BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

Wrote an mail to the club asking about next seasons shirt, and got this reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your recent query.

We are hoping for the shirts to be released sometime near to the summer holidays, June time however you are correct we currently have no sponsor for the new season. It would be most likely for this to be settled after our games have finished and we know where we are on the table but unfortunately we haven’t been given any details regarding the new shirts to be able to clarify anything for you.

We would suggest to keep looking online at www.onerovers.co.uk as any news on the new kit will be available to customers on our website.

Kind Regards

Mail Order Dept

Blackburn Rovers F.C.

When do you think we will have a new sponsor, and who will it be? Do you even think that Venkys care about a new sponsor atm?

So frustrating times...

Still, I have to give credit to the club for the incredible quick response I got on the mail.. Im glad that something works at the club atm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It's a shame as the shirt designs are finalised and already made but the lack of sponsor means it will be a late launch this time, had a sponsor been sorted early we would have had it pre summer hols.

It also means the sponsor will be in the form of a sticker be it plastic or flock

• Backroom

I don't know which is worse, the plastic breaks up and flock is too stiff. :(

I don't like either, the time kits were among my favourites due to the sponsor being in the kit.

"New Shirt 2011/12 How should it look?"

Blue and white halves with red numbers. I know it's a bit out there, but I think it'll suit us.

For home, yes. Can't mess with tradition.

For the away shirt I like orange.

Or even pink. It might irritate/motivate the squad enough to make them play. "Listen up lads. The owner has issued pink shirts for the away games. Soon as you put 40 points on the board, we can bin them and we'll go with a more traditional white or red."

I don't know which is worse, the plastic breaks up and flock is too stiff. :(

Flock 100% for me. Its way too hot here in summer and the stickers just stick to eachother and end up looking like crap.

I had to buy 2 Black lonsdale spnsored shirts from a couple years back because the sponsor was in awful condition from just being folded and left on the bed for a couple of hours.

Maybe if I lived in UK I would have a different view :D

* Also, the t-shirt from Onerovers with all the little shirts from the past on it has bits from each shirt melted onto others, and thats just from being in the parcel for a couple of hours.

Kellogs is my guess.....

From what id heard there is interest there, however it is just based on what league we are in. (Just to be clear I didnt mean their is interest from Kellogs - just that their are a number of large firms who have operations in India)

Putting Venky's on it doesn't make any business sense - there's no external money coming in by doing that.

Wouldn't surprise me to see an Indian company on there though. Tata Motors or something like that would be pretty good:

Putting Venky's on it doesn't make any business sense - there's no external money coming in by doing that.

Wouldn't surprise me to see an Indian company on there though. Tata Motors or something like that would be pretty good:

Ironic if we get that sponsor as that's what Venkys will be saying once they've screwed and asset stripped our club.

I predict we'll be getting a copy of the new England strip in different colours (the white one with buttons down the front). I'm not a huge fan personally but I'd imagine Umbro aren't gonna spend a huge amount of time designing a Rovers kit. As for the sponsor I do like that Cobra mock-up.. it is very annoying that we leave it so long to get stuck on sponsors AGAIN.

Oh well.. I'm sure I'll still buy 1.. Premiership or otherwise. I'm just hoping that the choice of players to put on the back isn't too limited by the time I get round to it.............

Maybe it's just me but Venkys as a sponsor definitely makes sense.

The way I see it, this venture is about making money for Venkys: not Rovers. Therefore it's free advertising for them. Globally, on TV, in newspapers, magazines and Roverites travelling the globe.. For as long as they like all for the price of buying the club and a bit of screenprinting. The next jigsaw piece would be bringing in a player with a high profile in South America and they'd flog bucketfuls of shirts and increase their profile.

That theory falls over if we are relegated of course.

Maybe it's just me but Venkys as a sponsor definitely makes sense.

The way I see it, this venture is about making money for Venkys: not Rovers. Therefore it's free advertising for them. Globally, on TV, in newspapers, magazines and Roverites travelling the globe.. For as long as they like all for the price of buying the club and a bit of screenprinting. The next jigsaw piece would be bringing in a player with a high profile in South America and they'd flog bucketfuls of shirts and increase their profile.

That theory falls over if we are relegated of course.

Never thought of it that way, there's certainly a lot of sense in there.

One bit that doesn't add up though - it wouldn't work out as "free advertising" since Rovers would be £x million down by not having an external sponsor, meaning Venky's will have to plug that gap with their own money. They would, in effect, be paying for the advertising on the shirt.*

There are probably a few options available. I think one we can comfortably rule out is a conventional sponsor like we have now (local paint company).

*(please no money conspiracy theories against this, there are more appropriate places!)

im sure i read somewhere.. ah it was in the fans forum minutes.

" 5. 2011/12 Shirt Sponsorship

TF reported that there was no news regarding potential shirt sponsors but stated that the owners were confident of finding a sponsor in India. He also stated that the delay in securing a sponsor would lead to an inevitable delay on launching the new shirts for next season meaning that it would be unlikely that the away shirt would be un-veiled before the end of the season. Again uncertainty regarding the club’s status for next season was having an impact on securing a sponsor."

full minutes

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/FansForum/0,,10303,00.html

I would guess that the home shirt will use this template but will of course be blue and white halves with either a red collar and red cuffs or a blue and white halved collar and a blue cuff on the white sleeve and a white cuff on the blue sleeve.

prod_2790.jpg

I would also guess that the away shirt will use this template with the main colour being either black, red, dark blue or maybe even a dark yellow and the red stripe being replaced with that same shade of blue they use for the home shirt.

AthleticBilbaoAway.jpg

Archived