BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Mrs Desai gets the respectful reception she deserves. Uncle Jack started in a conservative way ...and made a number of swerves in the early days. Trust we also see some of the signings.

Can we also afford a heated blanket for the 'Royal box'?

this is probably one of the best chances we have to beat tottenham ...no modric , no bale there defence looking shaky - get in to them ...

they will still have good players replacing the injuried but still bale and modric been there best players this season , aswell as van der vaart ..should be an exciting game me thinks

Tonight promises to be an exciting match, but I will be very (happily)surprised if we beat Tottenham. But...should we play well and take the three points then it really is game on for the rest of the season. The next two games are really winnable (Wigan away and Newcastle home), so nine points out of nine puts us 40 points in February.

Not that we will win any of them like...but what the hell.

• Moderation Lead

They've got an alarming shortage of centre halves- think the only two fit are Bassong and the returning Woodgate.... (said with tongue fimrly in cheek!) Also the lack of Modric and Bale could be key.

If we can attack them, and really get at them we've got a chance, our defence needs to have a blinder mind! :rover:

I really hope one of nelsen and givet (or both) is fit. If we have olsson at left back I imagine that will mean pedersen on the left of midfield misplacing passes and taking every free kick. I wonder if emerton is back whether we could look at him or even salgado at left back so ollson can use his pace down the wing?

Centre backs of Woodgate & Bassong likely with full backs of Hutton & Ekotu (sp?) – really need to just go for them – nothing to lose against that defence, and whilst Gomes isn’t a bad shot stopper, he isn’t comfortable in the air – this is one where we need to stick all our set pieces into the box when we can.

Ok so Venkys said they listen to the fans & tonight we have them all present….could anyone arrange for a ‘PLEASE GET RID OF Grella, Andrews etc’ banner??

I dont think that would the team any favors! Lets leave that till the summer. They may still have a role to play till then. But I agree we should go for their defence.

Really? :rolleyes:

I was just kidding mate - I just wish someone would get the message on them & realise they have to be 2 of the luckiest blokes alive...professional premier league footballers? :blink:

As for the game - I still think we will do well to get a draw....especially if Hanley has to play!

My line up with Nelsen and Givet passed fit:

GK : Robbo

RB : Salgado

CB : Nelsen

CB : Samba

LB : Givet

RM : Hoilett

CM : Jones

CM : Pedersen

LM : Olsson

ST : M Diouf

ST : Roberts

Subs : Bunn, Hanley, N'zonzi, Benjani, Kalinic, Grella, Dunn

I think Givet and Nelsen are injured.

I never want to see Roberts don a Rovers shirt again.

Well he's just signed a new contract, so I don't think your wish will come true. I reckon he is very useful as an impact sub, and so long as he is happy with that then I am happy to have him here.

For me, we should have Diouf and Kalinic upfront today.

• Backroom

I hate games where we 'should win this' because the other side is weakened. They inevitably get the better of us... I'm hoping that's not the case tonight.

They are strong favourites in my eyes, they may have a few out but Van Der Vaart is a matchwinner in himself and Lennon is deadly and Crouch has a knack of scoring against us.

First goal is critical seeing as we have lost every game we have gone behind in.

They are strong favourites in my eyes, they may have a few out but Van Der Vaart is a matchwinner in himself and Lennon is deadly and Crouch has a knack of scoring against us.

First goal is critical seeing as we have lost every game we have gone behind in.

Olsson will match Lennon

Jones will eat Van der Vaart and get sent off in the process.

These are games where the manager should go after the opposition.

Hopefully a game that you can use Du Hast as the soundtrack.

A vicious 3-2.

Archived