BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City 9th April 2011

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only concern right now is that after a solid performance against Arsenal, Kean will randomly shake the team up and make too many unforced changes. We need continuity for the games ahead.

He should keep pretty much the same team, with N'zonzi out perhaps Emerton could slot into central midfield and M.Diouf could come into the side. I think he could also change it up front, I'd play Niko.

1302024243690889.jpg

Or if Givet is back put Givet at left back Olsson on the left and Hoilett on the right. Though from all accounts Olsson had a decent game at left back against Arsenal.

He should keep pretty much the same team, with N'zonzi out perhaps Emerton could slot into central midfield and M.Diouf could come into the side. I think he could also change it up front, I'd play Niko.

1302024243690889.jpg

Or if Givet is back put Givet at left back Olsson on the left and Hoilett on the right. Though from all accounts Olsson had a decent game at left back against Arsenal.

Next time you go to Ewood try taking your hands away from your eyes. I know it's not easy. Play Diouf junior at all , why? Put Hoilet out on the left when he prefers the right ,why? Put J Jones in front of the back four instead of P Jones, why? Put Kalinic up front on his own when a blind man on a very fast galloping horse knows he can't play that role, why?

Play Diouf junior at all , why? Put Hoilet out on the left when he prefers the right

Because he has played there several times whilst on loan here. Hoilett could play on the right but he played so well on the left last game and linked up well with Olsson, why break it up? I was also factoring in moving Emerton into central midfield due to the lack of options with Grella and N'zonzi out of the game and at the same time keeping the same shape as our previous game. I'm not a fan of Diouf btw.

,why? Put J Jones in front of the back four instead of P Jones, why?

You could put either Jones there, both are able to play a box-to-box role. Its likely all three roam about a bit anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Put Kalinic up front on his own when a blind man on a very fast galloping horse knows he can't play that role, why?

With Hoilett and Diouf or Hoilett and Olsson given freedom to make forward runs (the three man central midfield would allow that) they could support Niko. If you are to launch the ball from back to front and aerially all the time then it wouldn't work, playing the ball into his feet would with support from the wings. Other options are Santa Cruz (can't score) Roberts (can't score) and Benjani.

Considering we need to score goals and our wingers don't score many I'd play Niko over the other options. He has scored goals when he has played and he is our top scorer.

It seems a long time since we capitulated in Birmingham with that terrible give away game through defensive inadequacy.

I predicted a 6-0 drubbing at the hands of L'Arse and we took a more than deserved point.

Now we have the Zulus of brum coming, the original big club who are hated beyond belief.

I am not too sure of how this will go, which Rovers will turn up or which formation Kean will employ.

I do think Niko could be OUR match winner.

was also factoring in moving Emerton into central midfield due to the lack of options with Grella and N'zonzi out of the game

Oh don't say Grella's out. Bah, the gods are conspiring against us again.

1302024243690889.jpg

Coud put Pedersen in for N'Zonzi? Fans complained about the dead ball delivery on Saturday.

Is it just me who doesnt really rate Emerton?? His set piece delivery at Arsenal was awful too!

I think Dunn, or MGP would do a better job in the team ahead of him.

Id revert to 4-4-2

Both Jones in the middle, Hoilett out right and MGP our left...

2 of RSC/ Kalinic/ Mame upfront

is there a rule, that says the home team need to allocate an x amount of tickets to the away fans? In a situation like this, wouldnt it have made sense to give less tickets to Brum fans?

Is it just me who doesnt really rate Emerton?? His set piece delivery at Arsenal was awful too!

I think Dunn, or MGP would do a better job in the team ahead of him.

He's been a decent, steady player for Rovers since he joined which, believe it or not, was back in 2003 (280+ appearances) !!! He never hit the highs of his debut but has had many good games and was impressive when first switched to right back.

Since he's come back into the team after a fairly lengthy injury he doesn't look the same player and his touch / passing if way off. It's a shame after being a valued player for so long but we are not in a situation where we can afford to give him games and if there are other options I would use them.

If Kean wants to keep the same shape as he did against Arsenal who else can come in and play that central midfield role with Grella and N'Zonzi out?

Pedersen- Not a central midfielder, has shown this season on numerous ocassions he plays people into trouble.

