BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Saving Blackburn Rovers

BPF

I thought it would be best to post this in a new thread.

Can we take any action to show Venkys that there are so many fans with the same thoughts, there is clearly something wrong. I believe that there are two main options:

1. On this messageboard there are members that possess Mrs Desai's personal E-mail address. As I said on the other thread, they will angrily disregard any individual E-mails that come through the Venky's website. However, what if there were hundreds of comments sent on an official petition. We could then take this, put it together and send it directly to her, to Kentaro and to Kean himself. This well organised and highly constructive petition might just be enough to make them question what their advisors are telling them.

2. We sit back and hope that events will just work themselves out. We have been so lucky to have Guardian Angels looking after us in the past, they have left us now and we need to show the new owners that when the majority of fans are in agreement over a subject, they must be listened to.

So, you can instantly disregard this thread and lose all respect in me if you wish but I am suggesting the following:

i) Under this comment you write your concerns about the current management. I want you to keep the thoughts highly constructive and please write them formally. Please do not badmouth Venkys directly, praise them wherever possible.

ii) I'll then get Mrs Desai's E-mail and send the comments to her, to Kentaro and to Steve Kean.

I hate to be dramatic but I feel that if we don't do something, the situation could get worse, very quickly.

Anyway, you might totally disagree with this and if so, that's fine.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i) Under this comment you write your concerns about the current management. I want you to keep the thoughts highly constructive and please write them formally. Please do not badmouth Venkys directly, praise them wherever possible.

Do me a favour, Venky's have made mistake after mistake since buying the football club. They clearly don't have the knowledge to carry out the task alone, yet opt to make the best chairman in English football redundant. Their pig headed stubbornness is going to make them an infamous laughing stock in this country, and they will be remembered as the people who destroyed Blackburn Rovers. Of course, this wont be until we're lying towards the bottom of League Two and they've run off back to India with their tails between their legs.

If they have been/ are using an agent as an advisor than this magnifies their complete lack of understanding to European football. Why are agents involved in football? TO MAKE MONEY. So, with this in mind, what will Kentaro's advice be tailored to achieve? MAKING THEMSELVES MONEY. Fairly obvious isn't it?

I thought these people had a business brain? Their absolute naivety is leaving everybody open jawed. Who in their right mind would buy a business and then put in charge a man who has no experience doing the job you're appointing him for? This in one of the most cut throat and difficult leagues to manage in anywhere in the world.

Venky's need to wake up and smell the coffee. They need to adapt to the cultural aspect of accepting criticism, as if they think them and their opinions are bullet proof, they are going to crash and burn very quickly.

Oh, but well done on the Chicken business, your Royal Highness.

two big games coming, we were always likely to lost at Villa

Doing anything now is crazy when we have a chance of winning though games

if we lose both we will probably go down.

even if we protest nonody would care, look at pouthmouth, nobody cares.

Just hope we get enough replies to this (bear in mind its a sunday)

FAO Mrs Desai: First of all thank you for buying Blackburn Rovers and promising to provide much needed funds so the club can compete for honours. I would like to let you know and I am sure you are aware that if Blackburn Rovers are relegated the income the club will receive will be far less requiring more of your own money to be spent keeping the club running. Can I suggest that you and your brothers get together, seek out an accomplished manager and if Balaji wants a marquee signing then look for a high profile manager - it wont sell shirts but having a high profile manager will increase the media spotlight both for Blackburn Rovers and Venkys, allowing the club to sign top players further increasing the brand awareness for both businesses

Dear Mrs Desai,

I have followed Blackburn Rovers for over 50 years, been involved in football as a player and coach for a number of years and do feel reasonably qualified to make the following obsevations regarding the position at Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

From being a highly respected member of the Barclays Premier League we are quickly becomeing the laughing stock throughout football, I dont doubt your integrity or reasons for buying Rovers, I do however feel you have been very badly advised.

You have dispensed with a respected manager who is an expert in keeping clubs of our size in a respectable league position, you have by taking away the dignity and duties of the most respected chairman in English football, divided the clubs support and in turn have replaced the manager with an inexperienced person to take over the role of manager and performances, tactics, team selection etc. clearly show he is not up to the job, by reading the BRFCS messageboard you will see the anger from Rovers supporters and almost all are now in agreement that the manager is unable to produce either performances or results.

To continue in this vain will most definately result in relegation and your investment will become almost worthless unless you are prepared to throw 20 or 30 million pounds sterling to get us out of the hole we are in.

I understand we are from different cultures, I write out of respect and love of Blackburn Rovers Football club, this is not disrespect but common sense, in Europe, things are handled differently, a manager of a football club must have the authority to decide his own transfer targets, tactics and personell, this is why they are highly paid, they are knowledgable and have been involved in football many years.

With respect, you have little knowledge of football and the football world over here are viewing your tenure at Rovers as a joke, we are heading for relegation, we have no chairman or leader and worst of all a manager who is clearly out of his depth.

I ask that you look at this situation immediately before its too late, bring in an experienced manager and allow him to manage this football club.

Kelbo 27.2.11

Ok, Perhaps I should clarify.

