BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think if Kean was going he would have gone after Fulham.

He didn't get much wrong today to be fair to him although I would have Niko on instead of Mame.

I think like most people I want Kean out but I am at the same time very worried we will go down. I guess I will just have to pray we can scrape together enough points to stay up and then get a decent manager in.

That sums up my feelings exactly.

However, if we stay up, I'm not sure Venky's will sack him. Still... rather have that problem than the alternative.

Sorry 2-2 against Blackpool at Ewood is not good enough. Of course after watching the game 2-2 was a good result.

3 points off bottom of the table and an idiot for a manager does not bode well at all.

Crocky was terrible today, Hoilet and Robinson played well thou.

Your quite right. It is not good enough. It seems to me that Hoilett frighteningly is the only one who is really up for it!!

Just got in. I am physically exhausted too! I confess to actually missing Junior's equaliser, was halfway down Livesey Branch Road when it went in!

Thrilled we pulled it back, we created plenty in the second half, and I would like to think the occasion of today might be something of a "baptism" that will prepare the players for the equally important Birmingham home game.

Off to make a brew.

:brfcsmilie:

Just got in. I am physically exhausted too! I confess to actually missing Junior's equaliser, was halfway down Livesey Branch Road when it went in!

Thrilled we pulled it back, we created plenty in the second half, and I would like to think the occasion of today might be something of a "baptism" that will prepare the players for the equally important Birmingham home game.

Off to make a brew.

:brfcsmilie:

Riverside stand? :-P

How does the manager get away with not beating Blackpool? Just cause we came back from 2-0 down. Come on guys, be smarter than that.

I wonder if I am crazier than I thought?

Can't see how it can be deemed anyway close to acceptable.

I seen to be the minority.

BBC Has us down as 17 shots off target, 17! As most people rightly say first half terrible, second half good, charlie Adams a t.osser, the draw that felt like a win!

Were still deep in the brown stuff, although keans subs made a difference today, why no kalanic when rocky plays like that?

2 pts between 19th and 13th people - hold onto something!

• Backroom

How does the manager get away with not beating Blackpool? Just cause we came back from 2-0 down. Come on guys, be smarter than that.

I wonder if I am crazier than I thought?

Can't see how it can be deemed anyway close to acceptable.

I seen to be the minority.

It's the level we've sunk to with Kean in charge I'm afraid. Might as well get used to it. :(

An absolute shambles.

A big area was cordoned-off outside the official entrance area after the match, clearly protests were expected.

We were very, very lucky, look how many good saves Robbo had to make.

All that happened in the 2nd half is that we resorted to similar tactics as Sam ie direct, long throws etc but not as well structured or organised !!!

Why have a fake copy when you could have had the original !!!

Can't understand this man's substitutions - we are 2-1 down and take off Emerton in order to introduce a THIRD holding midfield player !!!

If Hoilett gets injured, we will simply have no threat.

Kean, IMO, is an absolute joke and simply has to go.

He's got away with nothing in my eyes.

I was beyond going back after the Newcastle game, and I'm a stubborn bugger.

Get rid

Because we were at the game mate.

Let us enjoy tonight at least. Those of us who live and work locally have just had a bit of 'face' saved for Monday morning.

Go and have a beer. We can save the Kean/Venkys/Andrews bashing until tomorrow.

EDIT: for "we" and "us" read "I" and "me". I'd hate to offend anyone. :rolleyes:

• Backroom

We started brightly and got done by an awful refereeing decision which drained the confidence which Kean seemed to reinstill at half time.

Kean cleary up to task but blaming him solely for today isn't fair in my opinion.

If I hadn't been at the game I'd be more angry with the result but the adrenaline is still pumping at the minute, I was virtually crowd surfing when we scored. (sorry if you were one of those I randomly hugged or jumped on)

An absolute shambles.

A big area weas cordoned-off outside the official entrance area, clearly protests were expected.

We were very, very lucky, look how many good saves Robbo had to make.

All that happened in the 2nd half is that we resorted to similar tactics as Sam ie direct, long throws etc but not as well structured or organised !!!

Why have a fake copy when you could have had the original !!!

Can't understand this man's substitutions - we are 2-1 down and take off Emerton in order to introduce a THIRD holding midfield player !!!

If Hoilett gets injured, we will simply have no threat.

Kean, IMO, is an absolute joke and simply has to go.

Come off it man we weren't lucky at all we fully deserved at least a point, their penalty was a disgrace.

I am by no means a Kean fan and at halftime felt as low as I have for a while but we turned it around it would have been a travesty had we taken nothing from it.

Edit: 58% of the possesion, 24 shots to blackpools 8, 8 corners to their 3. Yep clearly lucky.

Why oh whyyyyy put Roberts on?! He did nothing. Kalinic should have been in there. Roque did sweet F.A and same applies to M.Diouf. The negative tactics and formation are a shambles. 2-2 and I am still very disappointed as it should have been a comfortable win

If you start from the basic premise that referee's are as honest as the day is long then Howard Webb's "performance" today was one of staggeringly myopic incompetence to rival that of our very own manager. :angry2:

The first 15 minutes we were okay - not great but comfortable. I think the linesman disallowed the Blackpool goal so late because he at first thought it might have gone straight in, but then when he realised it hadn't he knew the guy was offside. All this ###### about respect goes out of the window though when players know that by complaining long and hard enough the ref will give them at least the next decision. And so he did with a penalty decision I am still mystified about. The foul given for Adam's free kick was also pretty dodgy. Rovers then went to absolute pieces and were lucky to go into the break only trailing by 2.

Second half started brightly, with Nzonzi missing an easy chance after great work by Junior. We basically battered Blackpool for the whole half despite Webb's best efforts and frankly at the end I was surprised we'd equalised but annoyed we couldn't beat what is a pretty poor Blackpool team. Ironically, possibly the most important goal in club history was forged in the mould of Big Sam.

For me the stand out players were Junior by a country mile, followed by J Jones. Diouf is a waste of a shirt. Nzonzi and Roque were marginally better but not great. However, the manager, it seems, remains the weakest link.

We started brightly and got done by an awful refereeing decision which drained the confidence which Kean seemed to reinstill at half time.

Kean cleary up to task but blaming him solely for today isn't fair in my opinion.

If I hadn't been at the game I'd be more angry with the result but the adrenaline is still pumping at the minute, I was virtually crowd surfing when we scored. (sorry if you were one of those I randomly hugged or jumped on)

Come off it man we weren't lucky at all we fully deserved at least a point, their penalty was a disgrace.

I am by no means a Kean fan and at halftime felt as low as I have for a while but we turned it around it would have been a travesty had we taken nothing from it.

Edit: 58% of the possesion, 24 shots to blackpools 8, 8 corners to their 3. Yep clearly lucky.

Well said, Tom!

A point isn't enough. Yet another game we should be winning goes begging.

The only plus is that it keeps Blackpool around us.

Mame was appauling today, quite how he stayed on the pitch for the best part of 75 minutes is beyond me. Rubbish.

Well said, Tom!

We were lucky to score in the 93rd minute when easily we could've missed that chance and lost. However, we deserved a point if for nothing but the effort of the players. No one can take that away. Nevertheless, I dont attribute any of that to Steve Kean.

We were lucky to score in the 93rd minute when easily we could've missed that chance and lost. However, we deserved a point if for nothing but the effort of the players. No one can take that away. Nevertheless, I dont attribute any of that to Steve Kean.

But this isn't the Steve Kean thread...

Archived