BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ronaldinho

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Sleep is indeed hard to come by. Please let it not be for nothing, Venkys.

3 times I woke up last night just to check BRFCS, will not be happy if all this excitement comes down to us signing Geovanni!

• Backroom

Providing he doesn't go with one of the Brazilian clubs, and the deal is still on for us, I can't see anything happening until Steve Kean has had talks with Ronnie and decides himself if he wants to sign him... so that takes care of at least 3 days ;)

Heh, I am losing vital beauty sleep over this myself!

Sat here bleary eyed till after the post 11 o'clocker and then straight on my iPhone to catch up as soon as I wake up at 06:30...

Needs resolving one way or the other soon for our own sanity...

:-)

Normally we have to sit up and wait for another hour due to the time zone differences. Thanks to dutch rover Daremz we got it earlier yesterday and I look like a human being today. This transfer window is taking all my focus :S

Not to pour water on this entire thing but I would have expected Ronaldinho to have already decided about us by now if it's been weeks worth of contact. That said, sometimes these things take weeks. I just don't think it'll happen. I suspect he is intent on a move back home... For us to have been in contact and for things to have been worked on as they have shows intent and that is a very good thing...

Guest Walshy

Not to pour water on this entire thing but I would have expected Ronaldinho to have already decided about us by now if it's been weeks worth of contact. That said, sometimes these things take weeks. I just don't think it'll happen. I suspect he is intent on a move back home... For us to have been in contact and for things to have been worked on as they have shows intent and that is a very good thing...

Maybe because Kean has said he wants to speak to him face to face, he is actually on his way over to us for these talks and wants to hear Kean and the clubs plans for him and because there is no such thing as teleportation yet, this is what the hold up is!!!

Not only that but both Ronaldinho and AC Milan's VP jumped on planes to Brazil without anyone on their parts seemingly having taken any notice of the Rovers offer until it hit the press this week.

Maybe because Kean has said he wants to speak to him face to face, he is actually on his way over to us for these talks and wants to hear Kean and the clubs plans for him and because there is no such thing as teleportation yet, this is what the hold up is!!!

With weeks worth of contact, I would have expected both Ronaldinho and his agent to already have been here... Who knows?

There is on a night out with you...................

Anyway, Rio Ferdinand just got on the London train at Wilmslow so I am gonna ask him what he knows (I just hope I can understand what he says)

Very strange comment that JW was not aware of the Ronald story despite having a meeting with SK & Scouts. Thats weird. JW's days are numbered, poor lad.

With weeks worth of contact, I would have expected both Ronaldinho and his agent to already have been here... Who knows?

A series of very true words in one sentence.

When the manager talks about time 'fading' the chances it is because it is now quite some time since the actual contract offer was made.

Ronaildinho is in Brazil, talking to clubs and comparing what is on offer elsewhere. There WON'T be a bigger package out there.

But it just takes ONE call to accept the Rovers deal.

Wait and hope. Nothing else.

A series of very true words in one sentence.

When the manager talks about time 'fading' the chances it is because it is now quite some time since the actual contract offer was made.

Ronaildinho is in Brazil, talking to clubs and comparing what is on offer elsewhere. There WON'T be a bigger package out there.

But it just takes ONE call to accept the Rovers deal.

Wait and hope. Nothing else.

It would sound to me then that he doesn't particularly fancy it on the basis he's holding out as long as possible for someone else to offer him a good enough deal to feel better about turning our money down.

The question would be then, what if that never materialises and would he change his tune if we gave him the impression we would like to move on.

In the meantime, do the Rao brothers have another galactico type signing in mind to be working up? I think Beckham's a non-starter. Who else?

For me, the last paragraph of Matthew Dunn's piece in the Express sums it all up. "Fair play, or foul, Beckham and Ronaldinho have been used to raise Venky's global awareness - at no danger of ever costing them a penny." I may be becoming cynical in my old age, but I can't help feeling that those words indicate the direction in which the club is going.

