BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle home

philipl

from what I saw via the frustratingly poor foreign broadcasting today we were lucky for the point, from reading others's assessments it looks about right, I too was quite disappointed to see junior and santa taken off at half time for good ol big jase, newscastle will be kicking themself they didnt take all 3 point, we were ripe for the taking thats for sure, their midfield bossed it.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the league's best managers outside the ones currently at the top 6 clubs, yes.

I know you didn't want me to respond because I manage to make myself look like an arrogant simpleton most of the times I talk to you on here, but interesting the best player on the pitch was one of Sam's terrible signings..

Anyway, we'll see how fondly you'll come to remember the era of Steve Kean.

I corrected your post for you. No need to thank me. Think you'll find it was Hughton who signed Tiote? :wstu:

Nzonzi makes me cry every time I see him in a Rovers shirt of late, a complete and utter waste of space at the minute.

Agreed. Because he didn't have a partner he could pass the buck to with a 5 yard sideways pass, he showed his true limitations today. Wasted just about every possession he had

Yor love in is getting nauseating for Sam, look back On most threads and you refer back to him, what is that about? Who are you going to call stupid today for having an opinion Tony lol

Imy, imy, imy.

Your love in for my posts is getting rather nauseating, are you developing an obsession?

I'm not going to call you stupid for having an opinion.

I am going to call you stupid because you appear to be more than a little bit slow and can't understand a few basic points.

Firstly, the post which started this bizzare crusade of yours against me was when I called another poster stupid because he said John Williams controlled the actions of the Walker Trust. This was entirely justified, yet you somehow took this to mean I called him stupid because he had a different opinion on John Williams.

Secondly, I was not the first person to mention our old manager in this thread - Mark was. I was replying to his post much the same way you might reply to someone who started slagging off the Mark Hughes era.

Personally, I miss the days when Sam Allardyce and John Williams would run this club in a sensible way on and off the pitch and most importantly where we got results on the pitch. Where ultimately although the football wasn't riveting, people would still go home happy that we'd won. That's a perfectly legitimate position to have, and whilst I won't bring up our old manager in threads like this, if people try and claim that this era is an improvement on that then with this being a discussion board, I'll point out to them why it wasn't.

Hope that makes things clear for you, but I get the feeling it might take a bit longer for the penny to drop...

Terrible match. Terrible performance by some of our players, Nzonzi was just lost. He gifted the ball to Newcastle over and over. Salgado got no protection until Dunn was replaced by Emerton. Bloody awful. Clearly, some of this lies at the door of Kean. I'm not jumping on to an anti-Kean bandwagon, I think he's got a lot to learn though.

Last thing. That excuse for a referee should be sacked. I don't think he's good enough for non-league! How Newcastle didn't end up with 10 after the assault on Jones I don't know. Some of the worst non-decisions ever. Shoves, blatant ones on Nelsen, hand-balls, Mr Barton blatant one again, climbing and holding Samba, jumping on top of Junior.

I am sure you are making enormous sense Crazylvan with your post but for some reason i keep losing concentration ;-)

I am going to call you stupid because you appear to be more than a little bit slow

Firstly, the post which started this bizzare crusade of yours ....

The irony. :rolleyes:

Seriously TGM, are you really such an arrogant #### in real life?

Manage to make someone look like a simpleton? Calling people stupid, how do you manage to contain your disdain for us common folk on here, I will salute and then bow the next time you speak sire lol

I don't know why your looking for a fight with Tony, to be honest he's been pretty much spot on I think.

Maybe when Kean starts winning you'll have a better arguement.

p.s. actually I agree with some points you make too, maybe you are both a little extreme at different ends.

Utter rubbish from Kean about no space to play in. There was so much space especially in our central midfield area. Managers sometime use cliches to justify results thinking that every fan is a blind fool. If anything we could've exploited the spaces had we retained the ball.

Top post Tony, really bravo, chanting my name really gives me warm feeling inside... Hope you didn't write anything after that as I switched off, I like having reasoned debates on here but pompous, self righteous I am better than anyone else attitudes does not sit right with me, the churlishness is generally reflected in year 7 pupils... Your not 11 are you? No need to answer on ignore.

Imy, imy, imy.

Personally, I miss the days when Sam Allardyce and John Williams would run this club in a sensible way on and off the pitch and most importantly where we got results on the pitch. Where ultimately although the football wasn't riveting, people would still go home happy that we'd won. That's a perfectly legitimate position to have, and whilst I won't bring up our old manager in threads like this, if people try and claim that this era is an improvement on that then with this being a discussion board, I'll point out to them why it wasn't.

Absolutely spot on and echoed by thousands if those supporters who sit around me are representative of the many.

Where ultimately although the football wasn't riveting, people would still go home happy that we'd won.

We didn't though that often did we.

Twenty one points from seventeen games this season and six or seven away wins in two seasons under Sam.

That's why 995 of your recent posts harping back to Sam are completely misguided.

That said, today was a terrible performance. No excuse for Steve Kean or the players.

tony gale said

" Personally, I miss the days when Sam Allardyce and John Williams would run this club in a sensible way on and off the pitch and most importantly where we got results on the pitch. Where ultimately although the football wasn't riveting, people would still go home happy that we'd won. That's a perfectly legitimate position to have, and whilst I won't bring up our old manager in threads like this, if people try and claim that this era is an improvement on that then with this being a discussion board, I'll point out to them why it wasn't. "

Agree with all that.

Nothing particularly against Kean, it's not entirely his fault he's been put in a situation he's not well equipped to handle.

It's a shame , under Sam the season was building nicely for an improvement on last year's impressive 10th place finish, and now just at the moment we're looking to scramble enough points to stay up at best, with a novice manager trying to learn the job from scratch.

Olsson - Completely ineffective as a left back. Furthermore, playing him here takes away so much creativity from the side.

Salgado - Embarrassing to the badge. His legs have gone. He is two yards behind the Premier League. In a sport were the difference between success and failure is measured in inches, it is not good enough.

Roberts - This boy belongs in the Championship.

Kalinic - Will never make it at this level. I've never been wrong about a striker (see the Di Santo thread).

Santa Cruz - I was delighted that we brought him back but I was naive towards the fact that he is made of glass.

Kean - Non-sensical and often downright odd tactics. Even the players seem to confused about their role. Still largely undecided on him but I cannot help but think that this is what happens when you hire a coach to do a manager's job (See: Brian Kidd). Today you could be forgiven for thinking that Mr Ince was making a cameo as manager.

Venkys - I came back to an E-mail saying that the current Venky's summer budget is another £5,000,000. Hurray.

As Kamy has said we have two weeks now for Kean to get the players on the training ground and work with them. We should have our new signings closer to playing and Jones close to full fitness too.

Poor performance today and the formation is quite clearly not working and as LeChuck has said we need to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, the diamond is not working with the players that we have.

I (cant believe that I am saying it) am praying that Givet is fit for the next game as he his badly missed.

Archived