BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

Come off it nicko! Venky's wouldn't know good/bad/prehistoric/Barca/Partick Thistle football if it hit them in the face!

Two of the brothers are far more knowledgeable about football than you would think.

One of them spent most of one Steve Kean 'visit' talking about Barcelona...

This idea that we are dealing with country bumkins is a bit inaccurate.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we covered that one a month or two back. So was he the man who convinced Venky's that the club could make 5th place with a few loans and £5m put in? - because someone certainly did. Did it also follow that Allardyce obviously wouldn't go along with that ridiculous plan, while at the same time having players lined up for him? Or did Mrs Desai really know her Premier League, and know about Sam's style of football? Was Sam sacked so that JA could push through his plans?

yeah I wonder how they believed that.

Yeah, we covered that one a month or two back. So was he the man who convinced Venky's that the club could make 5th place with a few loans and £5m put in? - because someone certainly did. Did it also follow that Allardyce obviously wouldn't go along with that ridiculous plan, while at the same time having players lined up for him? Or did Mrs Desai really know her Premier League, and know about Sam's style of football? Was Sam sacked so that JA could push through his plans?

Really? Well done. Seems to have gone over the heads of some of the grandees.

I think the 'fifth place for £5 million' thing was put to bed quite a while ago...as was what cost Sam his job.

Really? Well done. Seems to have gone over the heads of some of the grandees.

I think the 'fifth place for £5 million' thing was put to bed quite a while ago...as was what cost Sam his job.

put to bed yes but I do think they believed it, I heard an interview where a brother talked about how "beautiful the team was" and should be aiming "6th or 7th" with the current squad, suggesting Sam was under achieving.

they do say Kean is very positive, maybe he suggested this potential.

Not blaming Kean for being positive, why not, but was it realistic.

Two of the brothers are far more knowledgeable about football than you would think.

One of them spent most of one Steve Kean 'visit' talking about Barcelona...

This idea that we are dealing with country bumkins is a bit inaccurate.

Sure, they knew so much that they sacked SA and employed SK, who at that point could only pay lip service to how football should be played.

Country bumkins, perhaps not - naive, certainly.

As for talking about Barcelona for most of one visit................ see above.

Venky's failing means the club will be on the road to bankrupcy, who the hell wants that?

I see that you have ignored my question I asked you earlier.

There is no evidence to your claims that it will lead to bankrupcy nor is there any evidence that it won't. We just have to wait and see, not continue to make "doomsday" assumptions.

I don't see how this is an issue? We're doing a player transfer that reeks of nepotism? Milan has Kaka's useless older brother still plowing around in their reserves, they gave a contract to Seedorf's overweight best friend a couple of years ago, Deportivo La Coruna still has Lionel Scaloni's talentless brother stuffed somewhere deep in their reserves... Even Alex Ferguson, up on his high horse in the linked article, might want to remember a certain Darren Ferguson plowing around United's reserves and midfield doing f*** all for a few years.

I see that you have ignored my question I asked you earlier.

There is no evidence to your claims that it will lead to bankrupcy nor is there any evidence that it won't. We just have to wait and see, not continue to make "doomsday" assumptions.

What qustion did you ask me earlier?

Sure, they knew so much that they sacked SA and employed SK, who at that point could only pay lip service to how football should be played.

To be fair some people on here thought Rovers were going to turn in to the new arsenal :rolleyes:

Why have Venkeys and the family been so poor at the PR side of things? Surely they knew running an EPL club was going to attract a lot of media attention.

That should definitely be addressed.

But - again - if results were better nobody would give one.

You don't get points for good PR. But a bit of clarity and the odd rallying cry comes in handy at times like this.

Got to say the Pr wasn't great in the last relegation season or when Souey flirted with the drop either. The Great Man was too busy kicking players in training. :lol:

I don't see how this is an issue? We're doing a player transfer that reeks of nepotism? Milan has Kaka's useless older brother still plowing around in their reserves, they gave a contract to Seedorf's overweight best friend a couple of years ago, Deportivo La Coruna still has Lionel Scaloni's talentless brother stuffed somewhere deep in their reserves... Even Alex Ferguson, up on his high horse in the linked article, might want to remember a certain Darren Ferguson plowing around United's reserves and midfield doing f*** all for a few years.

