BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Board Changes

benhben

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8791903.Blackburn_Rovers_appoint_two_new_directors/

Two new Venkys personnell employed as directors on the board. Very vague article, unknown what their roles will be.

Will this effect John Williams position?

I very much doubt it. If anything these guys will hopefully learn from Williams and Finn, on how to run a football club.

Found this via Google, our friend Kamy posted this on a thread in a FM 2011 forum:

"As part of the deal that Venky's signed with the Jack Walker Trust (previous owners) they are not allowed to change the board structure until July 2012."

Apologies if I've missed this, but I haven't seen this been mentioned elsewhere?

Link

Found this via Google, our friend Kamy posted this on a thread in a FM 2011 forum:

"As part of the deal that Venky's signed with the Jack Walker Trust (previous owners) they are not allowed to change the board structure until July 2012."

I think board structure is very different from board membership. I assume that these 2 gents have simply taken board places vacated by members of the Walker Trust. The structure of the board has therefore not been changed at all

Apologies if I've missed this, but I haven't seen this been mentioned elsewhere?

Link

I think board structure is very different from board membership. I assume that these 2 gents have simply taken board places vacated by members of the Walker Trust. The structure of the board has therefore not been changed at all.

Sorry about the repost. iPhone virgin!!

His position of being entirely helpless and submissive to each and every one of Venkys wishes?

That's true of pretty much every employee of the club though. And true of pretty much every employee of every club (in relation to their respective owners).

JW will inevitably be replaced sooner or later as the owners will want their own man in place. But maybe a position on the board now will allow the new men to 'savvy up' on football in this country and learn from the current board. I understand the biggest hurdle to date has been one of communication. Most of the Indians that our board have been dealing with don't speak English. I'm sure that won't be a problem with these two new members otherwise it would be a ludicrous move.

btw Anybody listen to Dave Whelan being interviewed by Stuart Hall about an hour before todays Wigan v Fulham match on Five Live? I've tried and failed to find a link. Anyway after discussing the impending match between Wigan and Fulham Stuart Hall then asked Whelan his opinion about the situation at BRFC since the new owners came in. Whelans retort as closely as I can recall was along the lines of.... Whats going on at Blackburnm is very strange indeed. He said Sam Allardyce should never have been sacked and that the new owners really need to simmer down and allow the Chairman and the board of directors to run the club in a proper fashion and not allow it to be run by a football agent as that could only lead to conflicts of interest.

He'll be CEO next...Williams will be out before the end of this year.

One of the conditions of taking over was that JW couldn't be sacked within a year. So if he were to leave it would be him quitting, which must have been close after the decisions being made without his knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

I am being told that John Wiliams will be leaving his post shortly, following a meeting with Mrs Desai today.

If true that will be a very sad day for me personally.

I have no issues with what Mr. Williams has done for the club and have always liked the face he puts on the club. A very personable gentleman.

Will be sad if he does go. He has led the club suberbly through some very tough times. It was inevitable this would happen though. It must be tough for John given that he is used to being in sole charge of the club to now have someone in effect above his head calling the shots. However We cant expect someone to spend millions on a club and not want their imput to be definite or to have their own people in charge.

I'm sure there will be some hysterical reactions from some people but I dont think there is any need for panic,the owners have delivered so far and have earnt a bit of trust as their big decisions have all paid off. Lets just wish John all the best and thank him for a job well done and now look to the future. :brfc:

So did he quit?

Agree that it would be a shame for JW to move on, he has done a sterling job of keeping the club during difficult times.

Times are a changing however, still, it would not surprise me if he had a meeting with Mrs.Desai and the result was him staying on.

The meeting could quite have easily been to discuss his role within the company moving forward.

Archived