BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle home

philipl

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't understand the obsession people have with Olsson in midfield.

Enrique was the best attacking player on the field today, he was playing left back. An overlapping full back is a brilliant weapon to have, there is nothing restrictive about playing Olsson there.

Wide players need to smarter and have a larger range of skills than Olsson. Hoilett has that to his game, but Olsson is very one dimensional. He could make a cracking full back in the mould of Clichy, Evra, Baines, Enrique etc. if given time.

because Olsson can get totally r@ped at left back. did you see the Wigan game?

I think comparisons to one of the leagues' best managers (outside the obvious big names) won't do Kean any favours right now...

Assuming you mean Allardyce (one of the League's best managers? Lol) Yep. That good he's been overlooked for West Brom, Liverpool, Preston, Burnley etc etc.

Please don't respond, because his chapter at the club (beating Burnley apart) is something I'd rather forget.

Tripe.

We were dire.

I agree that those subs were totally mad, even the last one. Emerton for Salgado would have made some manner of sense.

Less teeth than a long term addicted crackwhore.

We played a lot of hit and hope hoofball today, something more often than not we did during Sam's tenure. Let's face it Newcastle's central midfield is so superior to ours. If they played like they did today but instead Sam was in charge our chances of a different result would have been slim. You give the ball away to a better midfield you are going to be punished more often than not.

Worst performance this season. Why are we back to punting the ball??????????????

The only player I thought that looked half interested was Jones. We can't play him with N'zonzi again way to similiar and they just stood off the newcastle midfield which murdered us to day.

Salgado looks like he is 45 years old, enough of this tomfoolery of a new contract, madness.

Emerton lost it.

We played a lot of hit and hope hoofball today, something more often than not we did during Sam's tenure. Let's face it Newcastle's central midfield is so superior to ours. If they played like they did today but instead Sam was in charge our chances of a different result would have been slim. You give the ball away to a better midfield you are going to be punished more often than not.

Tiote was excellent. Barton and Nolan were irritating but between the 3 of them they owned us in midfield.

This is Kamy.

Just got back. Poor performance by Rovers. From the off the formation was totally wrong, we just do not have the personnel to play a diamond formation, time and again Newcastle exposed us, very lucky they do not have any decent strikers. I sat there thinking surely Kean can see this and will switch the formation. It took until 65 minutes to change to 442. Once we went to 442 it stopped Newcastle exposing our fullbacks.

Throughout the game we created very little.

If we lose both the Villa and Fulham games we will be in deep trouble. The break has come and just the right time, players are going to go away to warmer climes, hopefully some work is done on the training ground because today Rocers looked clueless.

what a load of dogshit. Keane needs to sort this tactics and selections out as he seems clueless at the moment. 5 changes every game, a stupid diamond formation that offers no width and continually exposed fullbacks. a central midfield that the opposition walk through time and time again. more worryingly what seems to me a lack of match fitness and appetite at the moment they were 2nd to everything today and lucky to get a point.

SORT IT OUT the same mistakes every week!!

Unfortunately more and more American words are being adopted over here, probably down to tv, films etc.

Chips have become fries, crisps are becoming chips, holidays/vacation, normal/regular, lift/elevator, ambulance men/paramedics. The list is endless, although sidewalk doesn't seem to have caught on.

A final one - never say 'Go Rovers.' It's always 'Come on Rovers.' :lol:

I don't use the above English version, obviously, but I understand them all. Proof we are still speaking the same language.

And thanks. Come on Rovers! Get your house in order. :rover::unsure:

Except they guaranteed his contract already...

Which means nothing. If it were me, I'd let him go now and bring in an experienced manager. This zone we find ourselves in, neither success nor failure, has to be wearing on morale. Time to mix it up.

We're going one way under Kean, and it ain't up.

. . .

Get the feeling it's going to be a long and horrible end to the season.

I believe we will not end the season in the top 10. On the other hand I believe we won't be relegated either. In my opinion, we're on track for limping across the finish line, no thanks to our owners/manager, but only because there are 3 worse teams.

Possession

* Blackburn 43%

* Newcastle 57%

Attempts on target

* Blackburn 0

* Newcastle 6

Attempts off target

* Blackburn 4

* Newcastle 6

Corners

* Blackburn 2

* Newcastle 11

Fouls

* Blackburn 11

* Newcastle 11

Says it all really. Weak on attack and weak on defense. But that is ok because we are allegedly in proper footballing hands now. :wacko:

If you play 4-4-2 then do it properly. If you want bodies in the centre then change to 4-3-3.

If I had the power LeChuck, I'd make you manager of the Rovers. :P

Anyway, Kean and Jensen now have an FA Cup-free two weeks to hone Rovers into something like a Premier League football team again. Formica should be match fit by then and even Phil Jones should be nearly ready.

Which is good news. Whatever Kean and his assistant are doing, I'd wish they'd get on with it.

Look at our next two fixtures - we needed a win today.

Something I've been saying for awhile. We had the opportunity to bank some points over the last several weeks and have blown it.