Dunny- Legs have gone cannot play the role. Better as a Trequartista behind the lone striker.

Emerton for me is the only option if he wants to play a 3 man central midfield.

Thinking about it, it's likely Kean will change the shape completely by playing Dunny behind Roque. A move I believe would be a huge mistake after playing so well against Arsenal.

I know everyone's not his biggest fan but i'd put MGP back in this week.

He's worth a place on his set pieces alone, particularly if Niko or RSC start.

I like Olsson on the wing but he's just as threatening going forward from full-back, particularly with the protection MGP can give him.

Lots of possibilities... Dunn and Pedersen could both come in for N'Zonzi in a straight swap (With J. Jones taking a more defensive role to compensate), or it could be Givet coming in. Perhaps Emerton dropping to the bench as well due to a fairly poor performance. Wouldn't change more than those two starters though, if that.

Robbo; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Olsson; Jones, Jones; Emerton, Pedersen/Dunn, Hoilett; RSC --- If continuity is what we want.

Robbo; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet; Jones, Jones; Hoilett, Pedersen/Dunn, Olsson; RSC --- Givet coming in.

Robbo; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Olsson; Jones, Jones; Hoilett, Dunn, Pedersen, RSC --- Another option that I like

Robbo; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Olsson; Hoilett, Jones, Jones, Pedersen; RSC, [Another striker - Genuinely don't know who I'd pick] --- For a 4-4-2.

Personally I think we should stick to the formation of last week. Pedersen and Dunn don't have the engine of N'Zonzi, obviously, but the Joneses should be enough in that department, and Brum's midfield isn't quite at Arsenal's level. So we can afford a more attack-minded player in there.

Funny how the mind works really.. when I started writing this I was pretty sure I knew what lineup I wanted to see. Then I go on namning four different ones... they could all work pretty well I think, depends on form, fitness etc who should come in really. The third one is what I'd choose though.

Lots of possibilities... Dunn and Pedersen could both come in for N'Zonzi in a straight swap (With J. Jones taking a more defensive role to compensate), or it could be Givet coming in. Perhaps Emerton dropping to the bench as well due to a fairly poor performance. Wouldn't change more than those two starters though, if that.

Robbo; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Olsson; Jones, Jones; Emerton, Pedersen/Dunn, Hoilett; RSC --- If continuity is what we want.

Robbo; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet; Jones, Jones; Hoilett, Pedersen/Dunn, Olsson; RSC --- Givet coming in.

Robbo; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Olsson; Jones, Jones; Hoilett, Dunn, Pedersen, RSC --- Another option that I like

Robbo; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Olsson; Hoilett, Jones, Jones, Pedersen; RSC, [Another striker - Genuinely don't know who I'd pick] --- For a 4-4-2.

Personally I think we should stick to the formation of last week. Pedersen and Dunn don't have the engine of N'Zonzi, obviously, but the Joneses should be enough in that department, and Brum's midfield isn't quite at Arsenal's level. So we can afford a more attack-minded player in there.

Funny how the mind works really.. when I started writing this I was pretty sure I knew what lineup I wanted to see. Then I go on namning four different ones... they could all work pretty well I think, depends on form, fitness etc who should come in really. The third one is what I'd choose though.

What has Pedersen done to earn a place in your team ?

He's been a decent, steady player for Rovers since he joined which, believe it or not, was back in 2003 (280+ appearances) !!! He never hit the highs of his debut but has had many good games and was impressive when first switched to right back.

Since he's come back into the team after a fairly lengthy injury he doesn't look the same player and his touch / passing if way off. It's a shame after being a valued player for so long but we are not in a situation where we can afford to give him games and if there are other options I would use them.

Agreed 100% - last 12 months he seems to have lost that bit of pace & belief.

--------Robinson----------

Salgado Samba Nelson Givet

---------P Jones----------

-----J Jones Pederson----

Hoilett-------------Olsson

-----------Cruz-----------

That would be my team - Pederson brought in for Emo based only on set pieces. Emo interchangeable with Salgado too - he's far better at full back than right-wing. Hoilett and Olsson given license to bomb forward and get up and beyond Roque.

Use Dunn & Roberts from subs bench from where they are most effective as impact players.

Archived