BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City 9th April 2011

I'm coming up for this one as well... darwen end singing section... unsure of which way the game will go but hoping for the best as it's a long ride back after a defeat :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goulons time to shine!

Btw, what has happened to him? I haven't seen him since the Kean took over. Is he injured or is he just so bad that he's not making the squad?

He has got to be the worst ever player to wear the Rovers shirt in a competitive match. He is way out of the squad.

The game will be difficult and tense. I don't expect that Rovers will play the same way and with the same intensity as versus Arsenal.

Rarely does any team repeat the previous game's form.

I hope Barry Ferguson does NOT score against us. I think we'll just about scrape a win.

If not we stare the big drop in the face.

I have a soft spot for Brum purely because of Jasper Carrot. He and his mate were in a prison cell looking at the bucket in the corner.

The conversation went something like this,

"Where else would you spend a Saturday afternoon sitting on a cold seat staring at a bucket-load of sh1t?"

"At St Andrews watching Birmingham City."

Six of the last eight Premier League meetings between Blackburn and Birmingham have ended as 2-1 wins to the home side.

• The last nine matches between Rovers and City in all competitions have ended as home wins and none of the last 12 has seen the away side win.

• Cameron Jerome has scored five goals in five Premier League appearances against Blackburn; more than against any other side.

The last nine matches between Rovers and City in all competitions have ended in home wins.

• Cameron Jerome has scored five goals in five Premier League appearances against Blackburn, more than against any other side.

• Blackburn have conceded a higher percentage of second half goals than any other team (69%).

• Kevin Phillips has scored in all four starts that he has made for Birmingham City in all competitions this season.

• The Blues have won just two of their last 19 Premier League away games.

• Rovers are winless in their last seven league games (D3, L4). It is their longest run without a victory since a nine-match streak between November 2009 and January 2010.

• Blackburn have only recouped one point from games where they have been trailing this season; the lowest amount in the Premier League.

• Blackburn have conceded a higher percentage of second-half goals than any other team (69%).

• Birmingham have won 20 Premier League games since their promotion in 2009. All but one of those victories have been by a one-goal margin.

• Birmingham have fired in just 104 shots on target this season, fewer than any other team.

• Kevin Phillips has scored in all four starts that he has made for Birmingham City in all competitions this season.

• The Blues have won just two of their last 19 Premier League away games.

Well folks this is it........the big month. Rovers HAVE to win at leat two of their three home games in April, and that means starting with a win today.

I am just about to set off for "dear old Blegburn" in my car. Nerworkrail have chosen to close the West Coast main line from Edinburgh to Carlisle every weekend in April and use a bus from Edinburgh to Carlisle, and the journey time from Waverley to Preston has increased to 5hrs 30 min. I am not having any of that, so the car is going to be seeing more of Lancashire this month than it has ever done since it was new. COYB!!!

I will take this stat with me on sat. You can keep the rest of em!!

If i started reeling that lot of in the car on the way up I would be walking after 2 mins!!

• The last nine matches between Rovers and City in all competitions have ended as home wins and none of the last 12 has seen the away side win.

Very nervous this morning, fingers crossed we get three points today, biggest game of the season so far, we could be in the bottom 3 or 5 points clear,

3-1 Rovers RSC 2, Hoilett 1

You should have some fun traveling up today with the M6 full of Birmingham fans.

Man, could hardly sleep last night, this match is just to important..

Win it and Im sure we will stay up. Lose and I really cant see who we are going to beat to get the points needed to stay up.

Robinson

Salgado-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

--------P.Jones----------

---J.Jones----Gamst------

Hoilett-------------Olsson

----------Santa----------

Come on Rovers!

5 hours to kick off and I am feeling nervous/sick (normally never get this way before games), Rovers are in a very weird position, 3 points and Premier League survival will be within reach, a loss and we will really be staring down the barrel, a draw probably not good enough (taking into account the games we have remaining).

Looking forward to the game, hopefully we'll start well and get an early goal.

One thing to look for today is how much/little communication with the players Kean & Jensen have during the game. Against Blackpool pretty much every stoppage Holloway was getting messages on to his players with them running over to hear him, even at 0-2 Kean was stood there with not one of the players coming over. Key an eye on it today.

2-0 Rovers

Going to the Coventry beer festival. So both bases will be covered ;).

Had a 53 and a half hour week at work and my wife's grandma is probably on her way out so I deserve a result.

I'd probably go with Gogger's team, though I am in two minds over which of Kalinic or RSC I'd play.

Man, could hardly sleep last night, this match is just to important..

Win it and Im sure we will stay up. Lose and I really cant see who we are going to beat to get the points needed to stay up.

Robinson

Salgado-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

--------P.Jones----------

---J.Jones----Gamst------

Hoilett-------------Olsson

----------Santa----------

Come on Rovers!

Swap gamst for Dunn and that's perfect I think.

Think dunny will play just to try and get one over on the bluenoses

• Backroom

Looking forward to the game, hopefully we'll start well and get an early goal.

One thing to look for today is how much/little communication with the players Kean & Jensen have during the game. Against Blackpool pretty much every stoppage Holloway was getting messages on to his players with them running over to hear him, even at 0-2 Kean was stood there with not one of the players coming over. Key an eye on it today.

2-0 Rovers

To be fair he was shown a few times giving orders against Arsenal.

We will have to score 2 today to win I have a bad feeling that Gardner will score as he has a knack of hitting shots from distance low which is Robbo's main weakness.

Hoilett again needs to be the main man for us, so much depends on him in the run in.

I'm praying for a win today, don't feel nervous though. I think that the lack of nerves is due to the fact something clicked inside me which accepted relegation when Charlie Adam crashed in to make it 2-0 to Blackpool. I didn't swear, walk away, cry I just had a gentle acceptance.

I will go today and back the boys as always and sing my heart out, but I just don't know what's changed in me.

Get behind the boys and Kean today.

Archived