BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

We were good second half and it was amazing to get a point, but today was a very bad day for Rovers with West Brom, Wolves, and Wigan all getting wins and West Ham getting a point. This was the most winnable of our remainig fixtures and we couldn't win it. It was our chance to pull clear and get on a good run of form and we couldn't take it.

Drawing this and continuing a wretched run of form while those around us continue to pick up points puts a hell of a lot of pressure on us to beat Birmingham, because I can't see us beating Arsenal, City, or Everton.

If we don't beat Birmingham, I think we're down.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fear that there will be no tears shed if we go down and rightly so in my opinion. All of our problems have been self inflicted by an owner who hasn't got a clue what she is doing. To sack an established manager and replace him with Kean simply because she believes he's a hard worker is staggering, particularly when his agent was the main man whispering in her ear at that time. Now it appears that Kean is the main man whispering in her ear. No doubt he will tell her that a point against Blackpool was a wonderful result and, sadly, I have no doubt that she will believe him. Having these two individuals leading the club after John Williams and Souness/Hughes/Allardyce shows just how far this great club has fallen. I don't think I have ever felt as disillusioned with things at Ewood as I do now.

Today was two points dropped because, once again, our astute manager couldn't set up a side to deal with the threat that Blackpool offered in midfield. Adams was allowed to run the game and how our midfield cried out for a player with a tenth of his ability in terms of passing. There is absolutely no point in paying a hefty wage to Roque if you can't supply him with the type of service he needs and the way we are set up it is very difficult to see how we will ever do that.

The January transfer window has proved to be a nightmare for the club. I assume Formica is sharing the same treatment room as Grella and Dunn. Having signed in January it is going to be April at the earliest before we see our so called "star" attraction. Although the rumours of work permit problems don't seem to go away. Meanwhile, the youngster who had previously appeared in 3 games for Barcelona 'B' this season has made it as far as the bench but appears not to be good enough to shift Roberts or Mame Biram Diouf from ahead of him.

As far as I am concerned and reading between the lines those two can only be part of a reciprocal trading deal between football agents....'find a home for my crappy players and I'll find a home for some of yours.' There really can be no other explanation for the no show of our two Carlos Kickaballs. Desai and us have been taken to the cleaners by an agent who Ferguson stated 'could not pick his own nose'. Conspiratory theory maybe but I am even beginning to suspect that the two recent 'soft' penalties might be down to the word being out that the Premier League don't want BRFC associated with their product anymore for fear of embarrassment over their 'Fit and proper' rules.

the game really turned when phil jones came on and totally changed the midfield. he won everything, kept possession and took adam out of the game. jermaine jones also looked a better player with him along side.

Not sure about most of that but this point deserves highlighting. I think you are spot on that Phil Jones was a shining light in our midfield. It was a pretty hairy moment when he was 'taken out' in our penalty box in the second half.

If we can keep this guy fit for the rest of the season, it could make a great deal of difference. Plus get Givet back from suspension (does anyone know how long he's out for?) and put Olsson back on the wing - and Hoilett back on the right and we have a decent team.

We were good second half and it was amazing to get a point, but today was a very bad day for Rovers with West Brom, Wolves, and Wigan all getting wins and West Ham getting a point. This was the most winnable of our remainig fixtures and we couldn't win it. It was our chance to pull clear and get on a good run of form and we couldn't take it.

Drawing this and continuing a wretched run of form while those around us continue to pick up points puts a hell of a lot of pressure on us to beat Birmingham, because I can't see us beating Arsenal, City, or Everton.

If we don't beat Birmingham, I think we're down.

West Brom didn't win

The only thing which salvaged us a point was Big Sam type hoofball. Nice to see the Robinson 'assist' back in all it's glory. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't they Mr Kean?

Exactly right. "Robinson assist" And a whole raft of long throws too! :lol: However I hardly think thats due to the 'manager', imo thats down to the players ignoring him nad returning to the tactics of the previous manager.

Exactly right. "Robinson assist" And a whole raft of long throws too! :lol: However I hardly think thats due to the 'manager', imo thats down to the players ignoring him nad returning to the tactics of the previous manager.

I think you maybe right there ...

This is the reason why you're both wrong.

tablep.jpg

That simple reason is why so many of us are so worried about us looking like the most likely candidates for the drop.

And our next four fixtures involve three very difficult fixtures away at Arsenal and Everton and home to Man City; and a six pointer at home to Birmingham. Lose that and we are as good as down IMO. Fail to win it and things still look very bad.

The next six fixtures are harder than the six we've just had, so without a sudden upturn in our fortunes there is only one way we are heading.

Terrifying.

We are going to be already down by the time Kean does get sacked.

Not sure about most of that but this point deserves highlighting. I think you are spot on that Phil Jones was a shining light in our midfield. It was a pretty hairy moment when he was 'taken out' in our penalty box in the second half.

