BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

Putting Venky's on it doesn't make any business sense - there's no external money coming in by doing that.

Wouldn't surprise me to see an Indian company on there though. Tata Motors or something like that would be pretty good:

Tata Premiership, hello Championship at this bloody rate

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought of it that way, there's certainly a lot of sense in there.

One bit that doesn't add up though - it wouldn't work out as "free advertising" since Rovers would be £x million down by not having an external sponsor, meaning Venky's will have to plug that gap with their own money. They would, in effect, be paying for the advertising on the shirt.*

There are probably a few options available. I think one we can comfortably rule out is a conventional sponsor like we have now (local paint company).

*(please no money conspiracy theories against this, there are more appropriate places!)

Don't forget though advertising isn't just a bit of showing off. The whole point is that you make a lot more back than you spend. So that "gap" should be more than covered by the increase in sales of Venkys chicken. (Cue meerkat squeak).

Don't forget though advertising isn't just a bit of showing off. The whole point is that you make a lot more back than you spend. So that "gap" should be more than covered by the increase in sales of Venkys chicken. (Cue meerkat squeak).

Yeah I can certainly see the value to Venky's of having their name on the shirt. I was just making the point that it wouldn't really be free advertising.

I think the question mark is because the chance of any of them being here next season is diminishing game by game.

Haha yeah.. ironic isn't it that Kalinic and Pedersen are likely to be 2 of the first players to hand in transfer requests should we go down (possibly even if we stay up). Should have Roberts, Emerton and Andrews selling the kits. No chance they're off is there (GREAT thumbs-up.gif)

• Backroom

Interesting that the colours used are black and yellow, the same that are strongly hinted for the away shirt.

I wish it was going to be yellow and navy or royal blue ala the kit we wore at Wembeley Vs Leicester but yellow / black is fine.

Black and Yellow... Venky's are spending too much time listening to Wiz Khalifa, though I suppose thats better than listening to Jerome Anderson.

And by looking at your avatar I guess you like it!

I would like a black and yellow away shirt. Something a little bit unusual. Please not a red one!

Archived