Like so many of the papers today, the question that is continually raised is why Steve Kean didn't bring up the topic of Ronaldinho - if it was his idea - during the meeting with John Williams and the scouting department. He says it wasn't mentioned because they were discussing the domestic list, not the foreign list of targets. However, surely an attempt for Ronaldinho would impact on any other targets that you were chasing - irrespective of which list they were on - and should surely have entered the discussion. I can only assume that Kean's lack of experience of dealing with the media allowed journalists to lead him down a road which suggests he's not fully in control of affairs. Again, perhaps the new manager needs a little help on the PR front. I know that nicko rates his performances in press conferences, but the reports that are in the papers of yesterday's conference don't seem to show him in a particularly good light. Admittedly, it must be difficult having to react to stories that are broken on the other side of the world.

I can't help but feel that John Williams is unlikely to last long in this sort of set up. Hopefully, when Mrs. Desai arrives at Ewood Park, John can take her to one side and explain the reality of running a Premier League club. At them moment the whole management structure seems bizarre to say the least.

Galliani, Milan VP, said the deal with Grêmio is close and he is only waiting a call from ROnaldinho to finalize the deal.

For me, the last paragraph of Matthew Dunn's piece in the Express sums it all up. "Fair play, or foul, Beckham and Ronaldinho have been used to raise Venky's global awareness - at no danger of ever costing them a penny." I may be becoming cynical in my old age, but I can't help feeling that those words indicate the direction in which the club is going.

Like so many of the papers today, the question that is continually raised is why Steve Kean didn't bring up the topic of Ronaldinho - if it was his idea - during the meeting with John Williams and the scouting department. He says it wasn't mentioned because they were discussing the domestic list, not the foreign list of targets. However, surely an attempt for Ronaldinho would impact on any other targets that you were chasing - irrespective of which list they were on - and should surely have entered the discussion. I can only assume that Kean's lack of experience of dealing with the media allowed journalists to lead him down a road which suggests he's not fully in control of affairs. Again, perhaps the new manager needs a little help on the PR front. I know that nicko rates his performances in press conferences, but the reports that are in the papers of yesterday's conference don't seem to show him in a particularly good light. Admittedly, it must be difficult having to react to stories that are broken on the other side of the world.

I can't help but feel that John Williams is unlikely to last long in this sort of set up. Hopefully, when Mrs. Desai arrives at Ewood Park, John can take her to one side and explain the reality of running a Premier League club. At them moment the whole management structure seems bizarre to say the least.

What I take from all this is that it has been full of innuendos and guesses, no one knows for sure what happened but since it's Rovers, let's assume the worst!!!

I haven't heard a word from JW to confirm all the rumours that are in the british media everyday.

First off it was Ronaldinho's camp that came to Rovers, not the other way around.

Did not Steve Kean outline the plans that the venky's have for the club. Plans, which according to SK settled the players down. Plans which appear to have convinced two players to ask for life term deals.

One thing the publicity may help with, is the recruiting of young players / getting people in india interested in Rovers, as it shows ambition.

Did not Steve Kean outline the plans that the venky's have for the club. Plans, which according to SK settled the players down. Plans which appear to have convinced two players to ask for life term deals.

One thing the publicity may help with, is the recruiting of young players / getting people in india interested in Rovers, as it shows ambition.

Whilst I agree that any indication of ambition is a positive, I still find it strange that Kean admits that the subject of Ronaldinho was not discussed at the meeting with the chairman and the scouting department. I would have thought that an approach for Ronaldinho would have impacted on every other decision with regard to new signings. I just find the way in which things are being managed at the moment somewhat strange to say the least. At the moment I feel that we desperately need someone to take control of the PR and ensure that stories end up as a positive in the media rather than a negative.

Whilst I agree that any indication of ambition is a positive, I still find it strange that Kean admits that the subject of Ronaldinho was not discussed at the meeting with the chairman and the scouting department. I would have thought that an approach for Ronaldinho would have impacted on every other decision with regard to new signings. I just find the way in which things are being managed at the moment somewhat strange to say the least. At the moment I feel that we desperately need someone to take control of the PR and ensure that stories end up as a positive in the media rather than a negative.

Maybe because info leaks from certain departments?

And DON'T tell me that doesn't happen.

This was a hush-hush job [in the main] until Sunday. It had been under cover for weeks beforehand.

Any time it was checked until then it was denied.

Archived