly feel like doing the LT any favours at the moment following their extremely outspoken criticism of the owners following the sacking of Allardyce and recent events.

• Backroom

So no central midfielder that can actually tackle then. Worrying.

A creative player has been the prioty in our midfield for years, we have spoilers in Grella and Nzonzi and maybe even Goulon, one of the three should be fit soon, imagine one of them doing the leg work behind Adam and Ronaldinho.

It will never happen but this window already has been more fun than the last few and has put a smile on my (young and spotty according to Jim) face.

The manager's list is THE priority. You need to sign three or four players.

If you get a cherry on top like Ronaldinho that would be spectacular.

If you don't get the rest of the cake too then it would be daft - and dangerous.

Nicko, you mentioned we were looking at someone else instead of thr Romeu kid. Are we likely to see a holding midfielder brought in?

Nicko - Ba too expensive? Surely that is just a "cannot be bothered writing it is complicated" comment?

Perhaps it should read "too expensive for whats on offer"

So Adam, Santa Cruz and an attempt for Ronaldinho....not a bad start

Much better than the Benjani's & Andrews of this world.

-----Robbo-----

Givet-Nelsen-Samba-Salgado

MGP-Adam-Hoillett

Kalinic-RSC-Ronnie

Not too shabby.

Dont let the back four see that midfield, they will ave a heart attack, would need at least one ball winner in there i'm afraid, but still a good attacking team, we can but dream my friend

Roque on loan - would be a great signing IF he stays fit.

Adam - would be a great signing imo.

Ronaldinho - would be a sensational signing in terms of raising our profile. On the pitch he might be unbelievable or unbelieveably bad.

Hope all three happen.

Just a thought, that list looks remarkably similar to Sam's rumoured list of targets.

So much for Kentaro/SEM/big boogyman Jerome Anderson dictating our transfer targets.

I thought Sam left because Venkys wanted a 'Yes Man?' Seems like the manager is pulling most the strings in this window. Funnily enough, it seems his targets are very similar to Allardyce's.

I think he left because he was sacked.

Roque on loan - would be a great signing IF he stays fit.

Adam - would be a great signing imo.

Ronaldinho - would be a sensational signing in terms of raising our profile. On the pitch he might be unbelievable or unbelieveably bad.

Hope all three happen.

Just a thought, that list looks remarkably similar to Sam's rumoured list of targets.

So much for Kentaro/SEM/big boogyman Jerome Anderson dictating our transfer targets.

Well it seems pretty clear to me that it must have been Sam who wanted Boyd & Geovanni all along then. ;)

I think he left because he was sacked.

And you can maybe start to see the owner's thinking.

"Ronnie, wait till Robbo launches the ball onto their penalty spot then see if you can get on the end of big Chris's knockdowns."

Not happening is it?

"Ronnie, wait till Robbo launches the ball onto their penalty spot then see if you can get on the end of big Chris's knockdowns."

Not happening is it?

That's not exactly fair when Sam's successfully managed Anelka, Djorkaeff, Okocha and players like Salgado and Hierro who spent their careers at Real Madrid.

Sam's tactics were like that because we were playing to our strengths under him.

Will be delighted with the owners if this comes off but they did sack a manager who had built a reputation for resurrecting the careers of fading superstars.

Not happening is it?

Exactly BFS didnt fit into the style of football they wanted at the club. I think this however conversation is not related to this topic.

Archived