BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gray and Keys

Tom

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that video shows is how good women are at reading from autocues, kind of loses credibility when you see their eyes moving side to side whilst they read slowly.

Something that if people are to be believed ironicly the female SSN presenters can't do that well :)

Sian Massey has lost her game tomorrow. Beginning to look as though Gray and Keys are having a thoroughly undeserved effect on her life. Good to see they've paid the penalty.

Sian Massey has lost her game tomorrow. Beginning to look as though Gray and Keys are having a thoroughly undeserved effect on her life. Good to see they've paid the penalty.

Hopefully she won't be hit financially for this and the PGMO(Referees body) are merely protecting her from unecessary attention. You never know if the situation is managed properly she may possibly end up as a better official knowing people are behind her may give her confidence not only in the people in the game but in her own decision making as well.

To simply answer the topic, sexism or banter. Banter for God's sake. The world needs to get a grip. There's an argument for minor sexism in the initial incident (just seems like typical bloke talk to me though), but all the followup ones that got them sacked - that I've seen anyway - were them being perverts, not sexist. BIG difference, and nothing wrong with it, especially off air.

To simply answer the topic, sexism or banter. Banter for God's sake. The world needs to get a grip. There's an argument for minor sexism in the initial incident (just seems like typical bloke talk to me though), but all the followup ones that got them sacked - that I've seen anyway - were them being perverts, not sexist. BIG difference, and nothing wrong with it, especially off air.

So your saying its ok Monday morning if I tell the head of sales for my company to stick her hand down my pants and tuck my dick in ?

She won't mind. I am just being a pervert or its banter, something like that anyway. I think she will understand.

............ but all the followup ones that got them sacked - that I've seen anyway - were them being perverts, not sexist. BIG difference, and nothing wrong with it, especially off air.

JoeBlueWhite has a nice take on this but are you serious with this view? You are suggesting Gray and Keys are perverts and it is acceptable for them to practice their particular brand of perversion at work, in a TV studio, at the expense of their work colleagues? I'm hoping you've simply chosen the wrong word to describe your view of the pair?

Brilliant piece in today's Guardian by The Secret Footballer. (well I think so!)

Pundits? We players just couldn't care less

(apologies if the link doesn't work - posting from phone)

Basically saying (as we all know) pundits are full of hot air and are largely ignored by the playing population.

Sounds to me like there is a real opportunity here for Sky to shake up how they present football. Would love to see them drop the Suits and get the 'Goals On Sunday' production team to put a different spin on things. Sadly I think they'll stick with the same format and take-in Andy Gray's suit a few inches to fit Jamie Redknapp and stick a SSN presenter next to him.

• Backroom

Got to love Sky Sports, a couple weeks after sacking these two for sexism they have Kamy being mocked for being beat at weightlifting by a girl and wolf whistling at cheerleaders on the Soccer AM, in this PC world I'm amazed the double standards hasn't been pointed out to them

As regards the female lino I think the powers that be have taken the completely the stance on her situation.

She should have been left with her existing fixtures and been given any other available to demonstrate their faith in her and her abilities.

By withdrawing her from the lime light it's almost like an admission Gray and Keys were right with their half baked ramblings.

Besides if she is going to be bothered by something relatively trivial like that she isn't going to last long as like all linos she is liable to get a lot more stick than that at grounds up and down the country every weekend.

• Backroom

Talksport is awful, quite a step down for them, I expected Gray to go over to America and do commentary over there or do commentary on English games for American TV

Archived