BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with all the circumstancial evidence, i can imagine, that there will be an investigation.

The fa might not be able to catct someone, wiht their hand in the cookie jar, but with all the minor infractions or atleast what could be percieved as such, our owners arent making it easy for themselves or us, the fans.

sam and mcdonald gone, not a crime in itself, they both got replaced by SEM clients. Highly suspicious.

Then john williams throws in the towel, again not a crime, but something that raises some eyebrows.

our local accountants declines to work with the club, even if it means losing business. Very weird in this financial climate.

the formica deal, was being reported as not possible, due to thrid party ownership. This goes through, perhaps there are no issues, but the rumour of third party ownership, does put a bit fuel on the fire. Add to that, a steve kean, who seemningly knows nothing about the player, describing him as a new batistuta, then the deal,for some, could smell at bit fishy.

Now we got anderson junior signing, this has to a failure of epic proportions, when you know, that the FA numerous times have warned the club and stated, that the situation was being monitored closely. Thats just asking for trouble.

I dont know if our new signings rochina, jones or santa, has any relation to anderson, but i hope there are no connections there, otherwise it could potentially be harmfull to our club.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing- Hughes should not have been Rovers manager according to Theno so...

Most takeovers have ended badly and novice managers from lower leagues/ number 2's rarely if ever succeed in the pl so prophesising it is not really saying much.

Talking of agendas what's yours with regards our Journo

Hindsight is a wonderful thing- Hughes should not have been Rovers manager according to Theno so...

Most takeovers have ended badly and novice managers from lower leagues/ number 2's rarely if ever succeed in the pl so prophesising it is not really saying much.

Talking of agendas what's yours with regards our Journo

Sacrilege.

My agenda?

One thing I find interesting in all this mess - it was the FA and Premiership that said that the Venky's passed their new tighter rules. Anderson was always the middle man in the deal - so the FA will have been aware of his involvement from the very start.

So where does that leave us - the FA looking into a mess that they helped create ?

My shoulders and back are covered with the proverbial from a number of posters who were freely throwing it for what I was writing from December to February.

I hoped then and still hope now I am wrong.

I am terrified that there will be an investigation because if I have a pretty good idea of what they will find you can be certain the Compliance Unit know exactly what they are looking for.

If there is anything irregular to do with the involvement of Rovers with Myles Anderson, the PL can investigate. I desperately, desperately hope there isn't.

I hope the disengagement of SEM/Kentaro/Anderson family is total and watertight and that Venky's have had the good sense to get experienced football people on the case and not just dealt with it in Pune.

I posted my Jerome Anderson=FAIL thread about the time Anderson disappeared from Brockhall where he had been virtually daily previously. I think there is an extremely high probability he got paid off and is no longer involved.

Oh good Hughesy, I've missed ya.

So, what is your take on this new era of ours?

New era...well let's look simply at the facts and then make a decision shall we?

1. We have spent more money in the January transfer window than previous windows under the Walker Trust.

2. We got rid of Sam Allardyce, a man that was hated or loved.

3. He was replaced with Steve Kean, an unknown quantity. He has got us playing some good "entertaining" football (something SA didn't do), however, we are only 1 point above the relegation zone. If we go down then yes, you have every right to slate the owners, if we stay up then all in all it was a good decision by Venkys to appoint Kean. This was always a transitional period for us.

They are the facts about our new owners, yes they may have a very poor communication skills, but they have not ruined our club. If you want to sit and play for survival every season then fine, but myself and I am sure many other Rovers fans don't want to. We've finally been given the chance by Venkys to establish ourself as a top 10 club. We may not be there yet, we may not even get there in a few season or ever, but at least we are showing signs of ambition. Something the Walker Trust never.

My shoulders and back are covered with the proverbial from a number of posters who were freely throwing it for what I was writing from December to February.

I hoped then and still hope now I am wrong.

I am terrified that there will be an investigation because if I have a pretty good idea of what they will find you can be certain the Compliance Unit know exactly what they are looking for.

If there is anything irregular to do with the involvement of Rovers with Myles Anderson, the PL can investigate. I desperately, desperately hope there isn't.

