BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ronaldinho

One thing the publicity may help with, is the recruiting of young players / getting people in india interested in Rovers, as it shows ambition.

Spot on. Even if it comes to nothing there are three big positives for me:

1. It's been fun!!! Bringing the excitement back to being a Rovers fan

2. It's a statement of intent that may help draw players that would previously have thought twice about joining us

3. There's no such thing as bad publicity!

Who knows, maybe Venky's do know what they're doing! :blush:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe because info leaks from certain departments?

And DON'T tell me that doesn't happen.

This was a hush-hush job [in the main] until Sunday. It had been under cover for weeks beforehand.

Any time it was checked until then it was denied.

nicko, does this mean that Kean works directly with the owners and that John Williams is bypassed when it comes to major deals? I know you said that it is John Williams who is handling the Santa Cruz loan so who do you think is in overall control of transfer policy at the moment?

nicko, does this mean that Kean works directly with the owners and that John Williams is bypassed when it comes to major deals? I know you said that it is John Williams who is handling the Santa Cruz loan so who do you think is in overall control of transfer policy at the moment?

Kean and John Williams - plus staff - compiled the wanted list, including prices and likely availability on Friday. He admitted that beforehand and has confirmed it since.

Ronaldinho was a Venky's project. But, according to the manager, he approved of it - and certainly knew of it for the past few weeks. I can't say I blame him for agreeing to the attempt.

The guy in the middle of the transfer lists is the manager. That is how it should be.

John Williams is capable of doing the domestic stuff. He now has money, so it should be easier than before.

Venky's have their 'cherry on the cake' concepts which are a totally different thing. If they don't want that to be widely known that is up to them. It was a reasonable way of going about things until they started going public on Sunday.

I presume that was done to let Ronaldinho know they were still waiting - and wanted a call back.

So you are saying that JW is currently actively negotiating for our list of targets, which include Roque presumably, Adam, Duff, and a couple of others?

Yes. I said that about two days ago. Nobody picked up on it.

Why?

Did it not suit the agendas for some around this parish?

Yes. I said that about two days ago. Nobody picked up on it.

Why?

Did it not suit the agendas for some around this parish?

I thought you said Roque is on JW's plate so to speak. Therefore I assumed he is the only player we have MADE A MOVE for (except for the strawberry cheesecake that is Ronaldinho).

I thought you said Roque is on JW's plate so to speak. Therefore I assumed he is the only player we have MADE A MOVE for (except for the strawberry cheesecake that is Ronaldinho).

Adam and Duff plus other current moves will be on his plate too.

There needs to be some urgency with Adam and not the old fannying around of yore.

Duff is unlikely to happen in my view - and you would not want to over-bid for him at his age to change Fulham's mind.

The manager said he wants two players by the weekend.

Let's see if they can be delivered.

Guest Walshy

nicko, is there any news that you are holding back on for later? The other days have been so exciting, I hope today is similar :)

Wait till 11pm tonight like the rest of us

Ronaldinho is being signed as an icon, a marketing gimmick to help Venkys improve our brand in the far east, south America etc….its more a marketing project than a football related signing in my view.

Yes there is no doubt he is better than anything we have…and that helps convince the manager, and also shows their intent as Owners to improve us….but id say 1st & foremost this is for the image of the club, rather than the playing side.

Perhaps that is the reason JW isn’t working on it….add to that the fact Venkys have there own team in Brazil so leave JW to the domestic stuff back here like Charlie Adam, RSC, Bentley etc.

"If the flamboyant Brazillian did sign, it would be intriguing to see how he would adjust to Blackburn's brand of long-ball football that has been derided in so many quarters in recent times".

From the BBC sport Blackburn v Liverpool match preview.

So according to the above, it was not Sam who was into long ball but BRFC itself.

"If the flamboyant Brazillian did sign, it would be intriguing to see how he would adjust to Blackburn's brand of long-ball football that has been derided in so many quarters in recent times".

From the BBC sport Blackburn v Liverpool match preview.

So according to the above, it was not Sam who was into long ball but BRFC itself.

yet Liverpool play amazing stuff - huh?

Serious question from an outsider - do you really want him? He's looked a spent force for a couple of years now and I can't see the cold and damp English climate imrpoving him.

I can see the profile angle but as a footballer? Maybe I'm judging him harshly but is it not telling that not one other club from a major European league has shown much interest?

Serious question from an outsider - do you really want him? He's looked a spent force for a couple of years now and I can't see the cold and damp English climate imrpoving him.

I can see the profile angle but as a footballer? Maybe I'm judging him harshly but is it not telling that not one other club from a major European league has shown much interest?

Wenger said it would be massiv for the club and the league if we get him. That the EPL once again will show it is the best league with the best players.

Ronaldinho is world class. End of. :)

From a marketing point of view it is a no brainer. He will attract more fans to the club and that in turn will increase revenues.

As a player, I would say yes I do. The old term "Class is permanent" is ideal for this guy. He has undoubted talent and I am pretty confident that even on a bad day, Ronaldinho will be acres ahead of any of our midfield players. So for that reason only, I'd want him because it is clear for all to see that our midfield is shockingly poor.

Maybe because info leaks from certain departments?

And DON'T tell me that doesn't happen.

This was a hush-hush job [in the main] until Sunday. It had been under cover for weeks beforehand.

Any time it was checked until then it was denied.

That is the most disgusting comment and inuendo against John Williams.

It sums up how much this new regime stinks.

My understanding is Ronaldinho is set on Brazil but his brother has relations with our new owners and they have spoken extensively about bringing him over.

The only reason we're in with a chance is that the Brazilian clubs don't have the money to afford him, while our owners do.

Kean and John Williams - plus staff - compiled the wanted list, including prices and likely availability on Friday. He admitted that beforehand and has confirmed it since.

Ronaldinho was a Venky's project. But, according to the manager, he approved of it - and certainly knew of it for the past few weeks. I can't say I blame him for agreeing to the attempt.

The guy in the middle of the transfer lists is the manager. That is how it should be.

John Williams is capable of doing the domestic stuff. He now has money, so it should be easier than before.

Venky's have their 'cherry on the cake' concepts which are a totally different thing. If they don't want that to be widely known that is up to them. It was a reasonable way of going about things until they started going public on Sunday.

I presume that was done to let Ronaldinho know they were still waiting - and wanted a call back.

What is this stuff about John Williams is capable of doing domestic stuff rubbish?

Where did Roque, Samba, Nelsen and a host of others come from? Chicken eggs?

Archived