BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

When was the last time we came back from being two behind? In my eyes, the way the game progressed it was one point gained instead of two lost. All tough I feel it wasnt Jensen or Keans tactical dispositions who made the comeback. Samba and Nelsen hopefully stands out like they did in the second half for the remainder of the season and we will make it.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back. Before the game a draw would not have been a good result, however at 2-0 down at half time you have to accept the point, if for nothing else it keeps Blackpool bang in big trouble.. The first fifteen minutes we did ok, not great but looked to have the greater threat. Howard Webb's atrocious decision changed the course of the game, Rovers just fell apart and lucky to get in at half time at 2-0. Second half Rovers poured forward, players gave everything and the very least we deserved was a draw.

What does this mean for Rovers? Well unfortunately it leaves us in huge trouble. With out defensive problems I can't see us getting anything at Arsenal and I just pray that our goal difference doesn't take another battering, after that Birmingham becomes another "do" or "die" game.

Kean is clearly a manager who is out of his depth, but I can't really blame him today, he can't do anything about a shocking referee and the second half players did as well as could be expected, showed at the very least that they are behind him. I don't think that Venky's have any intention of sacking him.

All this talk about whether we can, or can't sack Kean if we get a result against Arsenal is irrelevant.

There's a better chance of me winning the lottery than there is of us getting a result down there, especially how we are playing at the moment.

I'm sure you're right about our chances but I can't help thinking that Arsenal are on the slide right now. An injury to Fabregas in their Euro qualifier next week might put the tin hat on it for them. We managed to beat Liverpool when they were in a slump.

I bet there'd be great odds on a 2-1 to Rovers!

Haha, who am I kidding?!

Guest linganzi

So the guy who left at half time today wants us to lose our next game. Not really a 'supporter' as such, are you?

Don't you dare don't you ###### dare, do you want my address so that you can say that to my face? The first time in nearly thirty ###### years,I've missed more than a second of a game I have been at because something I love is being destroyed and I let my heart rule my head and then open up about it. Go on ###### try me.

I was simply saying we rarely get anything v arsenal and it would just be typical for kean to extend his tenure. For the record I want every point going

Don't you dare don't you ###### dare, do you want my address so that you can say that to my face? The first time in nearly thirty ###### years,I've missed more than a second of a game I have been at because something I love is being destroyed and I let my heart rule my head and then open up about it. Go on ###### try me.

I was simply saying we rarely get anything v arsenal and it would just be typical for kean to extend his tenure. For the record I want every point going

Calm down.

Grow up.

When was the last time we came back from being two behind? In my eyes, the way the game progressed it was one point gained instead of two lost. All tough I feel it wasnt Jensen or Keans tactical dispositions who made the comeback. Samba and Nelsen hopefully stands out like they did in the second half for the remainder of the season and we will make it.

Nelsen was excellent today.

We got lucky enough today (considering we were 2 down at half time) but the team really is a shambles. Relegation is the only natural conclusion. Our owners bought a Premier League operation and are running it like a two bob corner shop. Crap, crap, utterly crap.

A very spirited 2nd half comeback ....Unfortunately ,we were playing a team who will get relegated , and only a point was gained ...So no matter how you dress it up 2 points dropped !!!

Santa Cruz and Diouf would never wear a Rovers shirt again for me , they both showed no effort at all...Send them both back to their parent clubs asap.

Barring a miracle now , we will go down with Blackpool , a bad result for both teams .......

I wanted Kean out , after the Fulham game , but that boat as gone , no point now ..

How good was Phil Jones when he came on today!

It was the wrong substitution at the time, with a defender coming on for Emerton at 2-1 down but Jones is such a good all round player that he actually made it work!

And Jermaine Jones seems to be finding his feet too.

Pity about Kean/Webb/Diouf(can't finish to save his life)/Roberts(not satisfied with being unable to score himself, he's handily placed to ensure no-one else scores too).

Good grief

Guest linganzi

Grow up.

I'm not going to lower myself to your level and cast judgement on decisions you make based on emotions fueled by something as emotive as football but you dint even read my opinion re the arsenal game.

Notjing you can jibe me about today will wash, I've yet to come to terms with how amazed I am with myself

We got lucky enough today (considering we were 2 down at half time) but the team really is a shambles. Relegation is the only natural conclusion. Our owners bought a Premier League operation and are running it like a two bob corner shop. Crap, crap, utterly crap.

