BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Saving Blackburn Rovers

BPF

Dear Mrs. Desai,

When you took over the Rovers, most supporters gave you a cautious welcome, they realized that sustained investment in the team was needed if the club was to stay in the EPL and make progress.

As I am sure you are aware, running a successful business is all about taking decisions, short term, long term, day to day, strategic etc. You took the decision to buy Blackburn Rovers and become involved in the EPL, in the expectation that this would, in the medium to long term, complement your other businesses.

You had no experience in managing an EPL football club and sought advice from third party consultants. Unfortunately, the club now appears to be weaker both on and off the field. Sacking Sam Allardyce and allowing John Williams to leave was ill advised, in taking this action you have lost a lot of experience. The transfer activity in January has not contributed to improving team performances in the short term and the squad seem to lack both confidence and direction.

It is a dilemma, if you do nothing there is a risk the Rovers could be relegated. But you need to take action, which will bring some confidence back into the team and generate winning performances on the field. If you can swallow your pride and get Sam and John back in, that would be the best solution. If you are not prepared to loose face, then I hope you have a better idea !

A concerned supporter for more than 50 years.

Danny

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venkys have to realise that things are going massive wrong on and off the field. If they make mistakes then amdit to them and learn from them. we all make them. nobody is perfect!

Owners have to get rid of Kean and Jensen asap and get us a proper manager in. Let Tom Finn create a shortlist for them who would be interest in taking over.

The owners have to stop listening to Kentaro and Jerome Anderson. Only talk to the club board and have experience of running a PL club. Kentaro and JA do not!!!

Appointed A Chairman and let him run the Club and let Venkys provide the money for Wages and Transfer fees. I don't have a problem with them being involved and they should be and watching games, but have to listen to the fans and senior management at rovers.

Venky's listen to us and our views please. We want the best for rovers aswell!!!

Can we do anything to help the Rovers at the moment? I think there are a few things we could do:

1. Wait until the season is over before letting the negativity flow onto the pitch.

2. Avoid booing our own players during a game.

3. Remember we support the Rovers, not the opposition and raise our voices to help the team in Blue and White.

4. Recognise that changing the manager now is not a good idea, like it or not we need to stick with Kean for now.

5. If you can't do the above consider staying away from Ewood, clubs in trouble need every bit of positivity as possible.

Good post.

What matters at the moment is survival in the prem. We have to get behind the players, no matter who is in the squad on the day. We may not agre with the side that has been picked or the substitutions that come on.

Two season ago Rovers were at Fulham and won 2 1 - I think two seasons ago. Rovers conceeded a goal very early, but fought hard and got the result. I was at that game and remember the support was fantastic, it is that spirit on an off the field that we need at the moment. Hope to meet folk on here at Fulham next week and cheer on the team, cos boy do they need it now.

Video:- http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=12654593&r=tw&c=38

Written:- http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6777567,00.html

the most interesting bit of the interview for me was that Rovers owners use Kentaro and Jerome Anderson to find a buyer for the club.

Also this bit in the written interview where it says 'Kean himself is here for the forseeable future having been publicly assured by the club's owner Anuradha Desai that he will be in charge at least to the end of the season.'

I thought he had a contract for 2 and half contract and not till the end of the season. Maybe the owners will review his position at the end of the season insert into the contract that he signed. Maybe the owners have somebody line up as manager to take over in the summer. (I hope so)

Plus John Jensen is only till the end of the season aswell. intersting.

I don't think it's a case of defending them, it's a case of giving them a chance to prove that they can do a good job. They can't change the club overnight, it takes time.

You are absolutely right that it takes time Tim..............but it sure as hell helps if you are actually heading in the right direction.

The best thing that could happen IMO is that if BPF does what he said he will do in the first post of this thread, And I would suggest that he should simply refer Mrs Desai to this thread and let her read it for herself. Perhaps a quick resume' of the Aston Villa thread too (post match only) would help as well.

Have you done a complete U turn there or am I mistaken?

Theno, as we have discussed before I was all for getting rid of Allardyce as I found the football apalling - though I also stated he was a safe pair of hands. I expected a top class managerial appointment - we got Kean. I gave him the benefit of the doubt as the optimist in me hoped it would work out. During the Newcastle game it was clear he was an imposter. Yesterday confirmed the guy as Ince mark 2. Within weeks the guy has adopted a more negative approach than Allardyce. As Chris kamara would say.....Unbelievable Geoff!

U turn? not really. Accepting the most likely outcome of Kean's appointment- definitely.

Christ, I've even found myself agreeing with some of your comments on other threads. Perhaps I am now becoming enlightened. :blink:

Something you should understand madam.

"When a camel is at the foot of a mountain then judge of his height."

"Dig ones well before thirsty"

Sam was a mistake, Mr. Williams - a bigger one, Kean - the largest to date. I fear terribly what the encore will be.

Whoever is advising you, fire him; it is your brothers deaden your ears to them. You have been successful, that is not luck, do not believe agents - they will stab you in the back to sell the iron from your blood.

Do what is right and do it quickly; football is a slippery, unforgiving slope. Your club is in freefall, pull the cord.

The one big thing Venky's should take on board is the success of Birmingham. Look at how they have handled investment and how the board hold themselves. You never hear about them in the press sounding off. Build through success, not create failure through rushed change. Give us a proper manager!

