BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brad Friedel

Apparently it is going to be announced tomorrow that Friedel is going to be declared bankrupt. He has taken loans out with RBS to finance his acadamys in the USA and can't make the repayments.

This is a shame as in my eyes Friedel has been a model professional and a Rovers legend.

I've heard this off someone who's company is dealing with the case.

Charity bucket time?

I know there will be the predictable "he's earnt enough in his career" but, he's invested all of it by the looks of things into millions of peoples futures.

Apparently it is going to be announced tomorrow that Friedel is going to be declared bankrupt. He has taken loans out with RBS to finance his acadamys in the USA and can't make the repayments.

This is a shame as in my eyes Friedel has been a model professional and a Rovers legend.

I've heard this off someone who's company is dealing with the case.

He did mention that his move to Villa was influenced by Randy Lerner, who could help with his academy’s in the US if memory serves me correctly.

Trying not to read between the lines it looks like it's simply been a huge property investment gone wrong.

It's been an admirable investment but surely one that should have been in partnership with a number of other key investors. Actually surprised a bank didn't get involved and package it up in some sort of property derivative..... :unsure:

Hopefully, Brad won't personally be in too much trouble. Another year in the PL and he'll have $3-4 mill in his back pocket and be rich enough to retire once again. (Astounding really)

It's a big shame though and yet a blatent example of how the US sports association bodies have no interest in football as a long term revenue generator. And this is another reason why the US will never be a major force in world football.

Guest linganzi

Did he agree terms with jw on a new contract then leave as soon as villa sniffed? Nor a bad keeper to say he never left his 6 yard box.

www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/8806645.Former_Blackburn_Rovers_keeper_declared_bankrupt/

Banks don't usually go to these lengths if payment is expected "soon" (as per the article).

Brad seemed a decent guy and a good servant for us, so hope it all works out.

He wont be the first, nor the last, to lose big money on a venture.

It's a big shame though and yet a blatent example of how the US sports association bodies have no interest in football as a long term revenue generator. And this is another reason why the US will never be a major force in world football.

Its a small town in rural ohio, you cant possibly expect the USSF to step in and bail out brad's private academy at the expense of their own budget and their own academies.

Archived