SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gray and Keys

Tom

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxr79eRSbNk&feature=player_embedded

I think if Keys doesn't go Andy Gray could be very aggrieved. During this whole affair Ive seen more instances of Keys playing the fool than any other Sky Sports presenter. Yes Gray was in the wrong and highly payed and argubly one of the more respected presenters.

This crap show which regularly ridicules men is seen as acceptable although these are still on telly. 4mins in "hes there to change the oil of my car" and "Changing Nappys" this crap is ok on TV.

Woeks both ways.

Storm in a teacup if you ask me

Storm in a C cup more like.

As I said earlier, this is the kind of thing that the media hounds seize on then inflate to huge, vacuous proportions. It's even perpetuated on here (finding another youtube clip where he said smash it or something).

I couldn't care less if they don't commentate on Sky, I won't miss Keys' drivel at half time while I'm waiting for the second half, and I certainly won't miss Gray's growling at the goal replays. This is just lazy, red top journalism at it's worst.

Contrast this with watching Top Gear on iplayer, and laughing out loud when Clarkson said the buses were full of murderers :lol:

If women insist on officiating in mens sports (why would they want to do this?) I think they can totally expect to get the ###### ripped out of them.

If they have the legal right to referee an exclusively male branch of the sport, perhaps they should take FIFA to court for not allowing them to play in it. I won't be renewing my Sky subscription until every premier league team has a quota of female players.

If women insist on officiating in mens sports (why would they want to do this?) I think they can totally expect to get the ###### ripped out of them.

If they have the legal right to referee an exclusively male branch of the sport, perhaps they should take FIFA to court for not allowing them to play in it. I won't be renewing my Sky subscription until every premier league team has a quota of female players.

why should she have the p1ss taken out of her i bet she would sh1t all over you on a quiz about the laws of the game

why should she have the p1ss taken out of her i bet she would sh1t all over you on a quiz about the laws of the game

You're missing the point.

I was at a press event in Amsterdam last week where they had hired a girl to do keepy-ups and other ball skills. She probably has just as much talent as most academy-level boys but she couldn't play for Blackburn because FIFA forbids mixed games of football.

Football for men, football for women. Two completely separate things.

Women dont play within male sports due to not having the strength or stature to cope. Refereeing is completely different. No woman should be prevented the right from officiating.

Linesmen get it ripped out of them due to missing offsides etc. They dont get abused because of their gender. If linesmen were getting abuse due to their race then it'd be equally as bad as what occurred on the weekend.

You're missing the point.

I was at a press event in Amsterdam last week where they had hired a girl to do keepy-ups and other ball skills. She probably has just as much talent as most academy-level boys but she couldn't play for Blackburn because FIFA forbids mixed games of football.

Football for men, football for women. Two completely separate things.

The techincal ability isnt the issue though is it. Its the physical demands of the game. Men dont play women at Tennis, Rugby or any other sport because we have a large physical advantage. We're naturally stronger and quicker. That's got nothing to do with sexism.

Women dont play within male sports due to not having the strength or stature to cope.

That's not strictly true. There are plenty of women who could compete physically in male sports. If you watch MMA, check out Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos - she would pulverise most men her size.

Men and women are not allowed to compete together because sport is the last accepted bastion of institutionalised gender discrimination. And I like it that way, as, I suspect, do most blokes.

That's not strictly true. There are plenty of women who could compete physically in male sports. If you watch MMA, check out Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos - she would pulverise most men her size

The problem for lady cyborg is that she wouldn't be fighting the most men her size. She would be fighting the infintismly small percentage of the male population who compete in MMA, an entirely different kettle of fish. I have no doubt she could crush me. I doubt whether she would come close to the champion, or even the first few hundred runner ups.

Hockey, for example, allows women. And every once is a while, a woman makes it to a goalie position. She invariably winds up third string and then is sent down to the minors. That doesn't mean she isn't a great athlete. She is. I'd be ecstatic to be a third string goalie for a professional team (or even amateur). But it is indicative of the gulf which exists between male athletes and their female counterparts as compared to female athletes and most men (inclusive of coach potatoes like me).

That's not strictly true. There are plenty of women who could compete physically in male sports. If you watch MMA, check out Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos - she would pulverise most men her size.

Men and women are not allowed to compete together because sport is the last accepted bastion of institutionalised gender discrimination. And I like it that way, as, I suspect, do most blokes.

Well I think thats torpedoed any argument there. Watch mens tennis vs ladies tennis. Mens football vs womens football. A male athlete will always run faster than a female athlete. Its biology.