I hope the disengagement of SEM/Kentaro/Anderson family is total and watertight and that Venky's have had the good sense to get experienced football people on the case and not just dealt with it in Pune.

Forget all the childish name calling, forget all the point scoring on this messageboard if what you say is true and we are in deep cr*p have you actually contacted anyone about this in the club to warn them ?

You seem to be well connected, can you not pass this information onto someone before it gets out of hand ?

Can these concerns be raised at the fans forum or something ?

I am a regular season ticket holder, no connections to the club or anything. What can we do as fans ?

....but at least we are showing signs of ambition. Something the Walker Trust never.

2-2 @ home to Blackpool, signing the bosses kid and a transfer budget of £5 incl wages.

Or are you refering to the mutal beneficial smoke of Ronnie as a sign of our ambition?

Lets not forget the Walker trust have written off more than Venky's have put in to date and I'm pretty sure when Venky's leave (no doubt having destroyed the walker legacy to recoup what they can) that will still be the case.

But you just carry on slagging them off...

New era...well let's look simply at the facts and then make a decision shall we?

1. We have spent more money in the January transfer window than previous windows under the Walker Trust.

3. He was replaced with Steve Kean, an unknown quantity. He has got us playing some good "entertaining" football (something SA didn't do), however, we are only 1 point above the relegation zone. If we go down then yes, you have every right to slate the owners, if we stay up then all in all it was a good decision by Venkys to appoint Kean. This was always a transitional period for us.

They are the facts about our new owners, yes they may have a very poor communication skills, but they have not ruined our club. If you want to sit and play for survival every season then fine, but myself and I am sure many other Rovers fans don't want to. We've finally been given the chance by Venkys to establish ourself as a top 10 club. We may not be there yet, we may not even get there in a few season or ever, but at least we are showing signs of ambition. Something the Walker Trust never.

1) We sign 2 players who have played 10 mins of first team football and cost 4 million pounds. GREAT DECISION! :lol:

2) Big Sam was the right manager for us. And he would have got us into the top 10 again this season. His style of play wasn't great but got the results in the game we were suppose to win WHICH Kean has not done!

3) Kean is not Manager. simply as! He is clueless, tactical useless.

And how was it a good decision if we almost go down to replace Big Sam with Kean.

What planet do you come from? Do you go to the games? probably not

Football is about winning not entertaining!!!

Forget all the childish name calling, forget all the point scoring on this messageboard if what you say is true and we are in deep cr*p have you actually contacted anyone about this in the club to warn them ?

You seem to be well connected, can you not pass this information onto someone before it gets out of hand ?

Can these concerns be raised at the fans forum or something ?

I am a regular season ticket holder, no connections to the club or anything. What can we do as fans ?

Communication with Pune is pretty non-existant; a few fans have an email address over there but that is it. The messages coming out of this MB are viewed as unreasonably hostile as far as I am aware.

You can be absolutely certain that many people from within the club have passed on the requisite advice and guidance and the response of course is that Rovers are run from Pune, not Blackburn.

Answer for fans- join the Supporters' Trust.

Wow. Just...wow. I dont even know where to start with this post.

What is your position within the Venkys organisation?

Wonder if the son operates in much the same way as his dad? Manages to force out our other left-backs in behind the scenes manouvering and then once he's seized a starting role does a shocking job for club. I've never booed a Rovers player but if this clown ever pulls on blue and white I'll be enthusiastically making an exception.

'Facts' are they?

What 'enteraining football' is this then?

How is being comfortable in the league to surviving by the skin of our teeth (if indeed we do survive) a good decision?

How is replacing a manager that had ACTUALLY got us in the top 10 and relpacing him with a complete novice going the right way to establish ourselves as a top 10 club?

How is replacing an experienced and high profile PL manager and relacing him with Steve Kean and John Jensen showing 'ambition'?

How is ensuring the best operator in the league (JW) leaves mid season and not replacing him, coupled with AGENTS in positions of authority not going some way to 'ruining the club'?

