BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Saving Blackburn Rovers

BPF

I'm a teacher.

Ex marketing employee of a number of large companies ranging from Jack Daniels to The Mirror.

I'm sorry that I only post snippets but I get told how much I'm allowed to say and if I say more, I'll lose the contact. It's as easy as that recently.

Without wishing you to betray any confidences - do you agree that Kean has lost the dressing room ? Personally I think you can view the display at Villa in two ways :-

1. He has lost the dressing room (as many are saying)

2. It is yet another away day disaster that has blighted the club for the last two managers.

Personally I think it will be 2 - but I wasn't at the game, and have no personal insight into what the players are saying at the moment. Though I do find it interesting that no little snippets have come out of the dressing room in the way they did under Ince.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without wishing you to betray any confidences - do you agree that Kean has lost the dressing room ? Personally I think you can view the display at Villa in two ways :-

2. It is yet another away day disaster that has blighted the club for the last two managers.

Personally I think it will be 2 - but I wasn't at the game, and have no personal insight into what the players are saying at the moment. Though I do find it interesting that no little snippets have come out of the dressing room in the way they did under Ince.

I'd say 1.

I don't believe he has lost the dressing room. I believe he is lost in the dressing room. The players seem to be trying for him and giving him a chance, but there is no deep rooted confidence or belief.

There is nothing worse as a player than a lack of direction, conflicting messages, uncertainty and confusion. When absolutely nothing makes sense and you don't know your arse from your elbow.

Being successful at professional sport often revolves around small percentages and minute detail. Once confusion sets in and players lose the ability to play instinctively, in roles they fully understand, those small advantages are lost.

We are absolutely all over the place. It is disgraceful when you think about it. Settled and steady away in mid-table, with a run of attractive looking fixtures ahead, a rounded look to the squad in the roles required, team harmony and spirit, a long-established and proven manager and with new money to spend. Bonkers.

I'm not sure he ever had the dressing room.

According to my sources which I posted immediately after the sacking of Allardyce, there was loads of discontent but of course they all have new contracts now, are there gagging orders within them, I wonder who negotiated them on behalf of Rovers, JW didnt ??????????

My own view is that there is a serious issue within the club, one that cannot be resolved, one that Kean may be central to and one that he has failed to get control of.

Right now Rovers are in freefall, heading down and the fall is spiralling out of control. Rovers are the club that is finding itself eating away at itself and before too long we will be firmly ensconced in the bottom 3, FFS even wham are making a fist of a fight in getting some results. As it stands right now Rovers couldnt win versus Darwen blind school.

WE are a club in TURMOIL

We are absolutely all over the place. It is disgraceful when you think about it. Settled and steady away in mid-table, with a run of attractive looking fixtures ahead, a rounded look to the squad in the roles required, team harmony and spirit, a long-established and proven manager and with new money to spend. Bonkers.

Absolutely how I feel. It is complete idiocy of the highest order.

I agree with that. The players don't believe in him or his tactics. and results have gone worse since John Jensen came in January. His reign totally reminds me of the Ince era. a couple of good results and alot of losses.

Can we do anything to help the Rovers at the moment? I think there are a few things we could do:

1. Wait until the season is over before letting the negativity flow onto the pitch.

2. Avoid booing our own players during a game.

3. Remember we support the Rovers, not the opposition and raise our voices to help the team in Blue and White.

4. Recognise that changing the manager now is not a good idea, like it or not we need to stick with Kean for now.

5. If you can't do the above consider staying away from Ewood, clubs in trouble need every bit of positivity as possible.

You are 100% right Roversider. Unfortunately we have passed the point of no return this season. There is nothing that can be done right now to change the course we are on, we will end up where we end up. So when you're sinking in quicksand stop struggling, sit tight and wait for help to turn up, all this thrashing about will only make a bad situation worse.

