BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having Cruz is a big blow. None of our other strikers look up to much at the moment. I would be tempted to play:-

-------------------Robinson

Salgado---Nelsen----Samba------Givet

Hoilett------Jones----Pedersen---Olsson

---------------Kalinic----MB Diouf

Criminal if MB Diouf does not get on the pitch for this one. Also we need Peds to find a bit of form.

I would probably pick:

Robinson

Salgado Nelsen Samba Givet

Hoilett J.Jones N'Zonzi Olsson

Kalinic Roberts

Defense picks itself at the moment though I'm worried about Salgado against Bale. Jones and N'zonzi to provide the steel in midfield and Hoilett and Olsson as the creative forces on the wings. With Roque likely to be out I've gone with Roberts even though he's better as an impact player than a starter. Diouf seems to have fallen out of favour completely, would be surprised if he starts.

2-1 to Spurs.

I would probably pick:

Robinson

Salgado Nelsen Samba Givet

Hoilett J.Jones N'Zonzi Olsson

Kalinic Roberts

Defense picks itself at the moment though I'm worried about Salgado against Bale. Jones and N'zonzi to provide the steel in midfield and Hoilett and Olsson as the creative forces on the wings. With Roque likely to be out I've gone with Roberts even though he's better as an impact player than a starter. Diouf seems to have fallen out of favour completely, would be surprised if he starts.

I like this line up, a lot. It's a fast paced, aggressive squad which shouts out that we are there for the win. And Bale is injured, so no worries there.

Jonathan Woodgate may start for Spurs for the first time in 14 months. Also a pretty comprehensive list of the injured Spurs. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Jonathan-Woodgate-set-for-Tottenham-return-against-Blackburn-article687229.html

All in all, we should be going at them right now.

I'm not certain if it's still in force, but I'm fairly sure there used to be a [Premier League?] rule that only one player could wear a particular shirt number in any one season; and if that player moved on/retired, that shirt number had to remain unused for the rest of the season.

Formica has been given the number 10 shirt and Rochina has been given number 20

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2282169,00.html

I would like this team:

Salgado - Samba - Nelsen - Givet

JJ - ZONZ

Hoilett - Dunn - Olsson

Kalinic

With Givet doubtful Kean would probably play Olsson LB and Gamst filling in on the left hand side of midfield. I dont trust Kali to play as a lone striker though. A lone striker has to hold the ball up and he just continuously falls over.

• Backroom

Mame before Niko anyday if we are only going with one, is there a good reason why he didn't play against Villa?

I have a feeling Roberts and or Benjani may start though.

I would have been tempted to have one of the new lads on the bench now we can name 7 just as a wildcard.

After tonight's results, Spurs are going to be absolutely desperate for the win tomorrow evening. Might play in our favour but I think we are going to need a massive game from Jermaine Jones and Chris Samba in the spine of our side and Robbo to be at his absolute best.

Would be nice to see RSC open his new account for us but that is going to be very touch and go as to whether he plays. If he is out, I'd like to see MB Diouf get the nod.

Possibly a good time to be playing Spurs - Woodgate may start at centre back, and you would think (if he plays) he would be rusty therefore may be worth starting Roberts for this one (for physical presence).

Hopefully Mame Diouf is back in the team/squad as there appears no reason why he was not included at the weekend unless he was rested.

Kean said himself we've been too loose/open - do think we need to be careful & get the balance right as if Spurs hit top form they could knock a few past us.

Whilst this is a big game for them, I would like to think we can give them a good match as, in this ultra tight league, it pushes us much closer to them in the table if we win.

Well, I said in my opener that I looked out for Northampton Town; Nottingham Forest & Lincoln City.

Tonight's results for "my teams."

Northampton 6 – 2 Crewe Alexandra

Bradford 1 – 2 Lincoln

Coventry City 1 – 2 Nottingham Forest

Gently stir in a touch of

Doncaster 1 – 0 Burnley

So the portents are good.

My other team was Bristol Rovers but they've just crashed like a drunken 16 year old, driving a VW Polo.

Archived