BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

Poor buggers.

We should play players with points to prove. Shove Roberta up there with Ihaveanitch. Tell them both that unless they score they are going to the reserves, coached by Samba with a birch switch.

Let Jnr chew them up. Match Lennon with the Swede.

Destroy!

Get there fastest with the most.

Quoting the great NB Forrest to boot!!!! I like the cut of your jib, reb.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure if this has been asked before, but i just saw on skysports that formica and rochina are both NOT PLAYING against spurs later tonight....i was convinced that they had both signed in time to be available tonight.

can somebody clear it up for me.

oh, and 3pts for rovers...please :tu:

I expect both to be eased into the squad gradually. It'll be a culture shock for both of them.

No dunn please. A.y chAnce of formica ? Is he match fit ?

Normally I'd agree with this Linganzi, but due to his last home performance and the lack of ability in the back ups, I'd want him playing at least for sixty to seventy magical minutes for when the scoreline has hit four to the plus for Blackburn Rovers, then call for him to be replaced.

I agree that Kalinic isnt the best suited for the lone role. However in a 4-2-3-1 he will get å lot more support from the midfield and he is good at binding others into play. The combination play between martin, niko and hoilett is very good. With jj and zonz protecting the back 4 well hopefully be able to keep modric and vdv quiet and still be able to attack.

One decent half in weeks doesn't convince me really. Why didn't rochina train ? Any ideas ? When did formica last play ?

I think Rochina only arrived yesterday which probably explains why he didn't train.

As for the game, I'm feeling strangely optimistic. I'm not sure that is good :D

Now is a decent time to play Spurs and their 'injury worries', if we get at them we could be good for a win.

My team for tonight:

Robinson

Salgado-Samba-Nelsen/or/Givet-Olsson

Pedersen, Jones, Dunn,

Hoilett, Kalinic, MB Diouf

I would go for a 4-3-3 offensive in attack with Hoilett and Diouf torment on the wings and with Kalinic in the middle and also for them to do the defensive job when defending...call it 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 but tonight i think we need to win the midfeld and give Dunn some space....

We'll have a strong squad and both Benjani and Roberts to come on and make an impact.

Gareth Bale would be the difference tonight, happy he isn't playing and Lennon could be very odd....I believe Olsson wants revenge on him and this could be fun.

Their midfeld should be Lennon, Kranjar, Pienaar and Van der Vaart. Not so bad but not much steel, much creativity, we would need one of them.

But we need pacy players tonight on the wings and we'll win.

I know Kean said they wont feature....but nothing wrong with changing that & telling a little white lie

Team for me...

-------------------Robbo----------

Salgado---Samba---Nelsen---Olsson

-------------J Jones--------------

Hoilett---------------------MGP---

-------------Dunn-----------------

-------M Diouf------Kalinic-------

Subs:

Bunn

Hanley

NZonzi

Roberts

Benjani

Emerton

Formica

“They’ve backed us this month, they’ve backed us since day one. It’s good that we’ve been able to attract players of this calibre.It’s probably a long time since we’ve been able to get someone from Barcelona, Schalke, Champions League clubs, Man City.

Just in the summer we loaned a player from ManU and got a player from ManC. In the window before that we got a player from Stuttgart that was in CL that season. In the window before that we got a player from Chelsea and Marseille which were in the CL that season..

I know Kean said they wont feature....but nothing wrong with changing that & telling a little white lie

Nothing wrong indeed - 'Arry does it all the time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a full strength Spurs team line up... :unsure:

Their midfeld should be Lennon, Kranjar, Pienaar and Van der Vaart. Not so bad but not much steel, much creativity, we would need one of them.

I am 100% certain that won't be their midfield! Jenas almost certainly start (although possibly Sandro), and I imagine they'll go with Van Der Vaart behind whoever plays up front.

Archived