BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Well done. Seems to have gone over the heads of some of the grandees.

I think the 'fifth place for £5 million' thing was put to bed quite a while ago...as was what cost Sam his job.

Fifth place for £5m was their words Nicko. Small investment and loans was, according to quotes from Venky's before the sale had been completed, a plan to get us up the league and into Europe.

I'll ask again, why couldn't this be what happened? -

JA was employed by the trustees to find a buyer [your words, backed up by quotes from Watford]. Venky's are interested in taking on the club in order to boost their image, but they have little cash in Premier League terms. JA tells them that with loans and a relatively small investment, they could succeed. JA tells them, that he, as an agent, could bring in the players that would enable the club to get into Europe, where Venky's brand would become known around Europe. Now then, JA knows that Sam would never go along with this ridiculous idea, so JA suggests that Sam isn't really the right man for Rovers [hoofball and all that]. Don't forget that when Sam was sacked, Venky's said it had always been their plan to sack him. Mrs D, having not a clue about anything to do with BRFC, sees this as a way to grow the club and enhance their own brand.

Now then, I have to make this clear. I'm accusing no-one of anything. I ask where this falls down?

We're not going to agree about the ability of the manager. Only results will prove who is right on that one.

I just get bugged by people revving it up over a crap six-game run. The over-reaction is crackers.

It's been worse than this, the team is not great but not hopeless. It's going to be a white knuckle ride from now on in, but so be it.

The current points total would have kept you up last season, you will clearly need seven to eight points or be at risk.

You have a better chance of doing that with a united front than a divided one.

But nicko, the reason everyone is all over Kean is because he has no credability or history to give people to confide... thinking about it no history at all other than Cov which went...

A well thought of replacement is all that is needed sometimes to galvanise a club a la Liverpool

Silly on every count. Certainly silly BECAUSE it looks bad. Even more silly as it won't make a difference to the team next season. Silly because it gives the chattering classes someting to chatter about.

So, silly. Yes.

Having watched the lad in a few pre-season reserve matches, at Rhyl and Barrow, I don't believe his signing is silly because of who he is related to. It's stupid because the lad is not very good. We have two young full-backs in Jackson Ramm and Adam Henley who are both excellent prospects and from what I have seen of Anderson he will never get ahead of these two unless his dad is able to pull rank.

Like what exactly?

That the FA charging us is highly unlikely.

Rovers paid for Andersons involvement.

Phillipe H is the main man Not Anderson.

Etc etc etc. Ultimately I am concerned with results the rest can wait.

Never

Ironic, really?

Phillip highlighted yesterday a series of things that Nicko said and were true- there were a lot of things, based on this and other info which Nicko has provided what makes you think his info is wrong this time?

Fifth place for £5m was their words Nicko. Small investment and loans was, according to quotes from Venky's before the sale had been completed, a plan to get us up the league and into Europe.

YOU KEEP BANGING ON ABOUT THIS £5M THING. THE FIRST WINDOW THEY HAD SAW TWO SIGNINGS, TWO EXPENSIVE LOANS AND AS MANY NEW DEALS AS YOU COULD WANT. THE TOTAL SPEND IN THAT MONTH WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN £5M. IT WAS MORE THAN MANY RIVALS AND CERTAINLY A LOT MORE THAN THE TRUSTEES HAD SPENT IN THE PREVIOUS TWO OR THREE WINDOWS. THE TARGET POSITION VARIES ACCORDING TO WHICH QUOTE YOU WANT TO BUILD YOUR WORLD AROUND.

JA was employed by the trustees to find a buyer [your words, backed up by quotes from Watford].

ANDERSON WAS CLEARLY ONE OF MANY TRYING TO FIND A BUYER.

Venky's are interested in taking on the club in order to boost their image, but they have little cash in Premier League terms.

VERY LITTLE CASH? ENOUGH TO BUY THE THING AND CHUCK SOME CASH INTO THE FIRST AVAILABLE WINDOW.

JA tells them that with loans and a relatively small investment, they could succeed. JA tells them, that he, as an agent, could bring in the players that would enable the club to get into Europe, where Venky's brand would become known around Europe.

WHY WOULD AN AGENT SAY THAT HE COULD DO THINGS CHEAP IF HE WAS WANTING TO MAKE MONEY? IT DOESN'T FIT, DOES IT?

Now then, JA knows that Sam would never go along with this ridiculous idea, so JA suggests that Sam isn't really the right man for Rovers [hoofball and all that]. Don't forget that when Sam was sacked, Venky's said it had always been their plan to sack him. Mrs D, having not a clue about anything to do with BRFC, sees this as a way to grow the club and enhance their own brand.

VENKY'S WERE NOT SURE ABOUT CERTAIN ASPECTS OF SAM FROM THE START. I DON'T THINK AGENT ANDERSON WANTED HIM BUMPED.

Now then, I have to make this clear. I'm accusing no-one of anything. I ask where this falls down?

PROBABLY THE FIRST FENCE.

Where did they get the finance from to buy the club, pay off senior officials, buy new players and give everyone an improved contract?