The problem for lady cyborg is that she wouldn't be fighting the most men her size. She would be fighting the infintismly small percentage of the male population who compete in MMA, an entirely different kettle of fish. I have no doubt she could crush me. I doubt whether she would come close to the champion, or even the first few hundred runner ups.

I wasn't suggesting she'd beat up ordinary blokes - I reckon she could maybe do okay against some of the guys in the top 20-30 in the world at 145lbs.

As far as football goes, surely there are women built just as sturdily as the likes of Derbyshire or Lennon or little Hernandez.

Men officiate in female soccer so why not vice versa?

There is plenty coming out that points to Keys and Gray being general bullies in the work environment. It seems that hubris has simply given the new controller at Sky Sports the opportunity he needed to act.

If these two were highly respected within the organisation, I am sure they would have survived the appearance of a couple of short video clips.

There is plenty coming out that points to Keys and Gray being general bullies in the work environment. It seems that hubris has simply given the new controller at Sky Sports the opportunity he needed to act.

If these two were highly respected within the organisation, I am sure they would have survived the appearance of a couple of short video clips.

Indeed. The Independent today reports that no one can work out who leaked the footage from within Sky because nearly everyone wanted them out.

Okay, so I'm going to sound like a mysogynist here, but I think seeing women on the pitch cheapens it all a bit. Makes it seem less important, if that makes any sense.

It's like when you're flipping through the channels, you suddenly see an England match you didn't know was happening, and then you notice the 90% empty stadium and the shrill voices - yep, it's a schoolboy international. Change the channel.

Women's soccer is like that for me. And the reason they have loads of men involved in it is the same reason UK basketball or ice hockey has loads of Americans and Canadians involved - Brits aren't very good at the sport, they don't know much about it or have any kind of heritage with it, so they get experts in to show them what it's all about.

Bring back Andy Gray!

Stitched up then, just as I thought

Funny that.

It didn't take me long to realise that being a **** at work is not advisable.

If they were liked it wouldn't have happened. Don't get cocky and think you are untouchable because you will find out you aren't and it will be too late.

Okay, so I'm going to sound like a mysogynist here, but I think seeing women on the pitch cheapens it all a bit. Makes it seem less important, if that makes any sense.

It's like when you're flipping through the channels, you suddenly see an England match you didn't know was happening, and then you notice the 90% empty stadium and the shrill voices - yep, it's a schoolboy international. Change the channel.

Women's soccer is like that for me. And the reason they have loads of men involved in it is the same reason UK basketball or ice hockey has loads of Americans and Canadians involved - Brits aren't very good at the sport, they don't know much about it or have any kind of heritage with it, so they get experts in to show them what it's all about.

Bring back Andy Gray!

I don't really see your point. We are talking about mens football not womens football.

She can do as good a job officiating as a man could.

That is what it comes down to. Why spend so long arguing against when the only question should be can she do the job?

What Gray & Keys have said was off air and looked like it was just banter in the studios. If they cant relax and say what ever when the cameras are off then god help the other presenter. When a group of lads are in the pub and a nice girl enters, they all go "phwar, look at her!!" women prob do the same (I know they do when I enter a pub!!!) its just lads being lads trying to be all masculine in front of each other, Yet there Loose Women on ITV are blatantly sexist towards men and its broadcast live. With what has happened to Andy Gray I think that there should be some sort of petition or something to get Loose Women off air as well. It cant be one rule for one and a different one for the other

What Gray & Keys have said was off air and looked like it was just banter in the studios. If they cant relax and say what ever when the cameras are off then god help the other presenter. When a group of lads are in the pub and a nice girl enters, they all go "phwar, look at her!!" women prob do the same (I know they do when I enter a pub!!!) its just lads being lads trying to be all masculine in front of each other, Yet there Loose Women on ITV are blatantly sexist towards men and its broadcast live. With what has happened to Andy Gray I think that there should be some sort of petition or something to get Loose Women off air as well. It cant be one rule for one and a different one for the other

Loose woman is build for that context, average looking mid age woman who have basicly been screwed over by men.

Andy Gray was sacked becuase they can;t allow it.

but its pretty unfair.

I am sort of glad he is off sky though.

Rodney Marsh was funny on sky, he is more missed.

Loose woman is build for that context, average looking mid age woman who have basicly been screwed over by men.

Andy Gray was sacked becuase they can;t allow it.

but its pretty unfair.

I am sort of glad he is off sky though.

Rodney Marsh was funny on sky, he is more missed.

Lets get Ron Atkinson & Andy Gray Commentating on Channel 5 for the womens African Cup Of Nations!!!

Archived