Alex McLeish is a good manager and brimingham are a good team. Venkys should be looking at Birmangham City has a model for the way they should run BRFC!

Let's the manager and chairman run the club and the owner supply's the cash for wages and transfer fees!

Thats the way any football club should be run. don't the owners being involved but it should be down to the manager to sign players and coaching staff

Alex McLeish is a good manager and brimingham are a good team. Venkys should be looking at Birmangham City has a model for the way they should run BRFC!

Let's the manager and chairman run the club and the owner supply's the cash for wages and transfer fees!

Thats the way any football club should be run. don't the owners being involved but it should be down to the manager to sign players and coaching staff

Do you really think Carson Yeung lets Big Eck do what he wants? If you are writing the cheques you expect some involvement. No different at any football club.

• Backroom

Are we really lavishing praise upon the same Birmingham City that have 2 less points than us so far?

They did well today, but a cup final is a cup final. Overall they've been just as poor as us, if not more so, so far this season.

I think that is already happening given that Birmingham were relegated after McLeish was appointed in the previous November and his January signings made no impact whatsoever.

Dear Mrs Desai,

I hope you watched the delight of Mr Yeung of Birmingham City when his club won the Carling Cup this afternoon. For most Rovers fans, we have been there, done that and won the Premier League as well and we all hope that you will share that amazing feeling of sporting success with us very soon too.

But please look at what Mr Yeung has and has not done. He delayed buying Brmingham by some 15 months until he was certain he had the liquid funds to do the job properly. He has kept faith with an enormously respected but somewhat controversial manager who was already at the club. He has a proper club chairman. He has not been associated with bringing marquee signings to Birmingham although if he smashed open his piggy bank he could probably sign one. In other words he has quietly learned what being the owner of a Premier League club is all about and reasoned that what wasn't broken didn't need fixing. He backed his Manager with relatively modest cash and two signings made during his ownership scored the Cup winning goals and another was the Man of the Match.

Now sadly, what was not broken at Ewood is broken. You have a problem in your trusted football advisor also having an over-riding commercial loyalty and duty to represent the Manager you need to remove from his post- and his deputy as well. That is not an easy position to find yourself in and the reason why your brothers had to sign an undertaking with the Premier League to avoid such an awful situation. But you cannot have achieved what you have done in business without taking the tough and the right decisions.

Football in the Premier League is a phenomenally tough and unforgiving business. The slightest weakness is ruthlessly exposed and exploited and your admitted lack of knowledge and experience in football in this foreign land should have been hidden whilst you rapidly assimilated the realities and the privileges of owning a Premier League club. You still have incredibly good people at Rovers in the continuing directors- use them and their advice wisely and you will safely negotiate away from the dangers of relegation which sadly would likely lead to the total loss of your £54m.

Looking on the bright side, the foundations in terms of facilities, passionate support and brilliant young players exist at Rovers for you to enjoy at least one day like Mr Yeung is enjoying today but to see such days you need much better people on the football management side than you are turning to for advice and managing now.

With very best wishes,

Philip

Do you really think Carson Yeung lets Big Eck do what he wants? If you are writing the cheques you expect some involvement. No different at any football club.

Yes. Yeoung is the front of an investment group so not all the money is his but he allows McLiesh to have complete control over transfer targets and team selection. What all good boards and owners do.

If you get success there is your reward, look at all the teams with owners who meddle in first team affairs and you'll see a pattern of failure.

Just a random question

What will actually happen if we go down? Will we do a Newcastle/West Brom or a Charlton? If so, why?

The whole thing is terrifying me. We weren't going to stay in the Prem forever, so was it just a case of 'when' the club fell apart? (most seem to agree relegation will cripple us).

Just a random question

What will actually happen if we go down? Will we do a Newcastle/West Brom or a Charlton? If so, why?

The whole thing is terrifying me. We weren't going to stay in the Prem forever, so was it just a case of 'when' the club fell apart? (most seem to agree relegation will cripple us).

Just my opinion but I think we'll make Charlton look like a success story. I've a feeling any parachute payments will disappear and our downward plunge will hit terminal velocity.

Good post.

What matters at the moment is survival in the prem. We have to get behind the players, no matter who is in the squad on the day. We may not agre with the side that has been picked or the substitutions that come on.

Two season ago Rovers were at Fulham and won 2 1 - I think two seasons ago. Rovers conceeded a goal very early, but fought hard and got the result. I was at that game and remember the support was fantastic, it is that spirit on an off the field that we need at the moment. Hope to meet folk on here at Fulham next week and cheer on the team, cos boy do they need it now.

The difference 2 years ago was that we were already in recovery following a much needed change of management.

I agree about getting behind the team at the matches but you have to look at the bigger picture and it's not disloyal to call for change.

• Backroom

Just a random question

Under the Trust relegation would have been crippling to us.

Under Venky's, difficult to say. Moderate investment would go a fair way in the Championship (though Ipswich have spent nearly 20M in the past two seasons and have nothing to show for it) but would Venky's have any interest in us if we were relegated? I don't think they'd be able to up sticks and leave, but whether they'd provide the neccessary funds to get us back up is a question nobody can really answer. I'd like to think so, but with this lot who honestly knows?

Archived