Many others will soon start to realise that including our new owners. The end of the season now looks horrible.

The pride which we are counting on to bring in decent players (which I think they've done well on this front, if not others), may also stop them from admitting they made a mistake. My interpretation of thier behavior is that they are not used to being challenged and are not used to having egg on their face. Which I think, with no evidence whatsoever expect opinion drawn from newspapers, was the major problem they had with Sam and JW.

Venkys need to figure out that football is an adapt or die business, and every season a new challenge, and if you make a mid-course change, cross every "t" and dot every "i". Which I don't believe they did with the Kean for Sam swap.

• Moderation Lead

I really don't understand the obsession people have with Olsson in midfield.

Enrique was the best attacking player on the field today, he was playing left back. An overlapping full back is a brilliant weapon to have, there is nothing restrictive about playing Olsson there.

Wide players need to smarter and have a larger range of skills than Olsson. Hoilett has that to his game, but Olsson is very one dimensional. He could make a cracking full back in the mould of Clichy, Evra, Baines, Enrique etc. if given time.

He could do with learning how to defend first though........

My god today was bad! Our next 2 games look pretty much like defeats also (Villa and Fulham away), then Blackpool at home.....

The sooner Givet is back the better.

Need Ollson and Junior on the wings.

Thought we were very negative today and just didn't want to lose the game at all costs.

Agree, with Givet at LB we looked more solid at the back, and we have looked so much better when Ollson and Hoilett have played on the wings.

The first person to mention Sam in this thread after the match was MarkBRFC71.

Why don't you address that to him, or are you still preoccupied with making bizzare comparisons with us and Leeds United?

Yor love in is getting nauseating for Sam, look back On most threads and you refer back to him, what is that about? Who are you going to call stupid today for having an opinion Tony lol

Assuming you mean Allardyce (one of the League's best managers? Lol) Yep. That good he's been overlooked for West Brom, Liverpool, Preston, Burnley etc etc.

Please don't respond, because his chapter at the club (beating Burnley apart) is something I'd rather forget.

One of the league's best managers outside the ones currently at the top 6 clubs, yes.

I know you didn't want me to respond because I manage to make you look like a simpleton most of the times I talk to you on here, but interesting the best player on the pitch was one of Sam's terrible signings..

Anyway, we'll see how fondly you'll come to remember the era of Steve Kean.

Terrible match. Terrible performance by some of our players, Nzonzi was just lost. He gifted the ball to Newcastle over and over. Salgado got no protection until Dunn was replaced by Emerton. Bloody awful. Clearly, some of this lies at the door of Kean. I'm not jumping on to an anti-Kean bandwagon, I think he's got a lot to learn though.

Last thing. That excuse for a referee should be sacked. I don't think he's good enough for non-league! How Newcastle didn't end up with 10 after the assault on Jones I don't know. Some of the worst non-decisions ever. Shoves, blatant ones on Nelsen, hand-balls, Mr Barton blatant one again, climbing and holding Samba, jumping on top of Junior.

• Backroom

It's a good job they didn't have a real striker on the pitch today with the amount of corners we gifted them and the amount of balls they got in the box.

I thought Robbo looked uneasy on crosses and flapped at a couple but made a good save from Collocini.

At least Steve is good at press conferences, speaks several languages and comes from Scotland. Oh, and works long hours.

Other than that, it seems he's bloody clueless.

Actually just heard his presser and have to say, all is forgivcen, I'm with Nicko this guy is a gem, I'd even consider a 5 year contract.

He even walked out of the presser to "I'm simply the Best" Tina bloody Turner.

A gem I tell ya.

• Backroom

One of the league's best managers outside the ones currently at the top 6 clubs, yes.

I know you didn't want me to respond because I manage to make you look like a simpleton most of the times I talk to you on here, but interesting the best player on the pitch was one of Sam's terrible signings..

Didn't think Sam signed Tiote

At least Steve is good at press conferences, speaks several languages and comes from Scotland. Oh, and works long hours.

Other than that, it seems he's bloody clueless.

Perhaps we should drag a mattress onto the touchline, people who say yes all the time generally work best on them.

Manage to make someone look like a simpleton? Calling people stupid, how do you manage to contain your disdain for us common folk on here, I will salute and then bow the next time you speak sire lol

Another wasted afternooon watching crap. Kean is Paul Ince all over again, Clueless, Our full backs were exposed last week at Wigan, time and again. The same agian today. Ditch the diamond NOW.

Its a good job Newxastle had no quality up front.

KEAN IS NOT THE ANSWER

fed up and totally ###### off with the Rovers.

Jones showed signs of finding his feet in the league today and Samba was a lot better in the second half.

Apart from that it's one of the worst games I've seen in supporting Rovers for almost 20 years now.

Nzonzi makes me cry every time I see him in a Rovers shirt of late, a complete and utter waste of space at the minute.

Depressing times when you consider that recent events seems to point to the fact that a CB come LB is the most important player in our team right now... :unsure:

Archived