BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

You call TJ out for having an opinion on everything yet feel it's fine for you to do so. I simply pointed out you apply one standard to yourself and another to others. I don't notice people commenting in your NFL thread - others leave alone threads which are of no real interest to them.

I.must.be.batty

Premier League

Members

PipPipPipPip

336 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

naked fat ladies, love em

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taken off the NFL thread ..I noticed TJ liked your post ,daft bugger probably cant remember posting this.

Facts right first eh or what ?

Fine ABBEY feel free to carry on. Eight words in your NFL thread compared with your inability to control your ranting across the entire message board at everyone and everything which doesn't fit your limited view of the world.

This is a cycling thread. I won't be commenting again on anything other than cycling.

Anyway back to the Cycling, Tour of Britain passing my front door at least once on Monday the 7th September as it passes through Whalley twice, Last time it came through Whalley there were quite a lot of spectators although it was a Saturday, so I would expect the pubs to be busy.

I need to have a good look to plan where the best place(s) will be to see the race. Ideally the top of a hill followed by the finish in Colne. Still, plenty of time to sort it yet.

the driver seemed to be in the wrong initially and is clearly an arrogant jumped up little gobshite, but in the end I think the cyclist deserved a good clump in the mouth for deliberately trying to provoke him further just so he could get his reaction on his stupid little coward cam(as I like to call them :P )

If its only meant as good natured humour then how come its only the same few posters that you constantly mock and you never mock the likes of yoda, adopted scouser,ect...

If it was only the ocasional jibe, i wouldn't mind, but it isn't its everyday in every thread, the only one that "must have nothing else to do" is you.

Doesn't Abbey continually take the mick out of GAV?

Being only a fair weather cyclist i went out on only my 3rd ride of the year yesterday. I'd forgot the hell that is the A59 between Osbaldeston and Whalley! Terrified doesn't come close to how i was feeling as lorry after lorry barrelled past me. I did see a bloke in a spiderman outfit cycling the other way so it wasn't all bad.

After carrying on to Clitheroe and then towards Bashall Eaves i made the mistake of tackling something called 'Birdy Brow' that takes you to the top of Longridge fell. Frig me that's a killer. Have any of you lot made it to the top without needing rescusitation?

Anyway, if any of you have any recommendations for decent rides round Lanky or beyond they'd be much appreciated.

ta

The A59 is a road to be avoided along its whole length on a bike. Luckily there are plenty of alternatives. For your ride you could have followed the Lancashire cycle way from Mellor over to Ramsgreave & Wilpshire station then back up over York to Whalley. Lumpier than the A59 but pretty quiet and a fabulous long descent not Whalley.

If you're on Strava you should be able to see my rides all over Lancashire over the last few years.

Ah yes Birdy Brow. Might as well throw in Jeffrey Hill as well!

From where you are just head out in to the Ribble Valley and make it up as you go along.

Edited by Paul

Regarding hill climbs and dangerous traffic the Leeds-Liverpool is the limit of my ambitions. :tu:

As far as cycling in general is concerned isn't that just the best way to see your mates at nights and weekends until you are old enough to take andpass your driving test? :rock: It certainly was for me.

Edited by thenodrog