We've got Roque's brother in our reserves, and he's sh**. Nobody complained then. It was actually a good move if you ask some. :rolleyes:

put to bed yes but I do think they believed it, I heard an interview where a brother talked about how "beautiful the team was" and should be aiming "6th or 7th" with the current squad, suggesting Sam was under achieving.

they do say Kean is very positive, maybe he suggested this potential.

Not blaming Kean for being positive, why not, but was it realistic.

There is no reason why Rovers could not have finished sixth or seventh this season as it works out.

Bolton have been there most of the time. Liverpool coyld end up there and have been bongo for a large part of the season. Even Everton might manage it and they have been totally inconsistent.

It was not a ridiculous aim.

You make good points and quote good examples. But there is no reason why Rovers should be signing this lad as it doesn't do anybody any good.

That should definitely be addressed.

But - again - if results were better nobody would give one.

You don't get points for good PR. But a bit of clarity and the odd rallying cry comes in handy at times like this.

Got to say the Pr wasn't great in the last relegation season or when Souey flirted with the drop either. The Great Man was too busy kicking players in training. :lol:

I 100% agree Niko but at least as fans we could contact John Williams.

I will email Tom Finn in the morning and see if I get a response.

If I bought a football club I would want to try to play like Barca.

I certainly wouldn't want it to play for set-pieces and throw-ins.

There is no reason why Rovers could not have finished sixth or seventh this season as it works out.

Bolton have been there most of the time. Liverpool coyld end up there and have been bongo for a large part of the season. Even Everton might manage it and they have been totally inconsistent.

It was not a ridiculous aim.

I would have agree if we had a proven PL manager.

Do the owners want to follow Arsene Wenger Philosophy of bring through young players from the Academy and overseas?

They may have had some long term plans and all that, but the execution of these plans has been a complete cock up. Sacking an experienced and able manager for an inexperienced and apparently incompetent puppet, letting the agents run riot with influencing transfer targets and trousering big fees, getting rid of a very able chairman/chief executive for an empty seat and talking crap about signing fading superstars and crazy reformed cocaine addicts and finally signing up an advisor/agent's son, who so far has shown no potential at all.

The whole idea could have worked a hell of a lot better than it has, and it has been an utter shambles. They're here for the long run, as no-one else would want to buy us, especially when we get relegated.

I would have agree if we had a proven PL manager.

Do the owners want to follow Arsene Wenger Philosophy of bring through young players from the Academy and overseas?

We're not going to agree about the ability of the manager. Only results will prove who is right on that one.

I just get bugged by people revving it up over a crap six-game run. The over-reaction is crackers.

It's been worse than this, the team is not great but not hopeless. It's going to be a white knuckle ride from now on in, but so be it.

The current points total would have kept you up last season, you will clearly need seven to eight points or be at risk.

You have a better chance of doing that with a united front than a divided one.

Myles, 21

&

Kean believes that Anderson possesses the raw potential to develop in an established Premier League player

Does............... not...............compute.

Oh wait, Kean, all makes sense now.

I just get bugged by people revving it up over a crap six-game run. The over-reaction is crackers.

Except of course, it's not just a 6 game run is it? Try going all the way back to his first game in charge.

We're not going to agree about the ability of the manager. Only results will prove who is right on that one.

It's been worse than this, the team is not great but not hopeless. It's going to be a white knuckle ride from now on in, but so be it.

The current points total would have kept you up last season, you will clearly need seven to eight points or be at risk.

Let's agree to disagree about the manager. in a couple of years let's see.

I will be going to most of the last 8 games. only missing the arsenal away game. wacthing it on ESPN. But be going to all of the other games this season.

So I will support my team to the bitter end!!! I might not like certain things going on at the club but will always support rovers

do you have a close relationship with kean.?

Archived