BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roar & Roarina

cletus

My girlfriend`s son asked where the mascots have disappeared to on match days? :huh:

Does anybody know?

I reckon if Roar & Roarina have been retired from active duty, Venkys could possibly introduce a new Bernie Clifton-style chicken mascot....

08541184_1.jpg

a giant chicken with somebody in a rovers shirt riding it :unsure:

(btw...i`m not being serious)

• Backroom

They have been retired due to the bad press associated with one of the men inside the roar costume. They will most likely be replaced before the new season.

I don't see why we should pay anyone to dress up in a lion suit.

We should make it a punishment/incentive for the worst player of the week to have to wear it. It's a win-win. Players will try a little harder to avoid the shame and Keith Andrews will have a purpose in life for a bit.

We should make it a punishment/incentive for the worst player of the week to have to wear it. It's a win-win. Players will try a little harder to avoid the shame and Keith Andrews will have a purpose in life for a bit.

Brilliant! :tu:

Its something I would expect from Holloway. :D

Guys, you're talking about an on going court case which public speculation could influence.

Here is the LET story

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/blackburndarwenhyndburnribble/8439846.Blackburn_Rovers_lion_mascot_in__child_sex_arrest_/?ref=rss

... and anything not mentioned in that needs to be proved fact before being mentioned here.

I know it's all nice and politically correct to have a male and female mascot, but is Roarina really necessary?

She looks like a blue and white cow. It's embarrassing.

No idea where they've gone though.

She was better at football than Roar when they used to take pens at the BBE :lol:

Ah bugger. My lad carries his roar teddy around with him and was looking forward to seeing him when he goes to a match (another year off yet at least).

He talks about seeing him more than the football - but I found this a great way to brainwash him into supporting us.

Ah well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

He will be with my air rifle.

I don't see why we need a new mascot, surely all we need is a new man to go inside the outfit?

People assocciate the news with the character though not the man inside.

I imagine most of the entrants will be chickens, in reality nothing lends itself easily to us so we should have a dog, called Rover, who lives at Ewood Bark. Hopefully kids have better idea's than I do :wacko:

• Backroom

Not literally but just look at the telegraph article, there's a huge pic of Roar and the court case isn't something Rover's want to be continually associated with the club, quite understandable really.

Put Cocker in a costume :lol:

Some would say my going out clothes are enough of a costume that I wouldnt need to dress up.

Does anyone remember Arte? It was a big blackburn badge that walked around - not good for windy days though.

I am sure I have a picture somewhere.

I really fear we're going to end up with a chicken :(

Rover the dog sounds a good idea.

That Villa mascot was annoying me last week, moth eaten looking thing I shudder to think what might have been lurking in it's mane.

Archived