I wouldn't agree with that on the basis of today's game but obviously a run of two points from six games speaks for itself. We have to improve on that markedly or we'll go down and will have no excuses. If we do go down after having thirty one points from twenty four games Brian Kidd's "rubber dinghy" men will have nothing on the current crop.

I can see no reason why we can't get out of trouble, but to do that the players have to respond and cut out individual errors such as conceding the free kick which led to their second goal today.

• Moderation Lead

Until they had that disallowed goal we were doing well. Then we were dreadful until the 2nd half.

2nd half we came out fighting, and enough was shown in the way of determination from the players to suggest we've got enough in the tank to stay up. The league is so tight this year, and anyone could go down, not just Rovers.

This pre-conceived notion that we're down already is utterly pathetic. The season finishes in May, and until it's mathematically impossible, we're not down.

I'm not going to lower myself to your level and cast judgement on decisions you make based on emotions fueled by something as emotive as football

Well what did you expect to happen when you decided to go on an internet forum and create an entire thread dedicated to you and your decision?

The season finishes in May, and until it's mathematically impossible, we're not down.

It's going to be pretty difficult to go down whilst we're not in the relegation zone.

Come on SG anyone would have been "happy" with a point at half time after basically being stitched up by Webb and then losing our discipline.

Was it the ideal result pre kick off? Of course not.

The first half was nothing short of a disgrace Rev,the fans were literally shell shocked into near silence around me a half time,I dont think I've witnessed that before.

I'm sorry, but personally I take no pride in Rovers having to claw their way back from 2-0 down against fellow relegation condidates the mighty Blackpool on home soil....this was a game we needed to take ALL three points from and we ultimately failed.

Games to come against Arsenal,Everton,Man City,Man Utd and the rejuvanated West ham and Wolves?..... Christ on a bike, this is going to be too close for comfort! :unsure:

This pre-conceived notion that we're down already is utterly pathetic. The season finishes in May, and until it's mathematically impossible, we're not down.

Far too sensible a post.

Naive to say we're not now involved in a scrap, equally ridiculous to say that we're already down given we're actually 13th.

If Kean needs the boot asap that means there's another seven managers reqiring a P45 on Monday morning as well.

You might not want to post such inflammatory @#/? then.

There's enough people worried about our plight without your constant repeating of the Doomsday scenario awaiting us.

On a bit of a tangent:

I've just watched 80,000 observe an impeccible minutes' silence at the Stade De France. Yet out of a couple of thousand Blackpool fans several of them managed to disgrace themselves during ours.

No respect.

'No neutral tears if Rovers are relegated'

Sadly, all too true.

Id wager on many wanting us down

Whilst it may be true there would have been no tears had we been relegated under Allardyce or indeed Hughes, as everybody seemed to hate us then too for whatever reason they could think of. They even tried to pin the racism card on us sacking Ince.

Frankly I couldn't care less what the media think of us - I'm more worried about what we're doing to ourselves

Far too sensible a post.

Naive to say we're not now involved in a scrap, equally ridiculous to say that we're already down given we're actually 13th.

If Kean needs the boot asap that means there's another seven managers reqiring a P45 on Monday morning as well.

No one is saying we're already down.

But we are looking one of the most likely candidates for the drop out of that group.

Saying we're 13th is skewing the reality of the situation hugely. If that goal hadn't have gone in then we'd have been 19th. Our next game is at the Emirates after which it is highly likely we will be in the drop zone.

And that part in bold - christ - I have been told I put in too many snide remarks to other posters in my posts. Maybe I do...

But at the same time it's difficult not to think that there must be a seismic fault in the way your brain functions if you're seriously trying to compare Kean (inherited a 4-5 point buffer from the drop zone from Allardyce and a team which finished 10th last term, played plenty of bottom half teams, only beaten two teams in the last three months, no prior experience in the job, clueless tactically, had a decent amount to spend on wages/transfer fees in January ) and, say, Ian Holloway who has done a sterling job with Blackpool no matter whether they beat the drop or not this season.

Do you seriously think those two managers should have an equal chance of getting a P45? Or are you in fact resorting to increasingly nonsensical arguments each week as your stance looks more and more unreasonable?

Archived