BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gray and Keys

Tom

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would actually love them to get sacked like someone else has stated about the racist remarks, they wouldn't stand a chance of keeping their job, what's the big difference? And all Gray seems to say is "take a bow son" zzzzzzzzz it's boring and predictable.

True.................

I said at he time of the Liverpool goal it was a great decision by the linesman to allow it. I didn't know it was the lady in question but, fair dues, excellent decision. I know there was other decisions but this one was spot on.

Women running the line or refereeing is perfectly fine by me. However I draw the line at the sharp shrill of Jackie Oakley commentating on MOTD. Just sounds annoying and post-dubbed.

Jonathan Pearce's high voice is bad enough. Thank god for the mute button or the red button switch to fivelive if Jackie's shrill is the future of football commentary

What makes me laugh about this episode is, how many MEN there are out there that don't know or fully understand the Offside Law yet question a womens ability and knowledge of Offside Law 11.

Or how many blokes 'think' the same as Gray and Keys. How many of us, if we are really honest have said the same or simular words as did gray and keys, at sometime.

Sometimes we all have views on various things, but various human rights etc prevent us from voicing them. Where is the line drawn these days. How many of us have made comments about, women drivers, elderly drivers, white van driver. Are these comments not allowed to be made any more? So a comment has be made about female line official (there not even called linesmen now)

We live in a nanny state which is pathetic.

Gray and Keys crime was they got caught doing something most of us have done at some stage.

As the coach of a girls U13 football team I think it's pretty bad how people have spoke of football and women as some sort of taboo. Some of the girls in my team would be in premier league academies if they where boys. I hope the womens game continues to grow and that more female officials are appointed. I will say however this is only if they are good enough... not that that will be too hard given the current standard. I hope the pair of them realise how arrogant and bigoted they sound and feel ashamed of themselves.

What a load of fuss about bugger all. Has anybody asked the lady who ran the line whether she's offended ? Don't bother, she won't be.

This is just another example of reactionary reporting, Sky sports news is akin to a TV version of the Daily Star. A couple of off-mike comments and Sky have reporters outside their front doors waiting for them to appear, the microphones being tested for DNA and artist's impressions of Andy Gray's truss.

It's pretty pathetic really, even some on here are saying tings like 'Keys did sound a bit vicious'

Get a life.

How often does a ref get abuse - male or female from the fans - during matches. "the referees a wa--" "you don't know what your doing" But that is acceptable.

I cannot see a referee, who gets booed, running off the pitch in tears shouting for their lawyer, after giving a player a yellow card for a bad foul, when the fans think it should be red. Though be funny if it happened.

It is different though. They were complaining about her before the game weren't they? As if she was going to mess up because she's a woman.

I've not listened because I see no point, if you aren't there and you don't know them as people then you can't judge. I can say all women are sh!t at sport on here and you'd have no idea whether I was joking or whether I was a sexist. But I'm just pointing out a distinct difference.

As the coach of a girls U13 football team I think it's pretty bad how people have spoke of football and women as some sort of taboo. Some of the girls in my team would be in premier league academies if they where boys. I hope the womens game continues to grow and that more female officials are appointed. I will say however this is only if they are good enough... not that that will be too hard given the current standard. I hope the pair of them realise how arrogant and bigoted they sound and feel ashamed of themselves.

Fair do's about female football talent. but I cannot condemn somebody for making silly comments. Because we have all done it.

To be honest mate its maybe riled me as i find them both so arrogant and self absorbed its untrue. Andy Gray especially, he talks like he created football and is the judge and jury of every decision. if he knows so much about football why didn't he become a manager? Hansen is the same...

• Backroom

To be honest mate its maybe riled me as i find them both so arrogant and self absorbed its untrue. Andy Gray especially, he talks like he created football and is the judge and jury of every decision. if he knows so much about football why didn't he become a manager? Hansen is the same...

To be fair to Hansen, he's readily admitted on more than one occasion that he doesn't have the bottle to be a manager.

You need to add ageism to your list. I am 75 and neither tired nor dated.

I apologise if you believe that my use of the word 'old' was an attack on those who have had more birthdays than me, but when I used the word, I meant it in the sense of: "belonging to the past"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/old

It is easy to misconstrue what people say on messageboards, and I can only hope that you don't feel upset by what I said. It has to be said, that if a misinterpretation of a word like that can cause you to feel that I have been 'ageist', then imagine how the lineswoman and Brady feel after Gray and Key's verbal put downs.

The comments may not have been intended for public consumption but any broadcaster worth their salt should know that you never say anything into a microphone that you don't want to bite you in the arse later on. Frankly I'm glad that Keys and Gray have been burned. As suggested above, I'd be thrilled to see the two of them strapped to a rocket and shot into the sky (no pun intended). They are mercilessly smug prats who have been anointed as experts simply by virtue of the fact that they work for the company with a near monopoly over live football. A future as a double act on Talksport beckons should their relationship with Sky come to an end.

In any case since when does the offside rule constitute a comprehensive knowledge of the game? It really isn't a complicated rule to understand and the fact that the assistant got the decision right makes the golf club cronies on Sky look even stupider.

The comments may not have been intended for public consumption but any broadcaster worth their salt should know that you never say anything into a microphone that you don't want to bite you in the arse later on. Frankly I'm glad that Keys and Gray have been burned. As suggested above, I'd be thrilled to see the two of them strapped to a rocket and shot into the sky (no pun intended). They are mercilessly smug prats who have been anointed as experts simply by virtue of the fact that they work for the company with a near monopoly over live football. A future as a double act on Talksport beckons should their relationship with Sky come to an end.

In any case since when does the offside rule constitute a comprehensive knowledge of the game? It really isn't a complicated rule to understand and the fact that the assistant got the decision right makes the golf club cronies on Sky look even stupider.

Oddly enough, I heard the sexism in their actual commentary before I knew what had been said off air, and I do not go around looking for it. They commented that it was a woman running the line and they'd better check that Torres was onside and when she was proved right theyy were patronising in their remarks. They could have just said "Let's see if the linesman's got this right. Oh yes, she has" but they didn't - they were looking for her to have made the big mistake they had predicted.

Keep the rule consistent.

No problems with a woman running the line or refereeing, it's relatively easy compared to actually playing.

Women's football could become more exciting with a few adjustments; smaller pitch and smaller goals. They're not men, no need to pretend otherwise ;)

Archived