How are two loans and two unknown kids that have not even kicked a ball for us going to cement us in the top 10?

What evidence or pledges do you have that tells us that Venky's have spent a) their own money in Jan and b. they are going to spend more of it in the summer and beyond?

One thing I find interesting in all this mess - it was the FA and Premiership that said that the Venky's passed their new tighter rules. Anderson was always the middle man in the deal - so the FA will have been aware of his involvement from the very start.

So where does that leave us - the FA looking into a mess that they helped create ?

If the fa is partially to be blamed, you would have to assume, that venky and adnerson told the truth and nothing but, while presenting Their case. Personally i cant imagine they would straight up say, this is mr anderson and he will not only represent the club in negotiations, but also those on the opposite side. That would likle jeapordize, their passing of the test.

this is venky´s mess and they are the ones responsible.

I may be very dense but I don't see a story in this - yet. It may not be a smart move to sign an agent's son, even if it is a job for the boy thing, but it isn't illegal or is it? A waste of money? Maybe? Worthy of investigation I'm not so sure.

Third party ownership is one thing but isn't this just a case of another bad signing?

Could someone explain in simple language. Sometimes I'm a bear with very little brain.

As I recall when WHU had Tevez and Mascherano the press were all over them. For all the rumour and speculation surrounding Rovers, much of which is simply appalling management, there seems to be an almost complete media silence.

I may be very dense but I don't see a story in this - yet. It may not be a smart move to sign an agent's son, even if it is a job for the boy thing, but it isn't illegal or is it? A waste of money? Maybe? Worthy of investigation I'm not so sure.

Third party ownership is one thing but isn't this just a case of another bad signing?

Could someone explain in simple language. Sometimes I'm a bear with very little brain.

As I recall when WHU had Tevez and Mascherano the press were all over them. For all the rumour and speculation surrounding Rovers, much of which is simply appalling management, there seems to be an almost complete media silence.

I don’t think that there is any basis for the Myles Anderson signing to be investigated by the FA, that is a normal transfer transaction for a player who will be out of contract. What it does highlight the possible influence that JA is having at Ewood, that kind of influence is what the FA are worried about, added to by the strict rules that licencsed Agents have to adhere to. However until Rovers breach any Premier League/UEFA/FIFA rules then there is no case to answer.

The main point here is that there is potential for Rovers to be in trouble and they are very much on the radar of the authorities and people within the game.

1) We sign 2 players who have played 10 mins of first team football and cost 4 million pounds. GREAT DECISION! :lol:

2) Big Sam was the right manager for us. And he would have got us into the top 10 again this season. His style of play wasn't great but got the results in the game we were suppose to win WHICH Kean has not done!

3) Kean is not Manager. simply as! He is clueless, tactical useless.

And how was it a good decision if we almost go down to replace Big Sam with Kean.

What planet do you come from? Do you go to the games? probably not

Football is about winning not entertaining!!!

Just to pick up a few of your points.

1 - Really?? Theres me thinking RSC played more than 10 mins on saturday alone....and JJ played the full game again!

2 - Really?? Again at the time - I think you will find a large amount of fans where against him & his brand of football....and many where starting to make noises about not renewing next season etc.

3 - Only time will tell with that one.

Weve had a bad run, yes I dont doubt that! We have also had some VERY poor decisions against us recently...now is the time to SUPPORT your CLUB and help them battle for points....not moan about everything and go AGAINST them.

The summer is the time to evaluate how the owners have started off.

I posted the Myles Anderson story on here about three months ago.

The guy played and trained BEFORE his old man was part of the takeover process.

Signing him - and it is done - is a remarkably stupid thing to do.

But, hey ho.

I can think of other Rovers high-ups who have got the family involved in the past...

This one is clearly a mistake and should be scrubbed because nobody gains from it.

But an FA investigation? Do me a favour. What a load of old tripe.

What rule would be broken here? Apart from a 'stupidity test' being passed with flying colours.

There's a very interesting par in the Daily Telegraph story that seems to be missed. It says Jerome was employed by Rovers to find a buyer...

Very interesting.

Archived