BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Message From John Williams

Recently the comments made in the “John Williams Appreciation Thread” were sent to John Williams.

John has kindly replied:

Thank you so much for sending me the BRFCS members comments. Football boardrooms are not normally places where grown men show too much emotion, so you get a bit conditioned to the stiff upper lip way of doing things.

However reading the comments at home I confess to a lump in the throat.

I have often used the expression 'the only thing that is constant is change' and now I am understanding the full practical implications of such sentiments.

Clearly all things come to an end and my time at Rovers I'm afraid ran out. I never planned to leave in the fashion I did but you can't plan everything.

Match days are still a bit difficult for me but I look forward to coming back to Ewood soon.

I thank all the fans for their good wishes and 'tributes' from the bottom of my heart.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 9 months ago I had a one on one meeting with him, the half hour planned ended up being 90 minutes. I came out the meeting more enthused about Rovers than any win on a Saturday could provide.

This man knew his club, their fans and English football like no other administrator in the game and it is an absolute disgrace the way he has been treated.

Thanks for everything John.

yep, thanks for all the good work JW. Never one to not reply to an email, whether it was through his PA or himself. Good man, and really wish he had not left, but i wish him everything of the best. :brfcsmilie:

yep, thanks for all the good work JW. Never one to not reply to an email, whether it was through his PA or himself. Good man, and really wish he had not left, but i wish him everything of the best. :brfcsmilie:

Brilliant man. Just wondering if there is something in the "looking forward to coming back to ewood soon" comment.

Doubt it, but it's nice to know how much teh club means to him.

Hope he comes to a match when the owners are present. The whole ground will be singing "there's only one John Williams". The owners will really be embarrassed - at their own business, as well.

Strange, JW to me is Blackburn Rovers, well respected and is truly missed as both a person and Chairman, I can tell you in all honesty, they players loved him and he was always available for them.

Michael Laudrup made wonderful comments about him too, well respected everywhere.

Hope to see you soon at Ewood.

Brilliant man. Just wondering if there is something in the "looking forward to coming back to ewood soon" comment.

You could read even more into his use of the phrase "change is constant" but there has been to much of that in recent months.

When you get rid of someone like JW, bridges are burned.

It's so completely ridiculous the way one of the best chairmen in English football has been treated by those pathetic owners we now have.

How could they not see that he is a real football man with a real passion for the game, and an outstanding knowledge of our football club.

It's very rare on this MB that every poster on here would unify in one opinion, but I think we can all agree that BRFC has lost a vital asset to the club.

Thankyou John, true gentleman :brfc:

IMO, puts the Venkys, Anderson and Kean to shame, showing them what what they are.

No one pretended he was perfect and he didn't get everything right, however, sincere with a touch of class.

JW to me is Blackburn Rovers

I couldn't agree more and my real lack of enthusiam for football in the last month of so has I think stemmed from JW departing and the mess our club is in.

JW is a proper man in a industry which has lost a most of them in favour of money and fame grabbers.

Archived