BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Available saviours

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Available sviours? Any of the following could be our saviour;

Robinson, Bunn, Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet, Emerton, Ollson, Hanley, Jones, Hoilett, Dunn, Grella, Jermain Jones, Pedersen, Morris, N'Zonzi, Potts, Alley, Diouf, Kalinic, Santa Cruz, Benjani, Roberts, Rochina, Formica and even Steve Kean.

Any one of them can save us. Each and every one of them can. So please lets try to give them every reason to do it! Lets just put the talk of change on hold until the summer. The above have got it in them to turn our season around, if we support them as we should.

And above all. Above everyone else, the man i'd love to be our saviour would be Keith 'Travolta' Andrews. I'd bloody love him to save our season. It would be Karma at its best........and it might raise his value!

Jol or Bilic for me. Basically anyone except for Benitez. Just can't stand his whinging and i think he's way overrated. What has he done since leaving Valencia? Nothing much except for a fluke win over Milan. For a club with resources like Liverpool (and Inter), i would expect them to have won more than a FA cup during his reign.

On another note, have anyone noticed that our poorest managers in the last 20 years have last names with just 4 letters? Kidd, Ince, Kean :wstu:

Jol or Bilic for me. Basically anyone except for Benitez. Just can't stand his whinging and i think he's way overrated. What has he done since leaving Valencia? Nothing much except for a fluke win over Milan. For a club with resources like Liverpool (and Inter), i would expect them to have won more than a FA cup during his reign.

On another note, have anyone noticed that our poorest managers in the last 20 years have last names with just 4 letters? Kidd, Ince, Kean :wstu:

Haha. Oddly enough yes I did!

Don't forget Jim Iley.

Surprising not to see Ranieri on that list. F. Leghorn is a nice touch!

Ranieri would also be a good shout. Not being involved in business, how can Rovers get a new manager without having a chairman in place. The only person currently at Rovers capable of doing that role, is Tom Finn. There is nobody else there.

I'd go for Andres Villas-Boas. The new Mourinho. Although I doubt he'd come to us under our present running conditions, nor before he's finished his season with Porto.

Great pick Bobby G he has an amazing CV. Seems to be just what Rovers need. :tu:

Luís André de Pina Cabral de Villas-Boas

He can speak perfect English and has been in a relegation dog fight before.

Great pick Bobby G he has an amazing CV. Seems to be just what Rovers need. :tu:

Luís André de Pina Cabral de Villas-Boas

He can speak perfect English and has been in a relegation dog fight before.

Er can you imangine singing ' Luis Andre de Pina Cabral De Villas, blue and white army'. Match would be finished by the time we sung it.

Why are we discussing this when Kean is staying?

will he be manager at IF we lose against Blackpool. I really hope we beat Blackpool and stay up this season.

Then, in the summer, the owners have to do look at manager situation. Whether they bring in a proven manager and back him with money(about 20 million pounds)or leave Kean in charge and trust him to attract the right players for rovers! Would Kean be better if he had a director of football there! Somebody like an ex manager who has been a DOF before!

We have to appoint a Chairman with a footballing background and I know who I would want!

Also we need to look at sell the deadwood in the squad and buy players who want to play for rovers!

will he be manager at IF we lose against Blackpool. I really hope we beat Blackpool and stay up this season.

Then, in the summer, the owners have to do look at manager situation. Whether they bring in a proven manager and back him with money(about 20 million pounds)or leave Kean in charge and trust him to attract the right players for rovers! Would Kean be better if he had a director of football there! Somebody like an ex manager who has been a DOF before!

We have to appoint a Chairman with a footballing background and I know who I would want!

Also we need to look at sell the deadwood in the squad and buy players who want to play for rovers!

I wish I lived inside your head Chaddy, it must be great. It's a land of plenty were Venky's have £ 20 million to splash on players and all our deadwood can be sold for real money instead of magic beans because nobody else knows they're deadwood. Sweet dreams matey.

As the odds close in on Kean being sacked, and Rovers plummet down the league, thoughts turn to who is available now and who could potentially save us.

The obvious candidates, for me, are:

Martin O'Neill

Big Sam (Yes, we all know he wouldn't come back, he must hate the owners, and he's busy on Twitter.)

Tony Parkes

Graeme Souness

Steve McClaren

Louis van Gaal (assuming Bayern sack him tonight...)

Rafa Benitez

The only one of them who would come to Blackburn now is probably Steve McClaren, or Parkes.

Souness has retired from management, Benitez and Van Gaal have the track record for bigger things, O'Neill wouldn't work for Venky's and neither would Allardyce now.

We should go for Kenny Jackett.

The only one of them who would come to Blackburn now is probably Steve McClaren, or Parkes.

We should go for Kenny Jackett.

I wouldn't have a problem if McClaren was appoint rovers manager.

Kenny Jackett would be a good choice if we went down.

With Leicester probably not going to make the playoffs this season. Wonder if the owners might go and get Sven Eriksson to become Rovers manager if the summer!!!

Gus Poyet? After we stay in the Premiership of course. Otherwise we'll be playing his team!

Far better managers down there than him.

Funny isn't it...foreign names always seem more attractive, even when down in the lower leagues.

Paulo Sousa's name was thrown around here a lot when he was at Swansea, turns out he was a dud. Brendan Rodgers has taken them to third this season and not a single person mentions him.

I'll never get why we are biased against managers from this country. Samuel Allardici was right.

Archived