BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Maradona

philipl

Well lets get an official denial PDQ.

To summarise the thinking behind your recent contributions:

- If a rumour spread by 2 people (with probably the same source) isn't denied, it is true.

- If you don't know that someone knows more than you, they don't.

- Nicko, having been employed by Dan Williams, is now employed by Kentaro because the opinion of 300+ losers on a messageboard is crucial to the succes of 40 million GBP investments

- The Trust and Rothschilds, having been touted as being top class custodians of the sale process, were in fact completely incompetent

- All good Trust Fund administrators allegedly don't mind being seen to have Harrod's delivery vans backed up to their front doors the week before Christmas

Have I missed anything?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- If a rumour spread by 2 people (with probably the same source) isn't denied, it is true.

- Nicko, having been employed by Dan Williams, is now employed by Kentaro because the opinion of 300+ losers on a messageboard is crucial to the succes of 40 million GBP investments

- The Trust and Rothschilds, having been touted as being top class custodians of the sale process, were in fact completely incompetent

- All good Trust Fund administrators allegedly don't mind being seen to have Harrod's delivery vans backed up to their front doors the week before Christmas

Have I missed anything?

- Richard Scudamore, having been made to look a fool by Pompey last season, decided to ignore his pledge he would never allow this to happen again, and decided against the means and ability test all prospective new owners have to undertake.

- All good Trust Fund administrators don't mind being seen to have Harrod's delivery vans backed up to their front doors the week before Christmas

Have I missed anything?

Ouch!

:lol:

- All good Trust Fund administrators don't mind being seen to have Harrod's delivery vans backed up to their front doors the week before Christmas

Have I missed anything?

You forgot to mention that Jerome Anderson is being paid £2m per day just to put the cones out at Brockhall.

It's all true. Poor Tony Parkes just doesn't know what to do with himself.

I hope your'e right and I'm quite bouyed by the fact Steve Kean is making his own signings, getting his own staff and more importantly seems to be talking sense footballwise but:

Until Venkys prove that they are capable of creating stability nothing should be taken for granted. Fair enough things over the last week have improved and we no longer seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land and they seem to have learnt that shutting up is the best way forward but this needs to be sustained over a 18 month period at least.

What actually does a Director of football do???

"Director of football" is a term describing a senior management figure at a football club, most commonly used in Europe. The exact nature of the role is often unclear and extremely variable and causes much debate in the sports media. The term is almost exclusively used in the UK, with 'sporting director' or 'general manager' often used elsewhere.

The presence of a director of football acts as an intermediary between the manager and the board and may relieve pressure on a manager by handling aspects away from day-to-day coaching, allowing a manager to focus on on-pitch performance. The director may also help to stabilse the club – many examples exist of director stepping in as a caretaker manager on the depature of the manager. The director – often an experienced football figure – may also positively advise a less experienced manager or the board of a less well developed club.

hope my explantion clears things up for you :blush:

I will walk away from football if that bugger gets near Rovers, a bloody clown and would destroy or club!!

I think that there would be many, many more or would walk away from Rovers.

If he comes as manager, IMO, any credibility that we have as a club would be shot to pieces.

• Backroom

I believe a certain bearded gentleman with plenty of bling remains in pursuit.

It's true, apparently been heard saying 'Everyone has a price' followed by laughing.

ted-dibiase.jpg

If the club WERE so intent on making Maradona the new manager, why would they be trying to tie Kean up to a long-term contract? Doesn't really add up, does it?

Because any competent businesswoman who has successfully run a family empire for years can see it makes sense to extend a six month contract to a two and a half year one a few weeks before they replace the same position. :wacko:

Unless of course the idea is to give Kean a couple of pay days, of which SEM will get a cut, before he's replaced. Thus lining the pockets of the bogeymen.

Which would be so ridiculously transparent it would be pretty much impossible to get away with.

With Keanos new contract are you still singing from that particular hymn sheet?

Let's see what the noises are that come out of Argentina before this gets put to bed.

For the sake of Rovers, I hope Riquelme ticks Balaji's marquee box because Steve Kean is totally expendable.

Well if Riquelme is seen as the marquee signing, do we also need a big top in Maradona?

If we don't get Riquelme, then Maradona saying he would come to manage Rovers could turn heads in Pune. Kean has leapt so high under their patronage they are bound to expect their employee to do exactly what they tell him to. That is their style- very visibly so.

Let's see what the noises are that come out of Argentina before this gets put to bed.

For the sake of Rovers, I hope Riquelme ticks Balaji's marquee box because Steve Kean is totally expendable.

Well if Riquelme is seen as the marquee signing, do we also need a big top in Maradona?

If we don't get Riquelme, then Maradona saying he would come to manage Rovers could turn heads in Pune. Kean has leapt so high under their patronage they are bound to expect their employee to do exactly what they tell him to. That is their style- very visibly so.

Wait and see? I thought you had an inside line on all this so shouldn't you know?

You've said Maradona fancies the job and the Rao's are desperate to give it to him. BPF said, if everything goes to plan then it will happen. That would indicate there is a plan in place already. What is it?

If Kean has signed a new contract, would that not make it very possible he's just signed it knowing full well that if everything goes to plan he he will be demoted in a couple of weeks?

can't find where the post is now so can't quote it - but it's here on the message board somewhere...

The latest hypothesis is that Maradona could indeed come on board, as a Rovers 'Ambassador' in South America.

My understanding is this wouldn't involve any replacing of Steve Kean, would just represent us, help spread the word and hopefully give us more exposure in this new continental market. A marketing move rather than a pure football move - something which may well appeal to Maradona.

May well be a useful man to have on board when trying to persuade some young budding starlet that his best options lie in deepest darkest East Lancashire...Piggy backing on Maradona's fame may prove to be an inspired move?

Interesting prposition and something to ponder - just because Keane has signed a new contract doesn't automatically rule out Maradona being involved in some capacity.

But then again I may well be talking a complete load of old tosh!

Archived