BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

I've decided to get the new Rovers shirt (without sponsor) now that i've shed a few pounds but I have a question about the sizes.

I am 5ft 10", weigh approx 12 stone 9lbs, 32" waist, not sure of my chest size (but definitely not as big as my missus! wahey!).

Do you think a Rovers shirt in a size medium would be okay? I can just about get into a normal medium t-shirt (if I suck my stomach in!)

I've decided to get the new Rovers shirt (without sponsor) now that i've shed a few pounds but I have a question about the sizes.

I am 5ft 10", weigh approx 12 stone 9lbs, 32" waist, not sure of my chest size (but definitely not as big as my missus! wahey!).

Do you think a Rovers shirt in a size medium would be okay? I can just about get into a normal medium t-shirt (if I suck my stomach in!)

I'm 6'2 and around 13 stone. L is fine for me, I think I'd go M if I was you though.

Talking of shirts, lets hope the club listen to the fans and look at the possibility of halved kits both home and away next season.

Yeah, cos they have a good record of listening to the fans on important issues. Obviously this is the main one that they need to get sorted. I mean there are a small number of unanswered questions about the overall survival of the club, but first things first, lets get them taking shirt requests and see how we go. Good thinking mate.

Yeah, cos they have a good record of listening to the fans on important issues. Obviously this is the main one that they need to get sorted. I mean there are a small number of unanswered questions about the overall survival of the club, but first things first, lets get them taking shirt requests and see how we go. Good thinking mate.

:lol: Welcome to Hughesyland!

Talking of shirts, lets hope the club listen to the fans and look at the possibility of halved kits both home and away next season.

Next season's shirt designs will have been decided months ago. They could even already be on a slow boat from China. We will be getting towards decision time for the 2013/14 season now.

Next season's shirt designs will have been decided months ago. They could even already be on a slow boat from China. We will be getting towards decision time for the 2013/14 season now.

They sure were - just hope they listened.

And Kei I'm talking about shirts not other decisions they have got wrong, feel free to butt out.

They are going nowhere

Eventually Kean will be let go, if nothing else when Venkys move on (as all owners do, eventually). And until they do, I'm not buying new Rovers merchandize, including shirts.

I have been buying old shirts and paraphernalia via Ebay in a continued effort to show my support.

1st time in 26 years I haven't had new rovers top and it will carry on until venky's scum leave!!!

This season's shirt is the first replica shirt I've bought in ages [the first HSA one was my most recent before that] and I only bought it because, with the lack of any logo on the front [i got it before our owners had got round to putting the Prince's Trust emblem on the replicas], it reminded me of the sort of shirts all teams wore when I first became a regular at Ewood in the late-1950s.

This season's shirt is the first replica shirt I've bought in ages [the first HSA one was my most recent before that] and I only bought it because, with the lack of any logo on the front [i got it before our owners had got round to putting the Prince's Trust emblem on the replicas], it reminded me of the sort of shirts all teams wore when I first became a regular at Ewood in the late-1950s.

Me too. Apart from the halves being messed around with I think it's the best shirt in years. My other favourite is the the red and black halved away shirt. I once saw someone wearing this which didn't have the plastic sponsors logo on the front. Anyone know how to remove these?

This year's was the first shirt I've bought in years. Namely because it was sponsor-less and because I liked the design, particularly incorporating the red trim. In the last ten years or so our home strip has left a lot to be desired and sponsors can leave kits looking outdated. The last decent shirts we had were made by Kappa, but they didn't appeal to the Pukka Pie crowd.

The best away kit we've had imo was the kappa one from 99/00 with the red diagonal sash... I think I remember the design having some significance connected to the 125th anniversary could be wrong though? Quite liked the gold and silver one from 97/98 too. Best home kit had to be a tie between this seasons (without sponsorship logo on) and the 125th anniversary one we wore against wolves, still got that one unwrapped.

The best away kit we've had imo was the kappa one from 99/00 with the red diagonal sash... I think I remember the design having some significance connected to the 125th anniversary could be wrong though?

You mean the purple Uhlsport one? That was ghastly.

Archived