BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Board Changes

benhben

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember hearing from our owners that su h things wouldn't happen.

Nice trust campaign, damn near as good as the P.R. campaign regarding players.

Can't wait till we hear about ground improvements, will probably mean burning the place to the ground and selling the rest.

All conjecture by the way.

Chairman John Williams has become the latest casualty of Venky's takeover at Blackburn.

Williams was forced out following meetings with the Venky's board in Manchester on Thursday night. It is understood his departure will be announced as being 'by mutual consent'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1353438/John-Williams-forced-Blackburn.html#ixzz1CwBi5DRC

I am afraid it is true.

It is an utter disgrace.

All Rovers fans owe John Williams the most enormous debt of gratitude for how he has guided the Rovers over the past 13 years.

My thoughts about the new ownership are unprintable.

Did he grow the business in thirteen years answer NO !

What Venky's are proposing is on a far larger visionary scale than anything JW and the Walker trustees could ever have imagined. Your anger should be directed towards the Walker trustees after all its they who sold out and left JW exposed.

The timing on this is right providing Venky's have someone in place who will continually communicate with the fans on a local daily basis.

I am afraid it is true.

It is an utter disgrace.

All Rovers fans owe John Williams the most enormous debt of gratitude for how he has guided the Rovers over the past 13 years.

To be fair, it wouldnt have mattered who took over. JW position was always going to be in doubt no matter who took over, especially if they aim to take an active role in the club.

If he no longer had a role then there was no point in him staying.

Im sad as I have alot of respect for John, but I dont think it reflects badly on the owners. Just that the importance of his role had diminished.

I think some people who have a bee in their bonet about the new owners will use this as the latest news to rant about

It is an utter disgrace.

Actually you've printed a fair few thoughts on the new ownership. And you should know that these sort of things always happen when businesses get taken over. I had a great deal of respect for John Williams. He was always approachable and I'm not at all sure that the new owners are right to have parted company with him at this point. However, a disgrace is a very strong term and I can't think it's that. Another bad bit of PR perhaps as there must have been better times to do it, and an unfortunate end to an era, but there was a lot of talk of JW thinking about retirement shortly, and perhaps there is some relief on his part, once he gets away from the job, too.

The man has done a fantastic job for our club, and for that we will be eternally grateful. I don't believe many wealthy people out there would be happy to put their money into a club, but allow the decision making process to be made by someone else. It's like building a house of your own, but letting someone else come up with all the ideas as to how it should be, what it should look like etc. It was inevitable really.

It's a shame we cannot hold onto Mr.Williams in an advisory capacity, to help with PR issues, but maybe he didn't fancy that.

John Williams - You are a Rovers legend. :brfc:

henrywinter Henry Winter

If John Williams, one of the best administrators in football, really has been forced out of #brfc by Venky's, I fear even more for the club

It is the end of the family club, I fear for us now, we have no experience in either team management, coaches nor at Chairman level, the route to disaster.

I hope I am wrong here, thanks JW for all you have done, a certain person now has his wish!!

CANT WAIT for the reaction on here....Philip will have a field day!

I would honestly like to know as we were told that this wouldn't happen.

From what I understood (this way May last year) - he was VERY likely to go this season at some point...so why not take a tasty pay off and go now?

@Hughesy.

That is very unfair. Yes there are personal issues but John was willing to take the cretinous behaviour to try to guide the new ownership onto a firmer footing.

You have to understand that saying this lot are clueless is being kind. They don't understand football, they don't understand community spirit, and they don't understand what they have got into and the real numbers of the underlying business are coming as quite a shock to them.

@gumboots.

Yes of course these things happen but replacing the best in the business with these poseurs is hardly a forwards step for Rovers is it?

Archived