Why did you describe Venky's arranging for improved contracts as a shrewd move, when there was no real need for it?

Where did they get the finance from to buy the club, pay off senior officials, buy new players and give everyone an improved contract?

Why did you describe Venky's arranging for improved contracts as a shrewd move, when there was no real need for it?

When did I say new contracts was shrewd? You can understand why it was done at the time.

Why are you so fervently fighting Venky's corner?

I THINK I SAID THEY SHOULD APPOINT A CHAIRMAN. I THINK I SAID THEY SHOULD BE AT GAMES. IS THAT FIGHTING SOMEBODY'S CORNER?

Are you on their payroll?

YEAH, THAT OLD ONE. LIKE I WAS DAN WILLIAMS'S PR MAN.

You've no emotional attachment to Blackburn Rovers, I think it's time you slung your hook.

AGREED.

nicko, on 02 February 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

The time to assess the new regime was AFTER the window, so here goes.

OWNERS...clearly have money, but like to spend it wisely and have a plan...let the manager have Roque on massive wages...found cash for Jones's wages...invested in Formica and Rochina...dished out more dough for the senior players in what was a shrewd and unexpected gesture...gave Kean a contract and said he was safe which is good news...probably spent about £7 million including wages which is above the first level mentioned and below the potential pot...Maradona and Ronaldinho were bizarre interludes...you can live with that when people are new and want to make a splash...learned fast...seem straight to me...8 out of 10.

MANAGER...Steve Kean has done a very good job so far, starting with a lot of people out to trip him up and getting worse with injuries...a steady hand, popular with the players...made a list that was not quite delivered, but that's football...has proved to be a tactician who can play a new style and a politician aho can handle the off-the-field nonsense...no fool...a find...8 out of 10.

THE AGENTS...not the bogey men some had painted...obviously have connections...Formica, Rochina and Jones deals took some doing and were handled on time...few rivals can claim they did better...where was there ever scope to 'rip off' a club with a budget like Rovers?...interesting to note that Philippe Huber is the main mover in the relationship and NOT Jerome Anderson who is the most visible...their master plan of bringing in young talent will take time, but Formica and Rochina are young and could be the first of several...fair effort in a window where many rivals struggled to do anything...8 out of 10.

There is one absolutely brilliant line that I have sat on for months as the Jerome Anderson link emerged - and all of the blethers from some 'well-informed' quarters rumble on.

Anderon's son has been a Rovers player for MONTHS - since before the takeover - and not one person around here mentioned it.

One of the first things the new regime did was to send him out on loan.

I wonder what the conspiracy theorists make of that one?

Hilarious.

Also, can I take it that the reason you did not address the point about finance is because you did not know, or did not feel it worthy of addressing?

Guest linganzi

Why are you so fervently fighting Venky's corner?

Are you on their payroll?

You've no emotional attachment to Blackburn Rovers, I think it's time you slung your hook.

agreed, sometimes it seems like playing devils advocate, sometimes its like some sort of baiting of the fragile hearts sometimes it is like fighting the kean venky corner

im sure I can wait till the mornings for vague transfer tittle tattle

agreed, sometimes it seems like playing devils advocate, sometimes its like some sort of baiting of the fragile hearts sometimes it is like fighting the kean venky corner

im sure I can wait till the mornings for vague transfer tittle tattle

Whilst his opinions do not jive with mine, one has to ask - What could he possibly have to gain fighting it Venkeys corner?

I can't think of anything, besides the obvious which is just madness.

With all due respect, we have Jackson Ramm, Lowe, Morris, Hanley, P Jones who are all much better than this Myles Anderson. Why don't we give these lads the chance? It beggars belief, as to what is going on at the club. I can't take this anymore, and I'm now at a stage, where whatever happens must just happen to our club. Its an utter disgrace!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

den:

1] YOU KEEP BANGING ON ABOUT THIS £5M THING. THE FIRST WINDOW THEY HAD SAW TWO SIGNINGS, TWO EXPENSIVE LOANS AND AS MANY NEW DEALS AS YOU COULD WANT. THE TOTAL SPEND IN THAT MONTH WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN £5M. IT WAS MORE THAN MANY RIVALS AND CERTAINLY A LOT MORE THAN THE TRUSTEES HAD SPENT IN THE PREVIOUS TWO OR THREE WINDOWS. THE TARGET POSITION VARIES ACCORDING TO WHICH QUOTE YOU WANT TO BUILD YOUR WORLD AROUND.

JA was employed by the trustees to find a buyer [your words, backed up by quotes from Watford].

2] ANDERSON WAS CLEARLY ONE OF MANY TRYING TO FIND A BUYER.

Venky's are interested in taking on the club in order to boost their image, but they have little cash in Premier League terms.

3] VERY LITTLE CASH? ENOUGH TO BUY THE THING AND CHUCK SOME CASH INTO THE FIRST AVAILABLE WINDOW.

JA tells them that with loans and a relatively small investment, they could succeed. JA tells them, that he, as an agent, could bring in the players that would enable the club to get into Europe, where Venky's brand would become known around Europe.

