BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City 9th April 2011

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion of the team we should play...

GK: Robinson

DR: Salgado

DL: Givet

DC: Samba

DC: Nelsen

MC: P.Jones

MC: Pedersen

AML: Olsson

AMR: Holiett

AMC: J.Jones

ST: Kalinic

Bunn, Cruz, Roberts, Rochina, Emerton, Dunn, Hanley

I think we're getting a bit closer with this kind of idea. It is essentially a 4-5-1, but with the support of Olsson and Hoillet getting down the wings. The three centre mids I agree with (we were begging for Pedersen's set pieces against Arsenal).

As has been mentioned above, I would think about slotting Emerton in at RB. Salgado hasn't been the same since Allardyce left.

RSC looked better in the second half against Arsenal, I would probably start with him again. I still believe he is our best striker.

Absolutely play Dunn. We need to get our passing game (Liverpool match) going. Through balls behind their defensive line (which is not the quickest, to say the least) to Junior and Olsson can kill them. I think it'll be Santa upfront, but I prefer Kalinic, who then is able to play very deep with delivery from the wings, which suits him best.

• Backroom

For my money Pedersen should probably come back into the team. We need his set pieces, inconsistent as they are. Side for me:-

--------------------Robinson

Salgado----Nelsen----Samba----Olsson

Hoilett--------Jones----Jones----Pedersen

------------------Cruz----Kalinic

Subs:- Bunn, Givet, Dunn, Emerton, Rochina, Roberts, M Diouf

Big difference for me is leaving Givet out. He would have been a shoo-in for me at left back - but after Olsson's excellent performance (if still a bit gung ho) against Arsenal, and with Givet's discontent with the club, I think maybe he should keep his place. He also works nicely with Pedersen on the overlap.

Have I missed something here? Givet's discontent?

Rochina ? Lets be serious, it's not a game for a callow youth. I'd rather have Pedersen and you know what I think about him.

Rochina mainly based on his performances in the reserves - and the possible need to have somtheing a little different to unhinge a strong Birmingham defence.

One key thing - we need to keep tabs on their runners from midfield - hopefully PJ will have another stormer as the defensive midfield player.

Have the Brum fans been given three quarters of the Darwen End, can only see tickets on sale in the lower left hand side on sale on the Rovers site?

Birmingham have sold out their allocation of 2800 tickets.

My only concern right now is that after a solid performance against Arsenal, Kean will randomly shake the team up and make too many unforced changes. We need continuity for the games ahead.

Archived