If we can keep this guy fit for the rest of the season, it could make a great deal of difference. Plus get Givet back from suspension (does anyone know how long he's out for?) and put Olsson back on the wing - and Hoilett back on the right and we have a decent team.

Givet has another match out. Agree about Phil Jones. he will bleed for the team he supports and you can't get enough of them.

2 disputed penalties in 1 week though. when you're down somebody seems to make sure you're out!

In truth we scrambled a point by sheer desperation. A 2nd half recovery shouldn't hide a first half shambles.

Don't get me wrong when we're at the games we need to cheer on the team as much as we can, be as positive as we can and on the whole the atmosphere was great today.

Rubbish. The buggerswere booed off at HT after the crowd had sung 'sacked in the morning' to the manager and the 2nd half performance was much improved... especially for those that see merit in Allardyce type hoofball. Maybe we should boo the lot off em at the kick off.

I thought the first 15 mins we started brightly and was keeping possesion quite well, then the first diallowed goal came for which the linesman was slow putting his flag up.

That decision just seemed to wake Blackpool up, Rovers seem to struggle after that, the penalty that was that shouldn't of been and then that free kick seem to send the players and the crowd into complete shock, I was just happy it was only 2-0 at half time.

Second half we could only really come out and go for it, I was surprised that there were no changes to the team at half time, the early goal was what we needed and it did seem to put Blackpool on the back foot, it's a shame we couldn't have got the second goal earlier on, as at 2-2 with say 15-20 minutes to go and we could have gone on to win it.

Overall relief at a point but we did really need the 3, in his press conference Kean said he didn't shout at the players at half time and felt he didn't need to change the team or tactics at half time, he praised Hoillet for his work in the game as did Holloway.

Nobody asked him if he feared for his job though, Holloway was his usual self as already mentioned on here he said that Webb had a bad game for both sides and that it wasn't a penalty, he came accoss as somebody who is just happy to be in posistion he is.

I was in the belief that we would stay up, now although I'm in the not so sure camp now, but until it is mathmatically impossible for us to stay up then I'll try and keep the faith.

Guest linganzi

Think what you will about my irrational attitude and emotion,

This board has some in the know characters , there was some stuff flying about recently , which maybe people ought to know about

Relating to

Agents fees for players that have barely kicked a ball

Certain journalists taking a pay off

Potential manager changes

It may all be common knowledge though

I said in another thread that Jones and Hoillet are our only route to salvation.

The eye catching thing for me today was how simply Blackpool played the game. Short passing into feet, movement off the ball & shooting when opportunities presented themselves. The salutary thing was that they seemed to struggle when we went Route 1; their keeper especially looking a bit wary of the high ball.

A point keeps us alive but the form book terrifies me. We need a rabbit out of a hat somehow & somewhere. Nothing I saw today fills me with confidence that it will happen.

I travel in hope not expectation to Ewood these days irrespective of the opposition.

Birmingham, Bolton & something from a couple of away games......give me hope people....I want to believe but I'm losing faith....?

:unsure: :

I said in another thread that Jones and Hoillet are our only route to salvation.

Well, congrats you're right again, Gordon! Add that to your list of accolades!

I think I need to stop drinking now. Or stop posting!

Even worse if the points figures were expressed as a graph! We are not even half of the next club up (Sunderlands) points per game!

6 games isn't long enough to for a graph to be relevant. 1 win from us and the graph changes massively.

Football isn't a science. If it was there wouldn't be any point in bookmakers.

Lies, damn lies and statistics. Let's see the form after 38 games.

I swear, some people would be happy with relegation just to be right!

I said a few weeks ago, the next two games were MUST WIN games!! Failing that, 4pts from them :unsure:

Sadly, we`ve scraped 1 single point from two totally winable games.

I am now fearing the worst & preparing myself for it.

I think both Rovers & Blackpool will drop into the bottom three. All the other 'strugglers' are battling & fighting better than we are.

I`m finding it hard to see where our next points are gonna come from.....

Think what you will about my irrational attitude and emotion,

This board has some in the know characters , there was some stuff flying about recently , which maybe people ought to know about

Relating to

Agents fees for players that have barely kicked a ball

Certain journalists taking a pay off

Potential manager changes

It may all be common knowledge though

Journalists taking a pay off ??

• Backroom

in his press conference Kean said he didn't shout at the players at half time and felt he didn't need to change the team or tactics at half time

Which suggests even further than the players ignored Kean entirely, because we very much seemed to revert to the Allardyce system 2nd half. If we'd played as we did in the first half under Kean's "tactics" we certainly would have lost.

Time for some of the senior players to step up to the plate and try to get us out of this, because they know they can't rely on the coach masquerading as their manager.

Archived