4] WHY WOULD AN AGENT SAY THAT HE COULD DO THINGS CHEAP IF HE WAS WANTING TO MAKE MONEY? IT DOESN'T FIT, DOES IT?

Now then, JA knows that Sam would never go along with this ridiculous idea, so JA suggests that Sam isn't really the right man for Rovers [hoofball and all that]. Don't forget that when Sam was sacked, Venky's said it had always been their plan to sack him. Mrs D, having not a clue about anything to do with BRFC, sees this as a way to grow the club and enhance their own brand.

5] VENKY'S WERE NOT SURE ABOUT CERTAIN ASPECTS OF SAM FROM THE START. I DON'T THINK AGENT ANDERSON WANTED HIM BUMPED.

PROBABLY THE FIRST FENCE.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not looking for an argument Nicko. I'm putting a possible scenario to you. You keep telling us how things are not as bad as we are all making out, so you must know the answers. So:-

1] Again, there's no evidence that Venky's have put in more than a minimal amount. We know they have taken out a mortgage against next season's TV money, that could possibly cover any extra spending. It was suggested around the transfer window that Venky's were beginning to realise that money needed to be spent - I think you reported that. So yes, there's every reason to believe that they were told that a minimal amount of cash, along with a few loans would see rovers into the top five.

2] Just backs up th facts that JA was selling the club. No arguments there.

3] Little cash in Premier League terms I said. £5m per transfer window, for six windows isn't much in PL terms. Where's the evidence that they thought it would cost them a lot more?

4] He persuaded Shinawatra that he could bring in players for Man City. It isn't difficult to imagine him convincing Venky's that he had the contacts within football to bring in youngsters and loanees is it?

5] Sam was sacked after three weeks. Venky's were quoted as saying that they had intended sacking him for a while. Isn't it possible that they had no idea whatsoever about Sam's style of play - and that someone else filled their minds with this?

Honestly Nicko, I haven't seen any evidence that goes against the idea that Venky's were mislead by somebody.

We're not going to agree about the ability of the manager. Only results will prove who is right on that one.

I just get bugged by people revving it up over a crap six-game run. The over-reaction is crackers.

It's been worse than this, the team is not great but not hopeless. It's going to be a white knuckle ride from now on in, but so be it.

The current points total would have kept you up last season, you will clearly need seven to eight points or be at risk.

You have a better chance of doing that with a united front than a divided one.

This nicko character seems to get eveyone listening, but if this is an example of his insight then who cares?

If you are a fan of this manager then you are quite right we will not agree. What don't you understand about 12 points from 39 available, 2 clean sheets in that time, playing 10 teams below us during that run, 2 points from the last 6 games (18 available) and freefalling down the league so far and fast we now reside just above the relegation places? It is pretty clear to most that things have not gone to plan and we are in serious trouble.

A crap six game run? Hardly, it has been crap since Kean's first game against West Ham (bottom of the league when we played them) and only the ridiculous excitement and fever demonstrated by fans after standard wins against West Brom and a decent performance against Liverpool, deflected from how poor it has been and bought Kean some time.

"You have a better chance of doing that with a united front than a divided one."

Oh dear! Is this what is loosely described as insight?

The over-reaction is not a over-reaction, nor crackers. Relegation would be catastrophic for our club and people like you tailoring your words to protect SK and burying your head in the sand are laughable. Perhaps we can enjoy your insight next season if you are willing to comment on the Scunthorpe v Rovers thread and you can tell me the glad tidings of Simon Garner being approached by the Venky's to lead the front line.

Rovers will be here long after Steve Kean and I can't wait for him to be removed from his lofty position. Losing to Blackpool would have been a blessing in disguise if it had forced the owners to act and remove this manager. We could have got someone in professional short term to manage team affairs and had a chance of staying up and Kean could have gone and got some experience at Morecambe, Carnfoth or Bamber Bridge if they would have him.

I assume you still think we'll stay up to be so calm and genial about Kean, at this point I certainly don't and am horrified that Venkys don't appear to even be considering sacking him. Clearly you must rate this manager, but he has no history, CV, or credentials to base your judgement on, so clearly you are just making noise.

With all due respect, we have Jackson Ramm, Lowe, Morris, Hanley, P Jones who are all much better than this Myles Anderson. Why don't we give these lads the chance? It beggars belief, as to what is going on at the club. I can't take this anymore, and I'm now at a stage, where whatever happens must just happen to our club. Its an utter disgrace!

It's not like he is going to start the next match Iceman.

If he starts a game for Rovers I will then officially lynch Kean.

Can NEVER see him starting. Daddy just got him a nice paycheque.

Guest linganzi

Whilst his opinions do not jive with mine, one has to ask - What could he possibly have to gain fighting it Venkeys corner?

I can't think of anything, besides the obvious which is just madness.

maybe its obvious for a reason ? who knows but coming into my house and taking my wifes side about the affair she had with my brother just doesnt seem appropriate

We've got Roque's brother in our reserves, and he's sh**. Nobody complained then. It was actually a good move if you ask some. :rolleyes:

Actually, the supporters who go to reserve matches did complain. I take it you weren't at the Reserve games and so didn't notice.

Archived