BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought of it that way, there's certainly a lot of sense in there.

One bit that doesn't add up though - it wouldn't work out as "free advertising" since Rovers would be £x million down by not having an external sponsor, meaning Venky's will have to plug that gap with their own money. They would, in effect, be paying for the advertising on the shirt.*

There are probably a few options available. I think one we can comfortably rule out is a conventional sponsor like we have now (local paint company).

*(please no money conspiracy theories against this, there are more appropriate places!)

Its not really a money conspiricy theory but if Venky's are in fact our shirt sponsor they could invest money in as sponsors rather than as owners thus avoiding UEFA's fair play rules for enterance to European competition. Also if having Rovers is about having the Venky's brand more recognised it makes even more sense for them to do it.

Its not really a money conspiricy theory but if Venky's are in fact our shirt sponsor they could invest money in as sponsors rather than as owners thus avoiding UEFA's fair play rules for enterance to European competition. Also if having Rovers is about having the Venky's brand more recognised it makes even more sense for them to do it.

Please remember these new money regulations from UEFA have NO implementation date. With Real and Barca in massive debt at the moment I very much doubt these regulation will come in any time soon. Also note that Man U are in massive debt but as the debt is owned by the parent company it does not count as debt for the football club.

The rules are nice idea but currently they are useless

I've already told you what they away kit is like. Mock it up if you like. The home kit is 90% certain to be same as Sunderland with the bits they have black, replaced by red.

But this description sounds like the jersey from last year (2009-2010 season). I think this season's jersey is kick ass, so it's gonna be hard to top it.

I wonder why Umbro does not, like Nike and Adidas, use their home shirts for two seasons. Does anyone know the reason? I would imagine that it may have something to do with us not selling as many shirts as Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, so they need every fan to buy double the number of shirts?

The one I saw had black and yellow halves. The same yellow as the asics kit, 1994-95 year maybe?

I'd buy that. I think we should have halved away shirts every season. The home kit is distinctive - we should make halved shirts our tradition.

How many times does it need to be said that halved home and away shirts every year will never happen?

And i like the red and black halved shirt, but glad we didnt carry on doing it as it would take something away from that kit.

Why shouldn't it continue every year?

I'd like if it our away kits had more consistency, either in style (halves) or colour scheme (black & red). Otherwise we just end up with these random away kits, like that horrible white one last season.

Personally I can't see how it would effect sales at all. I think it would boost them judging by some of the horrific monstrosities that have slothed out of kit designers minds in the past.

We all know its down to designers getting a payday, I am sure there is some union howling for their designing rights in some sweatshop in rural China.

The one season we had halved away shirts we sold far more kits, we would just need to rotate the colours red / black, yellow / blue, black / gold, black / silver, navy / light blue, red / navy, yellow / red - thats 7 seasons worth already!

Dont forget Steve's pink and puce horror. :lol:

To clarify, I never suggested puce. That abomination came solely from the worms churning in rebelmswar's slighlty unbalanced (in a charming, curious, only occassionally pyschotically violent) way.

But I do think an halved pink/white, pink/blue jersey would sell well.

But I also think that orange (not gold or bronze, a real orange) would also do well. Orange/yellow, orange/red, orange/blue.

Perhaps we can combine the ideas? Halved pink and orange. :lol:

We'd all look like pear drops!!

To clarify, I never suggested puce. That abomination came solely from the worms churning in rebelmswar's slighlty unbalanced (in a charming, curious, only occassionally pyschotically violent) way.

But I do think an halved pink/white, pink/blue jersey would sell well.

But I also think that orange (not gold or bronze, a real orange) would also do well. Orange/yellow, orange/red, orange/blue.

Perhaps we can combine the ideas? Halved pink and orange. :lol:

No evidence for that at all. I suppose the home shirt is not viable then as that's always halved :blink:

Home shirts generally stay the same and have decent sales because its the 'home' shirt.

And anyway im just repeating what has been said a million times before. Personally i think the novelty would soon wear off a halved away shirt.

Steve, do you work for a kit design company? You're starting to put me off halved shirts. :lol:

And making me feel a bit ill...! :P

No. For reasons I cannot yet phantom, no offers have been submitted despite my readily apparent design genius. :P

Archived