Praise was too strong of a term. What I mean is that a document full of professional comments is more likely to have an effect whereas a document with chicken stranglers mentioned every fifteen words might be disregarded.

The owners have to admit that they made a mistake in appointed Kean long term. And say right we are going to appoint a proven manager now and allow him to work with the chairman and the owners. it is always better to admit that you were wrong about something than just carry on as normal because you can't admit them.

We lost a proven PL Manager and replace him with a manager with no experience.

we lost the best chairman in the PL in John Williams and we haven't replaced him yet. Who is running the club now? Is it Tom Finn now? are you going to appointed him as Chairman full time?

I went to the last 2 away games and was left Mad, angry and dispointed by the manager and players. The players look downhearted and lost on the pitch like they don't know what they are suppose to do.

I have support Blackburn Rovers 21 years, and some of the last few games have to be some of the worse I've ever seen. They are up there with some of Kidd and Ince games.

Think you got to get rid of Kentaro/JA as advisors now. They are telling you the wrong things about the way to run the club.

Why not have a meeting with some rovers fans who are season ticket holders and go to the away games?

I like their plans for the Club and how the wanted to follow the Arsene Wenger model at Arsenal. not a problem with that. We need a proven manager to implement that Philosophy and change of the club to that.

Guest linganzi

its baffling as to how much they have underestimated how to run a top football club, it is as if they are imposters. They have also made too many unkeepable promises. Maybe sam had to go, maybe JW didnt fit in, ok, bur the way things have happened is absurd

even if we protest nonody would care, look at pouthmouth, nobody cares.

I was thinking similar. I've read that the Premier League are fidgetting somewhat whilst watching recent events at Blackburn. The Premier Leagues fingers will be crossed that we go down. Their rules about 'fit and proper' and agent involvement are becoming blurred by us. I'm sure that the best thing for them by a mile is to see us relegated so that we become somebody elses problem. We can expect no help from them, we are on our own.

I was thinking similar. I've read that the Premier League are fidgetting somewhat whilst watching recent events at Blackburn. The Premier Leagues fingers will be crossed that we go down. Their rules about 'fit and proper' and agent involvement are becoming blurred by us. I'm sure that the best thing for them by a mile is to see us relegated so that we become somebody elses problem. We can expect no help from them, we are on our own.

And Newcastle still have that fat idiot, Ashley. All the demo's in teh world didn't shift his lardy arse.

Ok, Perhaps I should clarify.

Praise was too strong of a term. What I mean is that a document full of professional comments is more likely to have an effect whereas a document with chicken stranglers mentioned every fifteen words might be disregarded.

i was prepered to give steve kean a chance and after the liverpool game thought he was going to be a good manager. i went to villa park yesterday and clearly the players seem disinterested. he made a mistake bin playing roque up front on his own and nelsen in his state of mind. watching him on the touvh line reminded me oif how paul ince was. there was plenty of talk on the coach that venkys have a hiden agenda. what that is we dont know

• Backroom

They must surely know that their advisors, whoever they are, have completely failed them in every possible respect.

Sacking Allardyce mid-season and installing a complete novice was one of the biggest mistakes they could possibly have made, an absolutely suicidal maneuvere which could very well see us relegated. Advisors or not, how can any person with any remote fragment of common sense believe it is a good idea to sack an experienced manager and replace him with a total novice in the best and most difficult league in the country, and arguably the world?

Positive thinking doesn't gain results. Experience, tactical intelligence and leadership does. Three qualities Kean does not seem to possess. Venky's have screwed up spectacularly, and to be honest I'm not sure there's a way out of it. Allardyce is unlikely to come back and I don't think they'd have him back. JW is gone and won't be coming back. Who else is going to save us? Diego Maradona?

I think it's too late now.

sending emails or doing a petition won't do anything.

maybe if nobody but away fans turned up at home games then maybe that would do something...

I can't work Venkys out... being a family run biz I thought they would have a better start than this, having it splashed in the .edia that they are billionaires then spending what we normally do in a transfer window just goes to show how much they are willing to spend...

I don't see what Venkys agenda is, are they using us to show what a mockery English football really is? the way Venkys are behaving really fits in with football anyway, nobody can be trusted....

Fans are always going to keep turning up to support the team - so i cant see that working either. Protests outside the club before and after matches are probably the only means of showing them whats what. They will get bad press which they dont want and should rectify the situation

Afternoon all, it's been a while.

Mrs Desai

On purchasing Blackburn Rovers Football Club you have….

1. Attended one match, your first ever football match. Will you be coming to any others? If they are anything like the last few I have watched involving Blackburn Rovers I really wouldn’t bother.

2. Taken out a mortgage against the assets of the football club. It’s in the public domain but we don’t like to talk about it.

3. Had us linked with Ronaldinho, Maradona, Dixie Dean and God knows who else – making us a laughing stock within the game.

4. Dismissed Sam Allardyce, a man whose experience and know how would have ensured that we would have comfortably survived in this division (although his style of football wasn’t easy on the eye it beats relegation and financial meltdown every day of the week. Doesn’t it?).

