BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gray and Keys

Tom

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just remind people that this thread is about 2010-2011 Premier League happenings!! Who has won most trophies or who is a bigger club (which is a stupid concept anyroad as the media reckon Brum are a big club!) is irrelevant!

Quite. This used to be a thread to read about the latest Prem news. Not to have to hear some scouser (dole dossing hubcap-stealer etc etc, insert your own favourite stereotypes here) whine on about how Liverpool are so much better than us in every way and calling a member of this borad, and a Rovers supporter to boot, a "daft ######".

If it's true that they said all that then they should both be sacked, it's at least as bad as Ron Atkinson and Rodney Marsh, and they lost their jobs.

Sky should have replaced them years ago anyway.

The lineswoman did very well. I don't know what the fuss is all about. Were Keys and Gray watching the same game?

I think the comments were made before the game. Stupid comments to make regardless, they both should have been made to appologise today at the very least. Poor girl, this will just put even more attention on her. I take my hat off to anyone who wants to be a lino, the amount of stick they get every game off the players and fans.

The comments by these two, just adds further weight to my opinion that they are both morons.

If it's true that they said all that then they should both be sacked, it's at least as bad as Ron Atkinson and Rodney Marsh, and they lost their jobs.

The comparison I would make is with Mike Newell who got into trouble for making a disparaging comment about a female ref.

I will be very interested in seeing what happens to them.

Oh come on LeChuck, I think we all had a good chuckle when we heard a bird was running the line.

Let boys be boys.

Oh come on LeChuck, I think we all had a good chuckle when we heard a bird was running the line.

Let boys be boys.

Sexism and utter disrespect to women is not a case of 'boys being boys'. It is a sign of ill-education, elitism and ignorance.

The two of them should be suspended at the very least. Society should be well passed this point, people like Key's and Gray are old, tired and dated.

Sexism and utter disrespect to women is not a case of 'boys being boys'. It is a sign of ill-education, elitism and ignorance.

The two of them should be suspended at the very least. Society should be well passed this point, people like Key's and Gray are old, tired and dated.

Gimme a break, it was all tongue in cheek, apart from the bit about Brady, who's a right bint anyway.

Andy Gray and Richard Key's have both been suspended by Sky Sports for their sexist comments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350067/Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-suspended-Bolton-v-Chelsea-sexist-rant.html

I don't agree the comments made were tongue in cheek. Key's was heard to say "whats the world coming to, and whatever next". As if to say she has no right to do that job. The girl has a hard enough job as it is, without these 2 baffoons making stupid comments. I think they left Sky with no option but to suspend them. I'm sure a lot of people made a joke of her running the line on Saturday, unfortunately for these two they were caught out on TV doing it.

To be fair to the lino she did get the call right for the goal but later in the game raised the flag for a very random liverpool offside when Torres was being played on by two players. Everybody looked a little perplexed when it happened.

If it was banter I would have no problem with it, a bit of ironic 'should be in the kitchen' blah blah with a light hearted tone of voice and you could let it go.

However, there was a real viciousness, especially from Keys. A grave error had been made simply by having a female official.

Keys thinks he IS football and needs replacing.

If it was banter I would have no problem with it, a bit of ironic 'should be in the kitchen' blah blah with a light hearted tone of voice and you could let it go.

However, there was a real viciousness, especially from Keys. A grave error had been made simply by having a female official.

Keys thinks he IS football and needs replacing.

The problem is not just with them though, is it? It's with Sky too. If you look at their sports coverage, they have female presenters who read the sports news, but where are their female reporters, commentators, analysts etc? The fact that they employ female presenters makes it possible for them to say that they are not a sexist organisation, but only when women, on merit and not as a result of some positive discrimination, get the top jobs on an equal footing with men, will that genuinely be true. Before my daughter went into the media, I'd never really looked at attitudes to women in sports broadcasting, but having an insider view means that you really do look more carefully.

To be fair to the lino she did get the call right for the goal but later in the game raised the flag for a very random liverpool offside when Torres was being played on by two players. Everybody looked a little perplexed when it happened.

Agreed. She got the one decision spot on but the other badly wrong as both the player that took the ball on to then pass to Torres, and Torres himself were clearly onside. As far as I was concerned, the linesman/assistant referee got one right and one wrong. No biggie, it happens every game. She just happens to be female.

Were the comments on air or off air? If they were made off air, as Radio 1 news reported this morning, then I don't see the issue. What they say to each other is up to them. If it is on air then they are both stuffed, there isn't much of a comeback from it and unfortunately it means more of Jamie 'look at me' Redknapp.

Were the comments on air or off air? If they were made off air, as Radio 1 news reported this morning, then I don't see the issue. What they say to each other is up to them. If it is on air then they are both stuffed, there isn't much of a comeback from it and unfortunately it means more of Jamie 'look at me' Redknapp.

They thought it was off air but mikes were on and so it was recorded. They are basically stuffed because they can't deny it or say it was said as a joke. Everyone's heard it and it wasn't good.

Archived