BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City 9th April 2011

Whatever team we put out getting the win is imperative looking at these fixtures:

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Wolverhampton v Everton, 12:45

Blackburn v Birmingham, 15:00

Bolton v West Ham, 15:00

Chelsea v Wigan, 15:00

Man Utd v Fulham, 15:00

Sunderland v West Brom, 15:00

Tottenham v Stoke, 15:00

Sunday, 10 April 2011

Blackpool v Arsenal, 13:30

Aston Villa v Newcastle, 16:00

Monday, 11 April 2011

Liverpool v Man City, 20:00

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the biggest games we'll have till the end of the season and WE MUST WIN.

Even though I know the 4-5-1 formation worked against Arsenal, considering N'zonzi is out and Emerton was really poor in that game, we should change to a 4-2-3-1, what it is still a 4-5-1 formation.

Givet and Dunn should enter.

so, it would be like this:

GK Robinson

RB Salgado

CB Nelsen

CB Samba

LB Givet

DMid. J. Jones

DMid. P. Jones

RM (or ARM) Hoilett

ACM Dunn

LM (or ALM) Olsson

S Santa Cruz

Sam style tactics could be key on Saturday. Work colleague of mine watches Brum through sufferance (corporate entertaining) and was surprised on Saturday how 'small' Brum were. He suspects that they might bring Zigic back against us to add a bit of height both defensively and offensively. Thinks Jerome with his pace and Phillips with his guile might be too much for our back four.

• Backroom

If Jerome and Philips are too much for us we deserve to go down.

I dont care if it's Kean tactics, Sam tactics or bloody Ince tactics just don't lose.

Whatever team we put out getting the win is imperative looking at these fixtures:

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Wolverhampton v Everton, 12:45

Blackburn v Birmingham, 15:00

Bolton v West Ham, 15:00

Chelsea v Wigan, 15:00

Man Utd v Fulham, 15:00

Sunderland v West Brom, 15:00

Tottenham v Stoke, 15:00

Sunday, 10 April 2011

Blackpool v Arsenal, 13:30

Aston Villa v Newcastle, 16:00

Monday, 11 April 2011

Liverpool v Man City, 20:00

Agreed, any kind of scrappy win would do, as looking at those fixtures, all of our rivals could easily get beat this weekend.

• Backroom

I wasn't sure if Majiball meant our rivals looked like they could win this weekend.

This league is so weird this season it's impossible to tell whats coming up.

I wasn't sure if Majiball meant our rivals looked like they could win this weekend.

This league is so weird this season it's impossible to tell whats coming up.

West Ham, West Brom, Wolves could all pull something out of the fire.

Imperative that we win and win well.

• Backroom

One thing is for sure we cannot rely on anyone else doing us a favour or teams around us losing, if we want to stay up we have to do it ourselves

I disagree with one thing though, it doesn't matter how we win, any win would do

Sam style tactics could be key on Saturday. Work colleague of mine watches Brum through sufferance (corporate entertaining) and was surprised on Saturday how 'small' Brum were. He suspects that they might bring Zigic back against us to add a bit of height both defensively and offensively. Thinks Jerome with his pace and Phillips with his guile might be too much for our back four.

Don't Rovers also have one of the smallest squads (in terms of height) in the league?

One thing is for sure we cannot rely on anyone else doing us a favour or teams around us losing, if we want to stay up we have to do it ourselves

I disagree with one thing though, it doesn't matter how we win, any win would do

What I meant is we need to maintain a good goals for stat. It will be crucial.

Don't Rovers also have one of the smallest squads (in terms of height) in the league?

If that is true I am shocked.

1 SOCCER Birmingham Nightlead

HLEB SET FOR BLUES RETURN

By John Curtis, Press Association

Alexander Hleb is looking to make up for lost time with Birmingham after being given the green light to return from injury.

The on-loan Barcelona player suffered a knee setback during the FA Cup tie with Sheffield Wednesday in mid February which shattered his dreams of facing former club Arsenal in the Carling Cup final.

But Hleb is now back available for Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with Blackburn at Ewood Park.

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish said: ``Alex is a terrific player and he's got the ability to make a difference and be a game-breaker, game -changer if you like.``It's good to welcome players back and have them in the fold and it's a selection problem for me - but it's one I'd rather have.``He was excellent in that cup game against Sheffield Wednesday and that's sadly when he got the injury.``But he was also very good for us in an away game against Fulham.''McLeish added: ``Alex is frustrated at how things have gone because of injuries.``I know that he is very, very keen to steer us up the table.``Alex is at a good level again in terms of his knee so he should make the squad this weekend.``He has been out for a few weeks but is at a pretty good stage fitness-wise now.``He had an injection in his knee at the beginning of last week. He has been running well.''Central defender Martin Jiranek is still recovering from a toe problem which required surgery while winger David Bentley, who is on loan from Tottenham, is also ruled out with a groin injury.McLeish believes City's remaining home games could decide their fate but he is keen to pick up points away from St Andrew's.He said: ``We've got three home games. If we take care of the home games, I believe we'll be okay.``But at the same time we want to pick up as many points as we can. On the road, it is difficult.''end

I hope the team are more up for this one than me at the moment. Don't know why, but Birmingham bore me senseless. I've no interest in them whatsoever. If they disappeared off the face of the earth, I wouldn't miss 'em.

C'mon someone tell me, - what is interesting about BCFC?

I hope the team are more up for this one than me at the moment. Don't know why, but Birmingham bore me senseless. I've no interest in them whatsoever. If they disappeared off the face of the earth, I wouldn't miss 'em.

C'mon someone tell me, - what is interesting about BCFC?

I work round the corner from the ground and the people who work there are down to earth people. They also beat Arsenal in the Cup which cheered me up! :tu:

:rover: OH I GOT A FEELING :rover:

SOBER AS WELL.........

SIX BLOODY NIL!!!!!!!!! HAVE IT!!!!!

I will probably refuse to believe it if we pull that off. Clean sheet AND free scoring?

You have a feeling alright.

Just stay calm when the nice white van shows up and remember - they are not restraints, they are self cuddle aids.

Archived