BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Available saviours

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like you to name a better manager at Poyets level who is doing as well as him? He has done a fantastic job so far.

Perhaps I've been a bit harsh, but he's only performed well in League One. There are managers doing very well in the Championship, if we're going to look down the leagues then surely that's the place to look?

I just don't think so many people would be keen on Poyet if he wasn't an attractive name from his playing days.

I hope that our owners have a 'Plan B' as Kean's position will be untenable after Saturday if we lose, or possibly even only manage a draw.

Make no mistake, the crowd will turn on him and it will be unmerciful.

Far better managers down there than him.

Funny isn't it...foreign names always seem more attractive, even when down in the lower leagues.

Paulo Sousa's name was thrown around here a lot when he was at Swansea, turns out he was a dud. Brendan Rodgers has taken them to third this season and not a single person mentions him.

I'll never get why we are biased against managers from this country. Samuel Allardici was right.

Jury is still out on Roggers for me, considering his spell at Reading was very poor. He is one to watch though, but he could very well be managing in the Premier League with Swansea next season.

Simon Grayson is another one with a good pedigree, he's done well with Leeds, on a tight budget and especially after only coming up last season and losing Beckford without any real replacement. He's also nurtured through some good young players.

Chris Houghton would be the ideal choice for our situation, if Kean was to go after the Blackpool game, he would be available, wouldn't demand a massive salary and has already worked under simillar circumstances at Newcastle.

I hope that our owners have a 'Plan B' as Kean's position will be untenable after Saturday if we lose, or possibly even only manage a draw.

Make no mistake, the crowd will turn on him and it will be unmerciful.

Changing the manager at this stage will serve only to secure our relegation, whilst he may take us down anyway, you can't change the manager now, he and the players are our only hope :(

Changing the manager at this stage will serve only to secure our relegation, whilst he may take us down anyway, you can't change the manager now, he and the players are our only hope :(

If we lose on Saturday, and let's bloody well hope we win, Ewood will not be a good place to be for, certainly, Kean and, possibly, the team. Kean will get torn to shreds, his confidence will be shot at and, more importantly, his ability / confidence to lift the players will probably have gone.

IMO, this is the position we are in and shows the folly of our owners in not yielding the axe after the Fulham match.

A manager can't be allowed to manage on a match by match basis. Kean is either good enough or he isn't. IMO, our owners now don't think he is but were not prepared to cough-up for the alternatives almost two weeks ago.

In all aspects of life, you have to have a Plan B and if our owners haven't, we are even deeper in the proverbial than many think!

Let's just hope we win on saturday but if we don't then the fans we turn on Kean and the owners! I don't think the owners will change manager until the summer whatever happens on saturday but they should. But in the summer we have to change manager whatever Division we are IN!

if we stay up then the managers I would go after are:- Martin Jol, Claudio Ranieri, Steve McClaren, Possible Andres Villas Boas, Sven, Ronald Koeman and Chris Hughton.

If we go down, then the managers we should go for are:- Keith Hill, Karl Robinson, Chris Hughton, RDM, Billy Davies and Kenny Jackett.

Forget about Curbishley. Knows the PL and Championship well and has got promotion from the Championship to the PL. and also made Charlton a top 10 club side and the fans wasn't happy with that and He left and look what happened to them. A league 1 side.

If we lose on Saturday, then the fans will have to protest and leave the nice fans tag at home. We have been far too soft, but we have to force him out if he doesn't deliver.

If he goes, 2 men for the short term would be Curbishley and Martin O Neill. They will organise the team from the back, and we will be safe. Tough times

I would genuinely like us to go for Steve McLaren either now or in the summer. He'd do wonders with our young players in developing them and plays decent football. I think he'd be a good fit really, wonder if he'd be up for the challenge?

I would genuinely like us to go for Steve McLaren either now or in the summer. He'd do wonders with our young players in developing them and plays decent football. I think he'd be a good fit really, wonder if he'd be up for the challenge?

each to their own. but god no!

Archived