SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba ©, Nelsen, Olsson, J. Jones, Andrews, Dunn, Hoilett, MB Diouf, Roberts.

Subs: Bunn, Kalinic, Grella, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Benjani, Hanley.

TOTTENHAM: Gomes, Lennon, Jenas, van der Vaart, Palacios, Gallas ©, Crouch, Defoe, Bassong, Corluka, Assou-Ekotto.

Subs: Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Kranjcar, Sandro, Khumalo, Pletikosa, Woodgate.

Bizarre, so David Dunn plays left wing? At least Nelsen starts but any hope I had has disappeared now with that midfield.

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba ©, Nelsen, Olsson, J. Jones, Andrews, Dunn, Hoilett, MB Diouf, Roberts.

TOTTENHAM: Gomes, Lennon, Jenas, van der Vaart, Palacios, Gallas ©, Crouch, Defoe, Bassong, Corluka, Assou-Ekotto.

Bizarre, so David Dunn plays left wing? At least Nelsen starts but any hope I had has disappeared now with that midfield.

Yup. Scaredy pants line up.

Feel better if ollson was left wing....makes me very nervous at left back, should be first choice left wing anyway and one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

Lot of expectation on Hoillet tonight, team sheet really does need formica and rochina in quick as i don't see a lot of goals in our attack tonight.

Might be quite a versatile 4-3-3/4-5-1:

------ ------ Robbo ------ ------

Salgado - Samba - Nelsen - Olsson

------ Jones ------ Andrews ------

------ ------ Dunn ------ -------

Diouf ------- ------- ------ Hoillet

------- ------ Roberts ------ ------

Looks alright, Andrews isn't perfect I know but we have two good engines in the middle to deal with Tottenham's midfield. Let's wait and see...

Why oh why didn't someone take Keef off our hands in january?!? We all know the answer to that (exception for a few trolls who probably consider him The British Iniesta), but couldn't we at least have sent him out on loan to one of our rivals weakening them in the prosess? Have thought highly of Kean this far but to choose Andrews ahead of Grella, N'Zonzi and Gamst is criminal. Gutted by this selection - please prove me wrong!

4-2-3-1?

Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Olsson

Jones Andrews

Hoilett Dunn MB Diouf

Roberts

My money is on a diamond formation. So Dunn isn't exactly playing left wing, as in the diamond its a more narrow formation.

Disappointed to see Andrews. But given how bad Pedersen's form has been, we didn't have much other choice. Only other option would have been playing two defensive midfielders, and Dunn playing as an out and out left winger.

Plus I would have partnered Kalinic with MB Diouf. They've looked decent playing together.

Hopefully when Emerton returns to the squad and Formica starts pushing for a place we'll have more options.

Bizarre.

Andrews must have some kind of jedi mind-control trick he plays on managers to get them to pick him.

maybe he suffers from stagefright, very,very badly and is a genius behind closed doors on the training ground.

ON THE BRIGHTSIDE NO PEDERSEN ON SET PIECES, OH HAPPY DAY

if someone steps up and scores a freekick tonight regardless of the score there will undoubtedly be a positive from the night at least keeping peds away from all future oppurtunities to not test the opposition keeper.

Soul destroying to watch Andrews and Roberts warming as part of the starting xi.

Looks like he's partnering Dunn. Thank goodness for Jones.

Seriously hope someone shoves this post down my throat at 10pm but I'm not convinced.

Did I dream the transfer window??

Might be quite a versatile 4-3-3/4-5-1:

------ ------ Robbo ------ ------

Salgado - Samba - Nelsen - Olsson

------ Jones ------ Andrews ------

------ ------ Dunn ------ -------

Diouf ------- ------- ------ Hoillet

------- ------ Roberts ------ ------

Looks alright, Andrews isn't perfect I know but we have two good engines in the middle to deal with Tottenham's midfield. Let's wait and see...

Carthorse more like it, cant run, cant tackle, no first touch, cant head and cant pass, oh and no bloody pace either, how has he a contract as a pro footballer? someone please answer me, Stanley have two or three much better than him.

Archived