5. “Dismissed” John Williams. A man who despite talking of retiring, I would have thought it essential, make that critical and your number one priority, for you to have kept on and sought his advice. Particularly as you admit to not knowing anything about the game. That would have been your best signing.

6. Employed a complete novice with zero managerial experience on a long term contract. A contract awarded for results gained during the “honeymoon period”? Or the fact he flew to India to see you? A man who is on the books of SEM / Kentaro.

7. Employed an assistant manager, a man completely unknown to the manager. A man who is also on the books of SEM / Kentaro.

8. Continue to take advice from SEM / Kentaro. Akin to putting a fox in charge of the chicken pen you must surely agree? Agents telling a football club which players they should buy!? “Well I wouldn’t buy him, he’s rubbish, I know he’s on our books but don’t go for him.” You’ve not had that conversation with your “advisors” yet have you?

9. Purchased two completely unknown footballers for a sum in excess of £3.5m who have yet to kick a ball for us. Any agent’s fees involved in this by the way?

10. Brought in two loan players who will cost the football club approximately £4m in wages for a 6 month period. This when, as I’m sure you are well aware, our wage bill to turnover ratio is too high. You might want to read this by the way - UEFA Rules

I’m sure I’ve missed some other highlights.

So with this in mind…

Will you sack Steve Kean if performances continue to be as abjectly poor? Sorry to say it (and I might be a couple of weeks early in saying it) but that could well become an option for you if we are to survive. It looked yesterday as though he had “lost the dressing room” and I don’t mean geographically.

In paying up Steve Kean’s long term contract, you would have to if you sacked him, he will be made for life (I wonder if any of Kean’s settlement would go to his agents?). I would hazard a guess and say that this is a man who you employed with a CV that wouldn’t have got him to the interview stage for any other Premier League Managers job. Were you aware of that? Who on earth told you he would be a good manager, a "safe choice"? Although I have serious doubts, he may well be a success yet, but just what did you base the decision on? Hope? However he is a thinker apparently. You’ve got to give him that.

Would I be correct in making the assumption that you will be paying any settlement from your own pockets? Or will there be more debt involved for Blackburn Rovers? You could always use the mortgage money? Or is that just for emergencies? Did you pay off the club’s debt by the way?

Sorry for asking, but it really is my business as I and many, many others love this football club dearly, but no one from the local paper appears to have asked, or the Daily Mirror come to think of it. How are you funding all this? Why the mortgage?

You know we didn’t have any money with the previous owners, another thing that we didn’t have though was unmanageable debt.

As I have written all of the above I am making one big assumption; that you actually care about the welfare and long term future of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. I do have my doubts.

Knee jerk reaction....I always expected us to lose at Villa awat, with or without big Sam.

The next 2 games are key - minimum 3 points needed, 4 would be good, 6 excellent.

Still not worried and people need to SUPPORT thier club, NOT abandon it!

Ms Desai, in one of your interviews recently you stated that your Father said you can make three mistakes out of Ten and succeed as long as the mistakes are not repeated, well Ms Desai you are about to make the costliest mistake BRFC has experiences since 1999, by not learning from your first mistake, the writing was on the wall then as it is now, after appointing a top coach as Manager with no experience, he too was a good worker, no doubt spending long hours on the training pitches with the players and even sharing a laugh and a joke with them.

You say you want the best for BRFC, as we all do, You say you want to improve the club in all areas, we all do, you say you want the club to challenge for a top four position in the future we all do.

Can you or your advisor's name one top flight club in Europe that has appointed a Manager with no previous experience and fulfilled their expectations, as far as I know the answer to that is NO!. Would you appoint the Purser as captain of a new luxury ocean liner you had bought to steer it through the strait of Malakka, No! you would not, you would select the best Captain with the most experience for the job in hand and there lies the root cause of the problem you about to encounter.

Mistake 1: Badly timed sacking of a manager that would have kept the club safe until the summer when a top class manager capable of bringing the success and football you disire to the club we all love so dearly.

Mistake 2: Appointing on a full time basis a football coach as the Manager of our club.

Mistake 3: Allowing JW to leave the club for what ever reason, untill the club had been stabilized under your ownership.

Mistake 4: Well that is pending action, action which needs to come soon rather than later, with the correct action and appointment of a Manager! you could save what is left of this season and once again start next season in the only league that can fulfil your goals for BRFC.

The mistakes all follow the same theme, unless '4' is acted out quickly you have not learned the lesson your father so wisely preached.

Last season we finished in mid table, at best we could be looking at 17th, that alone is going to cost circa £5m, who will want to sponsor a club in the Championship yet more revenue losses, season ticket sales and attendances will drop by 1/3 at least, in short all revenue streams are reduced, your brother can forget his marquee signing and any other player that is currently on the list for next season, in other words flush the business plan you have down the toilet.

Take a look through the lower leagues at clubs that played in the Premier league such as Charlton, Norwich City, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, and others see how long it can take to regain the status of a Premier league football and if that does not make up your mind then calculate the cost, the parachute payments wont go far with all the new contracts that have been handed out since Mr Kean was installed as Manager.

Save our club now, tomorrow may never come.

Rovers till I die, are you?.

Archived