I posted in the Fulham thread that I am one of the most vocal dissenters in this current state of affairs but if we really care about the club and not just about being able to say - see I was right, I told you so - we need to park all this revolution stuff and just support the team. They are the Cavalry, there's no one else who can ride to our rescue in the time that remains to us.

Let's reflect on this stuff in the close season, in the interim nothing else matters but supporting the team loudly from the stands.

According to my sources which I posted immediately after the sacking of Allardyce, there was loads of discontent but of course they all have new contracts now, are there gagging orders within them, I wonder who negotiated them on behalf of Rovers, JW didnt ??????????

I believe it is even worse.

Every Rovers player used to have a contract which had a relegation clause in it.

Some genius thought such a clause was not needed when giving 30 something players bumper new extensions if rumours are to be believed.

Come on you guys who were berating me, please produce the evidence that there wasn't a serious problem with a number of players following the sacking of Sam and please convince me that there are relegation terms in the extended contracts.

It is no fun posting that the club which I have followed all my life is completely making a mess of all the fundamentals of being a football club.

Every Rovers player used to have a contract which had a relegation clause in it.

Some genius thought such a clause was not needed when giving 30 something players bumper new extensions if rumours are to be believed.

Come on you guys who were berating me, please produce the evidence that there wasn't a serious problem with a number of players following the sacking of Sam and please convince me that there are relegation terms in the extended contracts.

It is no fun posting that the club which I have followed all my life is completely making a mess of all the fundamentals of being a football club.

It isn't incumbent upon anyone to produce evidence that there wasn't a serious problem with a number of players when you haven't produced any hard evidence to the contrary.

Pedersen and Roberts have been happy to make positive comments in the public domain completely voluntarily. Roberts doesn't have to tweet, Pedersen can (and does) blog about other things than football.

Either you know there aren't relegation terms in those contracts or you don't. There are enough areas of concern as it is without you going off on another tangent based on a rumour. A fair amount of what you said would happen simply hasn't. Nobody sensible holds that against you, things change but demanding evidence from other posters is a bit bloody rich.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse it just did. Now it's not just about ignominy of being relegated but the total bankruptcy/death of the club.

This is a death of a thousand cuts. With each new revelation in this saga we suffer yet another slash. Please tell me we are nearing the end Philip and that there's nothing more to come out, I can't stands no more.

I can think of nothing better to say than to repeat that we should try to keep our anger off the players shoulders and support them like never before.

I'm boiling mad but will try to channel that into a bit of steam venting at MH and Duffer at Fulham. Poor sods they've done nothing but I need a focus.

30? surely that can't be right that would include most of the stiffs as well as the senior players, I take it the ones out of contract in the summer still are.

I still don't think that the penny has dropped with some supporters. In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, Rovers are in big, big trouble both on and off (financially, structurally and PR wise, to name but three) the field.

I still don't think that the penny has dropped with some supporters. In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, Rovers are in big, big trouble both on and off (financially, structurally and PR wise, to name but three) the field.

There is only one solution. Somehow we need to try to get the trust back. Because from what I can see Venky's have not only cra-ed on the club, the supporters, the town. But Jack Walker and the Walker Trust. Sadly the latter lost interested and wanted to sell and sadly did so. Because they said they no longer were interested in the club, a sale had to happen.

Somehow supporters have to try to get them interested again.

There is only one solution. Somehow we need to try to get the trust back. Because from what I can see Venky's have not only cra-ed on the club, the supporters, the town. But Jack Walker and the Walker Trust. Sadly the latter lost interested and wanted to sell and sadly did so. Because they said they no longer were interested in the club, a sale had to happen.

Somehow supporters have to try to get them interested again.

Apparently a couple of the Walker family are interested.. Fred and Howard i think

That's right. The future of the club really does lie with them now.

I know you've got a few contacts BPF, but I assure you the money in the Walker family see Blackburn Rovers as one of Jacks biggest disasters, and a complete and utter waste of money.

Archived